Netduma R1 Resetting Router for BO4

Jdennis1014

I have been playing BO4 online for months with no online issues. For the past week everything I log into BO4. And check my connection, I have a moderate connection. I unplug my router and plug it back and restart BO4 I have a open connection. Can someone tell me why this is happening. 

• Administrators

The more reliable reading is your console's network test. If that shows as an Open NAT, and you have no problem chatting to friends / other players, then just ignore the in-game reading.

It’s just weird. I’m a solo player. So I don’t talk to anyone. I have notice when my connection is moderate I have really bad hit detection and the game feels sluggish. When I reset the router and see that open Nat my game play is a whole lot better. I have tried closing BO4 and and retesting but still have the moderate connection. The only way to get that open nat is by rebooting my R1.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

My setup is the R1 connected to a xfinity modem-router in bridge mode. Now when I test my speed on my PS4 Pro. I’m getting low speed numbers. Smh.....

Download speed 38.6

Upload speed 2.0

Console speed tests are renown for being inaccurate, but your testing conditions for full speeds are also probably not in place. To find out if you're receiving your full speeds you'd need to disable QoS or set Anti-Bufferbloat to 100 (with Always mode enabled) and run your test on a wired PC.

Have you got your R1 in the DMZ of your Xfinity?

15 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

My setup is the R1 connected to a xfinity modem-router in bridge mode. Now when I test my speed on my PS4 Pro. I’m getting low speed numbers. Smh.....

Download speed 38.6

Upload speed 2.0

I wouldn't necessarily link poor speeds to NAT issues

Have you got upnp turned on ? Are ports opened and pointing to your console (you should see 9308 and 3074) with BO4 running?

If no upnp are you port forwarding

R1 in the DMZ is a good tip

No UPNP is not on, and no to port forwarding. I was told these steps are not nessasary. All I had to don was put my modem /router in bridge mode and add my console to the netduma and be good to go. I have not mess with no other setting in the R1 

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

What information from the R1 do I need to put in the DMZ of your Xfinity?

Yeh don't worry too much - you've got the right idea in keeping everything as simple as possible. That's usually how you get your network flowing well :D

DMZ could help in this case so I'll talk you through it. Go to System Information on DumaOS and find your WAN IP. That's all you need, so copy that. Then go to your Modem interface, and paste your WAN IP into the DMZ section. Usually that can be found in security or firewall settings on a Modem.

I hope this helps :)