Best Netduma Settings for 1 gbps up/down

K-SLaY

Hello Netduma team,

So far I love the netduma OS. I have it with the XR500 router. I am trying to see if anyone can provide best settings for 1 Gbps up/down for geofilter and Qos. 
I have less 10 devices on my home network and none are bandwidth heavy (2 Amazon Firestick). 

I have set my Qos to 70% both down/up and so far I don't have much complaints. I don't experience much of a lag however sometimes there are games where I feel and see that I am a shot behind the enemies.  

I am trying to get the best out of my speed and router. Please advise. Thanks!

• Administrators

Hi K-SLaY, I would recommend you follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection it will help you first test the quality of your line and then will help you fine tune your Anti-Bufferbloat settings for your connection. It may be those moments you're having are just due to the server you're connecting to. If it's not a regular occurrence then likely a bum server and would suggest experimenting with forcing different servers.

1 hour ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

Have you tried playing with your QoS anti bufferbloat and see if maybe increasing it might reduce bloating on bot your download and upload? Try DSL REPORTS.

I have not but I am going to do so during my test later. 

Question about Qos so I can have a firm understanding on this please. 

If I increase or decrease the Qos Anti Bufferbloat slider, does it affect the traffic from my console or does it affect the devices?