P2P on bo4

No not had an update and maybe you are right it’s just every game I get in it’s not a dedicated but I only go by we’re it says temp ban 

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Was there a game update today? Are you certain it's P2P and not dedicated? May be they've added some new servers we haven't classified yet.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

I have already signed up to that and not had nothing back 

Ok - I have just messaged you the email that you should have received. Please follow the instructions in this message.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide the domain for one of the games you're playing please

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide the domain for one of the games you're playing please

I will send you one when I get back in Fraser 

• Administrators

P2P means peer to peer. Basically the game relies on connections between players or to one player who acts as the host for the game connection rather than everyone connecting to one dedicated server.

DumaOS usually tells you whether it's dedicated or a peer but sometimes it can be misclassified. If you're not sure look at the domain name, if it has something like aws, azure, choopa etc then it's dedicated. If you're not sure you can use the IP address in the domain name and look it up online. If its an ISP like cox, virgin etc then it'll be peer.

1 hour ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Thanks faser any idea why there is so many peers nightmare to play on

You can easily and reliably find out if you're on a dedicated server through the game.

In the pre-game or post-game lobby (see attached screenshot), there's a server number in the top right corner of the screen.
To check whilst you're actually in a match you either have to bring up the scoreboard or go to Options > Network in the 'pause' menu (I can't remember which it is), again the number will be in the corner of the screen.

If it's a dedicated server then it will have an 'E' at the end. If it doesn't have the 'E' then it's P2P.
It's been like this in at least the last few CoD games.

On Xbox I can get dedicated servers on the old 1.03.6 firmware with 99.9% success. Obviously there's the odd server meltdown which means a random P2P game once a week I suppose. But I can't get any dedis on DumaOS. Seems to be ok for people on Playstation just not on Xbox.

server-E.PNG

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No specific reason that I can think of, some users have found that having your bandwidth throttled too much can cause it but I don't know how much truth there is in that. Do you have your QoS severely throttling?

No not touched it other than at 70% up and down 

13 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

You can easily and reliably find out if you're on a dedicated server through the game.

In the pre-game or post-game lobby (see attached screenshot), there's a server number in the top right corner of the screen.
To check whilst you're actually in a match you either have to bring up the scoreboard or go to Options > Network in the 'pause' menu (I can't remember which it is), again the number will be in the corner of the screen.

If it's a dedicated server then it will have an 'E' at the end. If it doesn't have the 'E' then it's P2P.
It's been like this in at least the last few CoD games.

On Xbox I can get dedicated servers on the old 1.03.6 firmware with 99.9% success. Obviously there's the odd server meltdown which means a random P2P game once a week I suppose. But I can't get any dedis on DumaOS. Seems to be ok for people on Playstation just not on Xbox.

server-E.PNG

Cheers colonic and nice ratio by the way