ping assist issue

hello I am using ping assist on my xbox1x but I cant connect to any BFV, BF1, madden 19 servers nor Mario kart 8 deluxe and super smash bros ultimate because of filtering mode. I can find games in fortnite, BO4 and PUBG tho. what can I do?

ok so using ping assist and setting my console on filtering mode if I log into fornite my ping shows an 9999 but if I set my console to spectating mode it goes back to 36.

now here is the thing I tried playing a game on fortnite and it wouldnt let me connect to fortnite lobbies either.

I have done 3 factory resets already......

• Administrators

Hi - I think you may not understand how the Geo-Filter works. Filtering Mode will block servers outside of a range from your home, as set by the red circle. So if your circle is small, you may end up blocking the game from loading at all. 

I recommend you click the ‘?’ Icon at the top of the Geo-Filter screen which will start a quick tour. Once you understand the feature I then recommend you go through this guide to get the best settings:http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

Let us know if you need any help after that

ok but I am trying to do the ping assist settings, and it says to leave your console on filtered mode and move your home pin radius to the middle of the ocean and make it as small as possible. this is what I have been trying but it seems like png assist isn't working how it is supposed to.

Edited by OnlineGamer
i was missing a bit of the description... i just woke up lol

sooooo I installed the previous update .32 did a factory reset, did the whole starting process installed the latest update and still the same. I cant play on games that use dedicated servers like fortnite pubg madden19 BFV BF1, using ping assist and dropping my home pin in the middle of the ocean just like website says to do. only way for me to connect to the servers is by dragging my home pin to where I live and expanding the radius. but because of filtering mode I cant join any EA servers. I tried putting my ping all the way up 80ms (mine is 25ms) and still nothing, so PING FILTER is not working.

I connect to every game except for madden19 MUT it kees kicking me out when I find a player. now in fifa 18 it gave a player with a 68ms ping so I am assuming ping filter is not working because I have it at 35ms. just joing another game that shows a 55ms ping. and the connection is peer.

so if I try to use PING ASSIST with strict mode on I cant join lobbies on games like PUBG, fortnite, fifa 18(even tho host type shows peer), madden 19, bf1 and bfv. the only online game I can connect to is COD B04 which it show the connection host as peer. am I missing something?

• Administrators

I’m sorry but you really need to take the Geo-Filter tour I recommended above so you can understand how the filter works. By using it as a ping filter, which the bottom half of the Ping Assist guide explains, you will only connect to a server below your ping range. 

For a game like PUBG, you probably have the Ping Assist threshold too low so you have not been able to connect to any games. 

For a game like PUBG and Fortnite, I would actually recommend you use the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode so you can see where the lobby is located when you join a game. Then if it’s not in the server location you most want, just back out to the starting screen and search again. This tends to be a lot quicker than waiting for the game to realise you’ve blocked the server.

before ping assist got added in the .40 firmware I usedto and can still play pubg and fortnite with my console on filtering mode and with strict mode on. the only thing I couldn't do was that I couldn't join any EA games like fifa, madden and battlefield's lobbies. my question is. is ping assist only for COD and if not what other games does it work with?

Ping assist is not "only for cod" it just works best in games that use peer to peer connections to establish game servers. For dedicated servers you need to look at which servers are nearby you and set up your geofilter to only allow that server. The reason you need to do this is there is a small pool of dedicated servers which may not be in the right distance or ping range for the router to put you in that server consistently. With peer to peer games you have every other person playing acting as a server. And so there is a much larger number of "servers" to connect to. It's got nothing to do with EA or the game, it's just the difference in network structure.

The router fundamentally can't put you on a dedicated server that doesn't exist. You're setting up connection conditions that the router is not able to match for you. What admin is asking you to do is figure out where the server you want to connect to is and set your connection conditions in geofilter to match.

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, OnlineGamer said:

before ping assist got added in the .40 firmware I usedto and can still play pubg and fortnite with my console on filtering mode and with strict mode on. the only thing I couldn't do was that I couldn't join any EA games like fifa, madden and battlefield's lobbies. my question is. is ping assist only for COD and if not what other games does it work with?

Azza is right above - I'm gunna' pitch in here as well. It's important to understand Strict Mode as well, so here goes: with Strict Mode on, you won't be able to connect to Dedicated Servers if they're outside your radius. If you're playing games which rely heavily on dedicated servers like PUBG and Fortnite, it might be wise to keep it turned off.

It's also important to understand how the matchmaking differs in those games. PUBG and Fortnite work with 'regions' - groups of servers in a certain location. You can select your region, or server group, in the game itself. Your goal with the Geo-Filter is to get the best server in your region.