Optimal DumaOS Settings

• Netduma Admin featured and pinned this topic
  • 2 years later...
  • Administrators
50 minutes ago, khaled12345 said:

i want to priotise traffic to call of duty cold war on pc. what do i put in source port and distination port 

I'd recommend you just select the Games Console service for the moment and see how that works for you. If you want to try that later you can, source ports will be 1-65535 and destination will be the ones listed online as the ports the game needs.

• 1 year later...

Quick question about geo fence (wz2) 

I live in CA(west) i locked CA out of geo fence so it will force to find severs central or east( my teammates live out of the states so they can have better ping, how ever since wz2 came out, i will look for a game find (ca server) reject the game but automatically restart the search with 20 ping N keep finding servers in the west making a loop hole

Before wz1 it will reject but the ping  will increase and eventually find servers in (east? 

unknown.png

2 hours ago, patrick10 said:

Quick question about geo fence (wz2) 

I live in CA(west) i locked CA out of geo fence so it will force to find severs central or east( my teammates live out of the states so they can have better ping, how ever since wz2 came out, i will look for a game find (ca server) reject the game but automatically restart the search with 20 ping N keep finding servers in the west making a loop hole

Before wz1 it will reject but the ping  will increase and eventually find servers in (east? 

That's odd, do you still have the same issue if you use Radius mode instead of Polygon mode? You can just set the radius to be over central US as a test.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
38 minutes ago, Ivanbad said:

Failed rapp when using QOS is getting very tiresome.  I reboot and i set rapp from 3 to 5 .

This last week it's just nonstop. 

What router and firmware version are you on? It's become a much less frequent issue and don't see it reported much now

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What router and firmware version are you on? It's become a much less frequent issue and don't see it reported much now

XR1000.

.64 i believe.  The stock one. 

The other issue is QOS Alway doesn't hold all the time.  It often releases the cap speeds when i test sliders more than twice 

I have to toggle between Always/auto or never, and what also seems to help is i have to reset/update both up/down on BA.

Hi. No Armor. On phone so no pic.

My isp is 1000/150.

I set my speeds based on setup wizard readings which almost always hits about 939/161.

I start with Always at 100%.  I follow the drop by 10% rule when trying bufferbloat.  As mentioned, after 2 slides i usually get rapp errors and bandwith is not being capped by QOS.

I have to toggle a few times to get it to re engage.

Another thing is when doing waveform i will notice my download will hold in the A+ target(5ms or lower) for almost the whole test, then spike last minute .

It takes several more resets before it works proper

Hi. Sorry, I'm replying on my phone so i couldn't add a pic .  I use a laptop when usung the software

Funny enough yesterday no probs at all. I didn't do anything.  No reboots. Nada.  It just decided to work fine all nite.  No rapp errors and QOS worked in every scenario.

Totally weird and coincidental seeing as the last 10 days approx have been the complete opposite

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Ivanbad said:

Hi. Sorry, I'm replying on my phone so i couldn't add a pic .  I use a laptop when usung the software

Funny enough yesterday no probs at all. I didn't do anything.  No reboots. Nada.  It just decided to work fine all nite.  No rapp errors and QOS worked in every scenario.

Totally weird and coincidental seeing as the last 10 days approx have been the complete opposite

Very strange but glad to hear it's working again, do let us know if it happens again!