XR500 Random restarts

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, joshd234 said:

Hi, My xr500 keeps randomly restarting occasionally, gets very annoying, has latest firmware and all that, was working fine, just started doing this lately..

Hi, welcome to the forum :) that doesn't sound right... It's probably nothing to do with your settings. How often does it reboot on average? Is the XR500 dusty / in a tight space? Could it be overheating / is it maxing out its CPU (when you check in System Information)?

• Netduma Staff
46 minutes ago, joshd234 said:

its less than 2 months old, its clean, dust free in an open space, the cpu does spike high pretty often, 

Hmm... How do you know it's rebooting? Do the lights turn off etc? Are you sure it's not just losing access to the Internet but remaining switched on? Could it be anything other than a reboot?

every time it does it, all lights go off, power / net go orange then it goes back on, internet has not went down at all, the modem shows everything is connected, never had this issue with my previous router which was a linksys. all setting the same, net is secured, does it with wifi on, off, ipv6 on/off..does it weather there is activity or not, could be sitting idle and it will reboot.., its like its losing power, and restarting, i dont have to unplug it or anything, it goes back on, on its own

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, joshd234 said:

every time it does it, all lights go off, power / net go orange then it goes back on, internet has not went down at all, the modem shows everything is connected, never had this issue with my previous router which was a linksys. all setting the same, net is secured, does it with wifi on, off, ipv6 on/off..does it weather there is activity or not, could be sitting idle and it will reboot.., its like its losing power, and restarting, i dont have to unplug it or anything, it goes back on, on its own

That definitely shouldn't be happening. In this case it sounds like it could be a hardware issue, or potentially an issue with the power adapter itself. I would highly recommend contacting Netgear support and seeing what they can do for you - you might be eligible for a replacement, or there could be a way for them to diagnose the issue remotely.

You should make an account with their support and call the phone number you can find there, they're usually excellent with round-the-clock support :)