Jump to content
SirJtv

Error Code when trying to upgrade to DumaOS

Recommended Posts

I am running 1.03.6h, which according to the email was fine to upgrade from. I selected the download file, made sure that preserve settings and check version were checked like stated. Once I hit upgrade the lines look to be loading under the Upgrade button but after a few seconds "Upgrade failed: with exitcode 1" appears in a red box. Not sure what I did wrong, could this be a bad download file? Image attached for reference. 

duma.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SirJtv said:

I am running 1.03.6h, which according to the email was fine to upgrade from. I selected the download file, made sure that preserve settings and check version were checked like stated. Once I hit upgrade the lines look to be loading under the Upgrade button but after a few seconds "Upgrade failed: with exitcode 1" appears in a red box. Not sure what I did wrong, could this be a bad download file? Image attached for reference. 

Hi, welcome to the forum! Not to worry, we had a couple of cases of this error code. It's easy to get past, just takes perseverance!

First thing to do would probably be to factory reset the router. I'd be surprised if you can't upgrade after that - the only other thing I can think would be a corrupt file, so try downloading a different one.

If it doesn't work then, make sure to let us know and we'll go further :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! Not to worry, we had a couple of cases of this error code. It's easy to get past, just takes perseverance!

First thing to do would probably be to factory reset the router. I'd be surprised if you can't upgrade after that - the only other thing I can think would be a corrupt file, so try downloading a different one.

If it doesn't work then, make sure to let us know and we'll go further :D

Thanks Jack, restoring to factory allowed me to upgrade. I apologize if I made a duplicate topic on the subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirJtv said:

Thanks Jack, restoring to factory allowed me to upgrade. I apologize if I made a duplicate topic on the subject. 

Ah good stuff, I thought that'd work. I hope you enjoy DumaOS :) if there's anything else I can do for you just let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×