VPN services

Looking into a vpn service for gaming.  Have the xr700 and cm1000. My Xbox latency through Xbox is between 50-74.  Suppose to have 500 down and 30 up. I get above one both. Went I’ve done every thing I can to help with lag on bo4. Looking into better alternatives. Looking up vpn servers I have one that is 180km from me (expressvpn). Has anyone tried a vpn on bo4? If so what was your experiences? 

• Administrators

No VPN will improve your gaming - not only are servers often congested because you are sharing them with others, but you are also now routing your connection through a VPN server instead of direct to the Internet, which will always make you laggier. So highly recommend you do not route your gaming traffic through a VPN if your aim is to improve your ping.

Best thing to do for lag is setup your XR700 optimally: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

By gaming VPN you might be looking for something like WTFast or Kill Ping (WAN optimisation services). No idea if they're effective or not, but you can obviously try them out.

I’ve tried the optimization, tried namebench and dns bench, every other thing I could try.  Different packages of from my isp. Did a Mtu optimization through cams prompt. 1400 +20+8 best I could get with out fragmented files.

Yes I’m referencing to what Xbox says.  I know I’m connection to Xbox server and may be off but should not be terrible off.  My base ping is 31ms just checked it. My cable company only runs 16 down channels and 3 up. I have 2-3 ft Vandesail cat 8 cable 26awg. Only thing on my cable line is my modem no tv. If I ping yahoo.com  39-40  with a ttl of 51. ping google 26-27 Ttl of 55.

• Administrators

That's just the connection to an authentication server, it has absolutely no bearing on what your game experience will be like. For games you just need to focus on the game ping as shown by the Geo-Filter as thats what you can control