help with understanding traceroute from ea?

Iilukas210

hi there guys im back again with another issue clealry it seems that the tech guys at both my isp and ea have no idea how to describe traceroutes, im having a problem in interupting this one i have attached now the ea team are saying that i have a lot of packet loss on the trace and by looking myslef i noticed it starts at hop 3, i have spoken with my isp about this and ther saying the usual oh your speeds and line are fine blah blah blah, no i no there is definantly something wrong somewhere, please help  me solve this and who i need to talk to get it resolved 

tracroute 2.txt

• Administrators

Could you redo this with PingPlotter please? It'll be a lot easier to diagnose https://www.pingplotter.com/download

In general I wouldn't advise doing it directly to a game server but to a local website or google (8.8.8.8) as that will determine if it's a problem with your line rather than an issue towards EA's side.

hi again fraser i think i sorted uploading photo, this was only a 5 minute trace with nothing on the line with qos at 100 each way, i currently cant do much testing tonight as work calls for me tommorow the joys, would it be possible for someone to possibly do a 1 on 1 or have a look at my settings and try to configure something as im just stuck in a rut on what settings i need to stop having lag and delay when gaming 

thank you 

pingploter.png

good morning fraser thank you for your response i mean it looks good when im not using the line but for some reason i cant seem to hone in a decent setting for me, i have tried the recommended 70/70 but it dont seem to get me a stable ping when downloading or watching youtube, twitch etc, i have also tried tinkering with my own settings but to no avail, my speeds are skys bb, on adsl line at 20down and only 1.2 up measly i know but i avoid using vigin been there and all im saying is horrendus and i cant get fibre in my area unfotunatly, so if theres anything you can reccomend im all ears 

thank you

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, Iilukas210 said:

good morning fraser thank you for your response i mean it looks good when im not using the line but for some reason i cant seem to hone in a decent setting for me, i have tried the recommended 70/70 but it dont seem to get me a stable ping when downloading or watching youtube, twitch etc, i have also tried tinkering with my own settings but to no avail, my speeds are skys bb, on adsl line at 20down and only 1.2 up measly i know but i avoid using vigin been there and all im saying is horrendus and i cant get fibre in my area unfotunatly, so if theres anything you can reccomend im all ears 

thank you

Have you got all your devices connected to the router? QoS won't work properly if you've got some devices connected to the Modem etc. I'd recommend disabling WiFi on the Modem and run everything through the Netduma.

Your pingplotter graph looks great so in theory you should be able to have a great connection. Are your gaming devices connected via LAN? Have you tried giving your console more bandwidth using Bandwidth Allocation?

hello jack yeah all devices are connected to duma, and wifi is off on sky hub, like i say i have followed all recomendations according to the wiki pages but still no joy! 

yes all gaming devices are hard wired and so is my laptop when performing speedtests, pingplotter, etc also have tried giving my gaming device more band width allocation but again still no joy :(