BO4 Port Forwarding

Stealth_01

Just now, Stealth_01 said:

Seems like this is for xbox live? or am i mistaken.

Im currently on ps4.

No for both consoles. Upnp does the same thing. Just use that. I tried port forwarding for a bit on ps4. and felt like it was better play. But, it eventually went back to playing inconsistent. Game will always be that way if nothing has changed by now. 

Just now, purpleandgold33 said:

No for both consoles. Upnp does the same thing. Just use that. I tried port forwarding for a bit on ps4. and felt like it was better play. But, it eventually went back to playing inconsistent. Game will always be that way if nothing has changed by now. 

Good to know.

I have difficulty getting an Open NAT using uPNP, and for some reason placing the ps4 in DMZ doesnt help at all so I thought id try port forwarding and see how it goes.

How about port 3074 UDP? im pretty sure thats required also? 

Just gonna have to test and see if it does the job.

4 minutes ago, Stealth_01 said:

Good to know.

I have difficulty getting an Open NAT using uPNP, and for some reason placing the ps4 in DMZ doesnt help at all so I thought id try port forwarding and see how it goes.

How about port 3074 UDP? im pretty sure thats required also? 

Just gonna have to test and see if it does the job.

Go here and enter these https://portforward.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-iiii/. Didn't realize you were having problems with NAT

• Administrators

If the DMZ doesn't work, I don't have much faith that port forwarding will considering DMZ basically forwards all the ports to that device. The in game reading can be spotty so disable the Geo-Filter before boot up, if it's open great just use the filter normally from then on and you know its open even if it says otherwise. If its still not open then either it's just not reading correctly if console has an open NAT or theres some sort of conflict upstream perhaps with your ISP hub

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to disable a port forward rule without deleting the entire rule, like there was on the old os? go back and forth between upnp and port forwarding and dont want to have to enter the rules everytime i have moderate nat on cod.

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, rusty_b said:

is there a way to disable a port forward rule without deleting the entire rule, like there was on the old os? go back and forth between upnp and port forwarding and dont want to have to enter the rules everytime i have moderate nat on cod.

I don't believe there's a way currently. We have plans to improve port forwarding in the future so watch that space :)

• 2 weeks later...