Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 1/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Give your game a restart if you're getting P2P a lot and see how it plays out after that. Might have just been a one-off getting that many P2P

im getting just p2p even though i put my geofilter directly over the server in germany. one game im on a dedi and the next few hours just peer. so tried other locations like italian and french servers. the best for me was the french server, most stabile and less lag. but the same like with the other servers 1 or 2 games on a dedi than peer connections for hours. i guess treyarch is using most of the servers for blackout and they dont care for multiplayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t expect they have a problem with server provision - how are you telling between a server and P2P? On the Geo-Filter servers often show as peers because we don’t have them all categorised yet. It’s just a visual difference so doesn’t affect performance. 

Easiesr way to check if you’re on a server in BO4 is to go to the Network option within the game itself. It will show a sequence of unique letters and numbers for the host of the game you are on. If it ends in the letter e then you’re on a server 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

I don’t expect they have a problem with server provision - how are you telling between a server and P2P? On the Geo-Filter servers often show as peers because we don’t have them all categorised yet. It’s just a visual difference so doesn’t affect performance. 

Easiesr way to check if you’re on a server in BO4 is to go to the Network option within the game itself. It will show a sequence of unique letters and numbers for the host of the game you are on. If it ends in the letter e then you’re on a server 

i know that with the "e" at the end but its unfortunately the true. there is no "e" when im playing multiplayer or very rare. 90% of the matches are shown as peer. i have word.doc full of screenshot with id´s of these peer connections. do you have an emailadress so that i can send you the file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

i know that with the "e" at the end but its unfortunately the true. there is no "e" when im playing multiplayer or very rare. 90% of the matches are shown as peer. i have word.doc full of screenshot with id´s of these peer connections. do you have an emailadress so that i can send you the file?

We do have an email address ([email protected]) but I wouldn't recommend sending that particular file. The in-game ID's can't really be utilised by us in an effective way (i.e we couldn't take those in-game ID's and link them to our own ID database, we wouldn't be able to find out which server is which).

I'm guessing you've flushed your cloud and you're on DumaOS on the latest version? Maybe it's to do with the game detecting low line quality or something as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

We do have an email address ([email protected]) but I wouldn't recommend sending that particular file. The in-game ID's can't really be utilised by us in an effective way (i.e we couldn't take those in-game ID's and link them to our own ID database, we wouldn't be able to find out which server is which).

I'm guessing you've flushed your cloud and you're on DumaOS on the latest version? Maybe it's to do with the game detecting low line quality or something as well.

yeah ím flushing the cloud every time before i turn on the ps4 and im on dumaos latest version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

yeah ím flushing the cloud every time before i turn on the ps4 and im on dumaos latest version.

People have mentioned before that in game if it shows your bandwidth as being less than 4000kbps you get more P2P. I don't know if there is anything to this or why it'd be correct but do you have less than 4000kbps showing in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

People have mentioned before that in game if it shows your bandwidth as being less than 4000kbps you get more P2P. I don't know if there is anything to this or why it'd be correct but do you have less than 4000kbps showing in game?

thats a placebo. sometimes i have more than 4000kbps than less but it makes no difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

thats a placebo. sometimes i have more than 4000kbps than less but it makes no difference

It could be a placebo, aye. I believe there are parameters CoD uses to dictate who connects to who but it's a difficult thing to prove. Ultimately there's no reason why you should be getting less servers than anyone else. Every DumaOS user is on the same cloud version now and nobody else is reporting issues connecting to servers, but then not everyone is looking as closely as you were :L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Netduma Jack said:

It could be a placebo, aye. I believe there are parameters CoD uses to dictate who connects to who but it's a difficult thing to prove. Ultimately there's no reason why you should be getting less servers than anyone else. Every DumaOS user is on the same cloud version now and nobody else is reporting issues connecting to servers, but then not everyone is looking as closely as you were :L

i know what u mean jack, but i see on my laptop before the round even starts that it says peer. maybe in the beginning when i turn on the ps4 i get a dedi but soon as i change the lobby its a peer. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JOE1305 said:

i know what u mean jack, but i see on my laptop before the round even starts that it says peer. maybe in the beginning when i turn on the ps4 i get a dedi but soon as i change the lobby its a peer. :(

The way BO4 is coded now is causing similar problems for others too. Since the game runs a vital network check at the start before you get into the game, it'll put you on a great lobby at first but then your situation could change. There are folks who reload the game every time to get a dedicated server easily at the start.

CoD used to run that same network check every time you search for a game. No idea why they'd want to change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

The way BO4 is coded now is causing similar problems for others too. Since the game runs a vital network check at the start before you get into the game, it'll put you on a great lobby at first but then your situation could change. There are folks who reload the game every time to get a dedicated server easily at the start.

CoD used to run that same network check every time you search for a game. No idea why they'd want to change that.

just idiots...no other words needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×