Kontactz

Destiny 2 Asian servers help PS4

Hello, i was informed by a friend that they used the netduma to only play with people over in Asia for Competitive to make it easier as they have a larger playerbase as well from what i have heard.

i had tried to matchmake with the Destiny profile settings but even though i see the players being scanned, i rarely ever matchmake with them.

i dont care about ping or connection when i play comp so if there is anyone that can help me adjust my settings to play with people in asia only i would appreciate it. 

thank you for your time

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Where are you from? May be harder to force games depending on your distance. What you need to do though in order to force is:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Delete device from Geo-Filter
  3. Set your radius over Asia with strict on to start with
  4. Add device to Geo-Filter
  5. Wait 2 minutes
  6. Boot up console and game and search
  7. If encounter disconnects/finding it hard to get a game then disable strict mode

If it doesn't work then it's likely they won't match you with players over a certain ping

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Where are you from? May be harder to force games depending on your distance. What you need to do though in order to force is:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Delete device from Geo-Filter
  3. Set your radius over Asia with strict on to start with
  4. Add device to Geo-Filter
  5. Wait 2 minutes
  6. Boot up console and game and search
  7. If encounter disconnects/finding it hard to get a game then disable strict mode

If it doesn't work then it's likely they won't match you with players over a certain ping

USA west coast in California.

I had read that strict on does not work with Destiny 2 however? unless this has been fixed.

and regarding ping my ping assist is off or at 0, would adjusting this help?

It's not a fix needed for Destiny and Strict Mode - it's just the way their game is networked. If you have Strict Mode enabled, it can cause problems, so best to disable this (just for Destiny)

Ping Assist will allow connections outside your filter range to connect to you if their ping is below your limit. This can be good at finding low ping games quickly. This guide explains more:  http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

4 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

It's not a fix needed for Destiny and Strict Mode - it's just the way their game is networked. If you have Strict Mode enabled, it can cause problems, so best to disable this (just for Destiny)

Ping Assist will allow connections outside your filter range to connect to you if their ping is below your limit. This can be good at finding low ping games quickly. This guide explains more:  http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

Ok, so is there a way i can play with people in Asia only/mostly then without strict mode on destiny 2 reliably? is there a server there that people connect to that i can find?

They likely do have servers in that location but I don't know where they'd be since they don't show all the servers on the map only when it tries to connect you. I advised strict on to start with to see if it is possible to matchmake over there and also to ensure the game thinks that's where you're located. Then you can use strict mode off and it should connect you to a server in that region and players within your radius.

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They likely do have servers in that location but I don't know where they'd be since they don't show all the servers on the map only when it tries to connect you. I advised strict on to start with to see if it is possible to matchmake over there and also to ensure the game thinks that's where you're located. Then you can use strict mode off and it should connect you to a server in that region and players within your radius.

Ok, so basically turn on strict mode, once i am in a match turn it off, and repeat every time i matchmake correct?