Geo-Filter; filtering mode on not working on black ops 4

jongc

I need help because the geo filter is not working properly for me on black ops 4, if i have it on filtering mode it cannot find any games but if i have it on spectating mode then I find games easily, i tried it on world war 2 with filtering mode on and it seems to be working fine but only on black ops 4, thank you in advance.

Settings;

xr500 firmware V2.3.2.40
isp speed- 75 down, 7.5 up
qos anti-bufferbloat- always 70% on both
geo-filter- on playstation 4, radius 805 kms
location- calgary, alberta, canada

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Based on your location and the radius distance you have I don't think there are any servers within your radius and you're just missing out on them. We usually recommend 1000km and in your case I would advise doing so as I believe you'll then encompass a server. 

You could also enable Ping Assist to help you get games with the Geo-Filter active.

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome Fraser, l will try your recommendations sir but one quick question, what would be a good ping assist value for my connection? 50 perhaps?, Thank you.

I tried your recommendations Fraser with ping assist value of 50 and l am getting the 'lobby is not joinable' error, l have flushed the cloud and l am not sure how to make this work but like l said spectating mode still works fine.

• Administrators

Could you follow these two guides please and after that, reboot your game. Should play great after this:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

if not, could you take a screenshot of your Geo-Folter page and post it on here so we can take a look 

Thank you for responding, l have read the guide before setting up my xr500, the only thing that l have not tried is using the ping assist as a ping filter.

dumacap1.png

dumacap2.png

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forum :) It's possible that there aren't any servers in that location but Ping Assist should mitigate that issue. Could you screenshot the Geo-Filter when you're searching for a game? What results do you get, or do you not see servers on the map when you search?

Hey Jack good news, after l have downloaded the new update for black ops 4 l tried looking for a game with filter mode on and it seems that everything is ok now, things to note though that when the game first came out everything was working fine until treyarch patched something and everything went bad. I believe that netduma users that was suffering from "lobby not joinable" error should be fine now like I am, thank you for the support netduma team, l believe we are in good hands in your watch.

Thank you for the reply Fraser, l will leave my settings here just for future reference.

Settings;

xr500 firmware V2.3.2.40
geo-filter- on playstation 4, radius 1000 kms

ping assist- 50

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, jongc said:

Thank you for the reply Fraser, l will leave my settings here just for future reference.

Settings;

xr500 firmware V2.3.2.40
geo-filter- on playstation 4, radius 1000 kms

ping assist- 50

Excellent, super helpful :D I'm glad you got it sorted!

On 1/15/2019 at 5:08 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Welcome to the forum :) It's possible that there aren't any servers in that location but Ping Assist should mitigate that issue. Could you screenshot the Geo-Filter when you're searching for a game? What results do you get, or do you not see servers on the map when you search?

Hey jack, l have tried looking for a game without ping assist and l have the pictures for you below, just note that l can find games now with ping assist thanks to you and the netduma team, this is just for information that you seek and maybe we can make it work with ping assist. :)

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That looks good, if its taking awhile to get a game I would move your location down a bit to encompass more of the servers.

Hey Fraser, l just posted that information for Jack, everything is working for me now with ping assist, thank you for the advice and reply.

• Netduma Staff
On 1/17/2019 at 10:32 PM, jongc said:

Hey Fraser, l just posted that information for Jack, everything is working for me now with ping assist, thank you for the advice and reply.

Nice one :D let us know if there's anything else you need, but most of all enjoy your gaming!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello netduma team, if it's no trouble then can you please check this server location, l believe it's the seattle server because l did a couple experiment using just the geo-filter w/o the ping assist and it always brings me to this server which l will provide with a picture below, it gets me in to this server but of course l get kicked out because it's not in my radius so the router is doing it's job properly but maybe the server location is wrong, it makes me think that is to why l am getting the 'lobby not joinable' error, thank you in advance!

duma6.png