Some basic setting direction/understanding

Dmaune

• Administrators

Yeah leave good put enabled, adds packet headers that speed tests usually don't include so it will give you more accurate speed test results.

Take a look at this guide for optimal settings: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah leave good put enabled, adds packet headers that speed tests usually don't include so it will give you more accurate speed test results.

Take a look at this guide for optimal settings: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Should I leave goodput enabled even when in game?

Those "how tos" don't cover the network settings.  I'll leave them set to default but if there are optimal settings for Destiny 2 I'd love to hear them.  

• Administrators

Yes just leave it enabled constantly, it won't cause your connection any harm. Theres no real optimal settings for those really. If you have an open NAT then no need to mess with Port Forwarding. Perhaps one thing I'd suggest is disabling IPv6 on LAN and WAN

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes just leave it enabled constantly, it won't cause your connection any harm. Theres no real optimal settings for those really. If you have an open NAT then no need to mess with Port Forwarding. Perhaps one thing I'd suggest is disabling IPv6 on LAN and WAN

If I'm not mistaken IPV6 is already disabled on both but I'll make sure tonight.  

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So no suggestions on LAN DHCP and UPnP settings or WAN DHCP, STATIC OR PPPOE?

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, Dmaune said:

So no suggestions on LAN DHCP and UPnP settings or WAN DHCP, STATIC OR PPPOE?

You don't need to get too sweaty with it Dmaune! As a rule of thumb, if something ain't broken don't try to fix it - especially with your network. You can't just go into those settings and tweak them every now and again; if you needed to change anything in there, you'd know by now.

PPPoE is only for specific modems. Setting static IP addresses (and using DHCP to assign IP addresses) is useful if a device loses Internet access and you've tried every other solution. UPnP is best left on, since it'll automatically forward ports you need for your game (rather than using Port Forwarding). :)

• 2 weeks later...