Geo filter

dirtycatturd

• Netduma Staff
18 hours ago, dirtycatturd said:

Can't find lobby on PC when in filtering mode can find lobby with spectating mode but it on West coast I live on East coast pings r crazy please help

Which game are you playing? Try setting Ping Assist to 50ms, and set your home location in the ocean with Distance set to the minimum value. That way you'll only find games with less than 50ms ping.

• 3 weeks later...

Bops4 on PC I did that and I took over 20 min to find a game and there were only 2 people in it I have tried everything in geo even when I don't have my PC as a device it takes for ever than my ping is over 100 I have and r1 and in on the os it's sucks u see l these videos where this router helps people I can't even find a game

And how come when I change my device to phone and add it and in the second menu I pick pu g etc and it works great puts me 42 ping lobby's but I can't see them in geo I have no clue

• Netduma Staff

Lets do a few things step-by-step (some of these steps will have been done already, but definitely do it anyway!):

- Delete your device from the Geo-Filter.

- Find out the IP address of the PC you're playing on. Then on the Device Manager, double check that the IP address matches your PC.

- Change that PC to an Xbox using Device Type.

- Add it to the Geo-Filter, ensuring your PC is wired straight into the Netduma.

- Zoom out completely on the map, set Ping Assist to 60ms, and set your home location in the ocean with Distance set to the smallest value.

- Can you connect? :)

just did that and cant even connect to severs!!!! switch to my settings phone unreal engine same geo settings works i am so lost

i live in ny shouldnt there be like 25 ms severs near me new to pc  last year last year cod acted funny too

switch it to 75 on ping assist connect to severs but wont find a game so random

and not for nothing this way new maps r in the mix  this way everything works great this way just dont see anthing on the geo

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, kava05 said:

im having the same problem im on xbox one cant find lobby if i turn Geo-Filteon but if i turn it off my Geo-Filter ill get in to a lobby with ping 200ms 

Could you make a new topic please and include a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page and more information on settings

• Administrators

That literally makes zero sense because spectating mode doesn't filter at all, simply changing it to unreal engine wouldn't do anything. Are you certain you've put the PC as a console in the Device Manager and then deleted and re-added to the Geo-Filter so it uses the console service? All your screenshots so far aren't showing it. Also I didn't mean for you to start a new topic, I was quoting Kava.

Ok sorry when I do that it works but it doesn't takes for ever and I have to keep backing out cause it throws me in with 2 or 3 other people and nothing and sometimes it loads right up but it tries to put me in the west coast at 95 ping