Server Doesn’t Want to be Banned?!

Apparently this one server loves me so much it doesn’t want to “stay” banned?! Lol 😂. I’ve banned it “in game” which of course kicks me out so I know it works. I’ve also waited till the match was over so I didn’t get kicked. For the most part it’ll put me on a different server temporarily but sure enough, in a game or two, I’m right back on it! I’ve even banned it & immediately back on it in the next game? Weird? I feel haunted! Lol 

• Administrators

Hi there - which firmware are you on? The original R1 firmware or have you upgraded to DumaOS?

Either way, there’s a 1-2 minute time out after denying a server after you have disconnected it to prevent you from using it for cheating (e.g. imagine you were the host, you could start denying other players in your game to boot them from the game)  

8 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi there - which firmware are you on? The original R1 firmware or have you upgraded to DumaOS?

Either way, there’s a 1-2 minute time out after denying a server after you have disconnected it to prevent you from using it for cheating (e.g. imagine you were the host, you could start denying other players in your game to boot them from the game)  

On original firmware. When I ban it, if I leave that lobby & wait for a few minutes & join another lobby, it shouldn’t connect me to that server again, correct? How long will it stay banned for? I ask because even after I ban it, it’ll connect me to the server again, sometimes in the very next round or maybe within the next few rounds. I don’t want to have to change home locations to alleviate the problem. 

• Administrators

Understood - on the old firmware you can only Temp Ban a server so it should prevent you from joining the lobby again.

On DumaOS we changed it to a permanent ban as we realised that people preferred this.