Device Manager NOT Working

Device Manager on my xr500 is not working showing laptop is connected to LAN when its on wifi showing XBOX is offline even though it's using geo-filter the 5.0 wifi just doesn't show up at all. Can probably reset it bu t who wants to keep resetting the router.

Im also having this same issue and hopefully is the cause of other issues im having that seem to pop up after the Device Manager starts getting wonky.. Netduma should be aware of this issue by now as more seem to be reporting about this.. The only thing that cleared it up for me was a factory reset.. But just a warning.. Don't be surprised if the issue starts again.. We will have to wait and see if Netduma comes up with a fix or solution.. Good luck!

Zippy..

Did a factory reset, the Duma recognized the XBOX when I plugged it in but says it is plugged into port 4. There is nothing in 4 its in 1, led on the router is 1. Is this an issue? Have had two days of screwing with this router that supposedly is a PnP. 

image.thumb.png.38147eec9885f41aa58f34c463d810da.png

That is an issue but that hopefully is only a cosmetic issue.. Meaning it shouldn't impact in a performance way.. Its when things start to go wrong in the Device Manager that we want to pay attention too.. And also pay attention to UPnP.. That seems to get effected as well.. One thing I noticed is when this starts to happen things start to hang up in Device Manager.. Then the next thing is devices start to show offline when online or wired devices start show wifi connected when wired.. For me when this all took place my gaming experience was also impacted.. so that's what brought this to my attention.. Since this seems to be an early type issue and still is evolving I cant say for sure what you have stated either is or isn't the cause. It very likely could be and that maybe what causes the Device Manager to go wonky.. Also Network Monitor wont show the device correctly or at all.. So as of right now we need to see what Netduma says or comes up with.. Again not to confuse yourself or anyone else im only sharing what has occurred with me.. Im hoping the issue is also the cause off other issues ive mentioned and not multiple issues in themselves.. My XR500 hasn't been a real treat to own thus far..

22 minutes ago, Chf Wiggum said:

Ok and now the geo filter does not work, think I am about done with this router. Software seems to have a lot of bugs

From my experiences also the GeoFilter does seem to also become effected/ less functional... 

• Administrators

Can you please both give us more information about the devices you have connected and how they are connected (e:g. Wireless, wired or both). Also it’s hard to know what the issue is - is the main problem that online devices are appearing as offline? Or is it something else. 

As for the Geo-Filter not working - 99.9% of the time this is just a misconfiguration on your end which we can help you fix. Make sure you have added the correct device at the top. If you have connected it to your router both wirelessly and wired then it appears as two devices (as each network adapter has a different MAC address). 

Given you recently factory reset I think it’s more likely that you have not set it up correctly. Please follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

I have one Ethernet cord that runs to my Xbox I inter change this to the CPU for original setup and my VOIP phone during the day when I am working. My laptop is on wireless outside of this. I understand that it creates two devices with different MAC addresses. When my XBOX is connected in the LAN it shows offline. The network monitor shows no activity coming from the xbox at all. When I go into the table it s I actually just posted a new thread. With all the problems I am having with the router.  I have had an R1 for probably 7-8 years and I am aware on how to add devices and work the geo filter. I must be the .1% 

image.thumb.png.241ee6e62420341239859e60b541402f.png

This laptop is the CPU I am on right now. I also just connected my xboxone wireless and still showing offline. My VOIP is in port 1 LAN and is showing offline. 

i'm sure if you click on the xboxone icon it will show it has an ip address if its connected wifi but not showing

theres some bugs in the device manager

yes wifi should have its own mac, yes ethernet card should have its own mac

but if device does use the same mac for both - device manager isn't working right

i posted many scenarios i'm sure they are testing to figure out a fix

happens especially with APs with ethernet backhaul (since you connect to the AP wirelessly, but AP is connected to LAN ethernet)

if device connects to wifi 1st, it shows, if device then connects to AP (which is wifi, but connected to LAN) device does not shift to LAN or may drop offline and report as offline even tho it has an ip when clicked on

if device connects to AP 1st, it shows on LAN, but if device shifts to router wifi, or another AP's wifi, it will stay stuck ONLINE on lan tree, even when offline

hell breaks loose with QOS..

they will figure it out.

quick way to get it back online, turn xbox off, once ip disappears (wait a little bit), then you'll be able to delete the device, turn xbox on, it will come on wifi side.

not a fix, but will work.   will go back to funky state again eventually

Same issue here.  In the screenshot attached there is no LAN interface anymore within the Device Manager and I have several devices both wired and wireless that all show offline now even though they are connected and online.  For instance Junior-PC, Noah-PC, Nicholas-PC, WETMOG-PC are all wired devices that appear offline, and then I have wireless devices that are actively connected such as MC0XMYMC, Epson Printer, WETMOG-PHONE that appear in the offline group.

image.thumb.png.d5ce1cd65905d1bf9f6b5f1202a59301.png

• Administrators

To answer your original concerns:

• If the router cannot determine how a device is connected it will default to saying it's connected via LAN, doesn't happen very often
  • If a device is shown as offline it means there isn't any data passing through the device at that time, it may be connected to the router but it doesn't mean that its doing anything
  • The device manager port table may be slightly off if you have one of the routers where the ports on the hardware itself were mislabeled, the Device Manager is reporting it correctly but as the router hardware has been mislabeled it appears incorrect. It's just aesthetic and has no impact on performance
  • WiFi devices if you have smart connect enabled will connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz depending on their needs so the Device Manager will reflect whichever one its on at the time

Hope that helps.

First there is NO LAN at all at the moment (see above) and If there is no data how i'm I typing right now and its not showing at all? 

When I am playing XBOX online it says its offline. I'm sorry this simply is not correct and is not helpful at all. 

device manager port table may be slightly off if you have one of the routers where the ports on the hardware itself were mislabeled??

What does this mean? What do you mean by one of the routers? I have a modem plugged into the internet port and an ethernet cord plugged into port 1 

Smart connect is disabled because my wifes pc was getting 25Mbps on a 300 service 5.0 was way faster. 

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

To answer your original concerns:

• If the router cannot determine how a device is connected it will default to saying it's connected via LAN, doesn't happen very often
  • If a device is shown as offline it means there isn't any data passing through the device at that time, it may be connected to the router but it doesn't mean that its doing anything
  • The device manager port table may be slightly off if you have one of the routers where the ports on the hardware itself were mislabeled, the Device Manager is reporting it correctly but as the router hardware has been mislabeled it appears incorrect. It's just aesthetic and has no impact on performance
  • WiFi devices if you have smart connect enabled will connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz depending on their needs so the Device Manager will reflect whichever one its on at the time

Hope that helps.

I'm actively connected and playing a game on the device labeled wetmog-pc, shows as offline

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Chf Wiggum said:

First there is NO LAN at all at the moment (see above) and If there is no data how i'm I typing right now and its not showing at all? 

When I am playing XBOX online it says its offline. I'm sorry this simply is not correct and is not helpful at all. 

device manager port table may be slightly off if you have one of the routers where the ports on the hardware itself were mislabeled??

What does this mean? What do you mean by one of the routers? I have a modem plugged into the internet port and an ethernet cord plugged into port 1 

Smart connect is disabled because my wifes pc was getting 25Mbps on a 300 service 5.0 was way faster. 

I am just stating what the expected behaviour should be and to see if it lined up with what you were experiencing, you didn't mention explicitly in all cases that devices where being active. 

Some early XR500 routers that were manufactured had their ports mislabeled/positioned on the hardware itself why is likely why you're seeing an inconsistency between what the hardware and software is showing. 

I posted in your other topic about the slow WiFi.

Did you see any of these issues on the previous firmware or are these new issues since the upgrade?

1 hour ago, wetmog said:

I'm actively connected and playing a game on the device labeled wetmog-pc, shows as offline

Are you using a switch or AP router behind the XR500? 

Same question to you also Wiggum

I think I fixed the device manager issue by unplugging everything > Power cycling the HUB which gave me a new WAN IP address  > attaching the router and powering it up again. It seems to be back on real time as I connect and disconnect devices. I will let you know if this changes, may have screwed things up by factory restarting the router and having it connected to the HUB or something.

Guest Killhippie
On 1/8/2019 at 8:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I am just stating what the expected behaviour should be and to see if it lined up with what you were experiencing, you didn't mention explicitly in all cases that devices where being active. 

Some early XR500 routers that were manufactured had their ports mislabeled/positioned on the hardware itself why is likely why you're seeing an inconsistency between what the hardware and software is showing. 

I posted in your other topic about the slow WiFi.

Did you see any of these issues on the previous firmware or are these new issues since the upgrade?

Are you using a switch or AP router behind the XR500? 

Same question to you also Wiggum

Fraser I mentioned this to admin, I have the later revision with ports labelled the right way round, my iMac shows connected to Ethernet port 1 (which it is) both in Netgears connection statistics and via the LED. in DumaOS table view its connected to port 4.

24hrs later I am on the XBOX and same issue it is showing the XBOX offline, 

Also the PC is not showing on the device manager. So it's on multiple devices again not showing as being an active device. Being that it is not active the network monitor cannot be working as it is showing no data flowing to these offline devices. I believe the OS software has some issues.