Geofiltering simply does not work for BO4

halamadrid

Worked like a charm in BO3 then I pop this game in and if anything it seems to be sabotaging me somehow. Constantly put on East coast servers despite blocking them everytime. Turning geofiltering off has overall made my play experience better. Can someone point me in the right direction or have there been that many changes on their matchmaking side of things that this is a problem?

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, halamadrid said:

Worked like a charm in BO3 then I pop this game in and if anything it seems to be sabotaging me somehow. Constantly put on East coast servers despite blocking them everytime. Turning geofiltering off has overall made my play experience better. Can someone point me in the right direction or have there been that many changes on their matchmaking side of things that this is a problem?

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'd recommend Ping Assist as well - try setting your Geo-Filter radius to the smallest value, then put your home location in the sea. That effectively turns off the 'Distance' filter.

Then, set Ping Assist to 50ms. You'll now only connect to games below 50ms :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am familiar with the basics of Netduma OS and have done these things yet I am still being put into games well outside of the area with ping much higher than 40 (which is what I have set). These things worked for me on the same console under the same ISP with the same IP in the same home in BO3, yet they do not seem to work now.

• Administrators

Do you have fast search enabled for ping assist? If the router detects the ping as under the limit for even a split second it will allow it even if its higher than that afterwards. Could you provide a full page Geo-Filter screenshot with map options menu open when this is occurring please?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have fast search enabled for ping assist? If the router detects the ping as under the limit for even a split second it will allow it even if its higher than that afterwards. Could you provide a full page Geo-Filter screenshot with map options menu open when this is occurring please?

image.thumb.png.3fbd7d7b4ecab3de9d0938608baccda4.pngimage.thumb.png.baa25b0dd50b2091483a5e4d6ea2007c.png

Let me know if you need more than this. If so, can you explain how I show you what I need.

• Administrators

Your settings look absolutely fine so I'm struggling to see how you would get a game outside your radius that would be much higher than 40ms. Could you provide a screenshot of when it's outside the radius and a ping window showing it as above 40ms

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your settings look absolutely fine so I'm struggling to see how you would get a game outside your radius that would be much higher than 40ms. Could you provide a screenshot of when it's outside the radius and a ping window showing it as above 40ms

image.thumb.png.2abd325766c62186ac26ca788fa176bd.png

This is also an issue where it will intermittently not show my ping at all throughout a match but as you can see the distance is well outside my filtered range. It appeared the host/server was in New Jersey. I have banned as I usually do.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, halamadrid said:

This is also an issue where it will intermittently not show my ping at all throughout a match but as you can see the distance is well outside my filtered range. It appeared the host/server was in New Jersey. I have banned as I usually do.

If you're banning 'em and they don't appear to be banned, it's either than there's multiple servers in the exact same spot (which is common, called a 'server bank') or it's because you're on the old software instead of DumaOS, so you're unable to ban them completely.

Either way, on the old software or DumaOS, it isn't physically possible with your settings to get a server / game host that's outside the parameters you set. I've never to this day seen a case where it's happened - it's settings every time, or the ping of the server has changed mid-way through the game (which is pretty rare). Your screenshot doesn't show us what we'd need to see since we can't see the server in New Jersey or the ping to it.

Either way, if you turn off Ping Assist do you get better games? Is there a reason you need it, I'd have thought there's loads of servers on the West Coast you can use?

16 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

If you're banning 'em and they don't appear to be banned, it's either than there's multiple servers in the exact same spot (which is common, called a 'server bank') or it's because you're on the old software instead of DumaOS, so you're unable to ban them completely.

Either way, on the old software or DumaOS, it isn't physically possible with your settings to get a server / game host that's outside the parameters you set. I've never to this day seen a case where it's happened - it's settings every time, or the ping of the server has changed mid-way through the game (which is pretty rare). Your screenshot doesn't show us what we'd need to see since we can't see the server in New Jersey or the ping to it.

Either way, if you turn off Ping Assist do you get better games? Is there a reason you need it, I'd have thought there's loads of servers on the West Coast you can use?

I did the flush all temp bans in hopes it would be easier to show my issue, that may have been a mistake on my end. I did not ban that server until after the screen shot and should have included the map to show it. How do I turn ping assist off? Just set its value to 0? Should I change my OS? Am I even able to with the old R1 router? Also, how do I force the ping to show up when it simply won't sometimes?

Sorry for the boatload of questions I just really want to become more knowledgeable about this and get my online experience back to it's near flawless state as it was in BO3. I really appreciate you guys actively responding.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, halamadrid said:

I did the flush all temp bans in hopes it would be easier to show my issue, that may have been a mistake on my end. I did not ban that server until after the screen shot and should have included the map to show it. How do I turn ping assist off? Just set its value to 0? Should I change my OS? Am I even able to with the old R1 router? Also, how do I force the ping to show up when it simply won't sometimes?

Sorry for the boatload of questions I just really want to become more knowledgeable about this and get my online experience back to it's near flawless state as it was in BO3. I really appreciate you guys actively responding.

No worries :D you know what, I'd say just upgrade this damn thing to DumaOS so you can start having a better experience. It's way easier to use, more stable and has a ton more features in a far more effective user interface. We built it for the R1 originally, so of course it'll work on your router!

You can download it by signing up to the DumaOS open beta here: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Just to address your other points - you can turn off Ping Assist by setting it to 0ms, yup. That goes for DumaOS too. When you're upgraded, make sure to enable 'Auto-Ping Host' - the ping graph will load every time you connect to a game with that setting on.

On 1/29/2019 at 4:08 AM, Netduma Jack said:

No worries :D you know what, I'd say just upgrade this damn thing to DumaOS so you can start having a better experience. It's way easier to use, more stable and has a ton more features in a far more effective user interface. We built it for the R1 originally, so of course it'll work on your router!

You can download it by signing up to the DumaOS open beta here: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Just to address your other points - you can turn off Ping Assist by setting it to 0ms, yup. That goes for DumaOS too. When you're upgraded, make sure to enable 'Auto-Ping Host' - the ping graph will load every time you connect to a game with that setting on.

I have updated to DumaOS and for now it does seem a bit more user friendly. I have added my playstation to geofiltering as it seemed to automatically detect it. Did all of my settings transfer over or is there anything I should change in particular as I don't remember my initial setup.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, halamadrid said:

Sounds like you are not on a dedicated server most of the time.