New XR700 Firmware Version v1.0.1.8

and just for your information, creating static ip's does not fix the issue, whatever is going on with the router or duma operating system has got some major bugs in it just like my previous post with the screenshots in it also I tried routerlogin.net/ and it does the same issue.

I've tried All, and I mean ALL different browsers AND a different computer and it does this same issue. And for you will see that Chrome is in the screen shots and Microsoft Edge. Like I said, if I reboot the router it fixes the issue till it re-occurs again. This issue will occur in ANY Browser or ANY Computer. Like i've said before, this latest update there is an issue with the Firmware or the router itself, I'm an Advance User when it comes to Networking and Computers. If you want me to I have the Log file to where I can send it to you all to look at after I rebooted it.  I've even tried clearing ALL the Cache as well.

Yep, I've done a Factory Reset like 3 different times Also, another thing to point out, is with HyperrVPN, I have a 150 Down 10 Meg Upstream, and one thing I have notice since in the past I use to have an Asus ROG GT-AC5300 Router before I got rid of it because of the issues with the Firmware in the past, I've noticed that the Downstream speed cap at 20 mb a sec on XR700 using TCP or UDP and trying any of purevpn's servers out with, Now I know that when using a VPN Connection that the encryption mechanism will impact the Downstream and up speeds, what I find kinda funny is that with the Asus ROG GT-AC5300 Router I would get At Least 100+ downstream, the upstream portion is correct since i've ran the test I get like 8.6 or so on the upload speed. Like I said I don't know if there is ANY type of particular issues but something is definitely not right with this firmware. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 and I am hardwired connected to this router which should not be any issue. I really wish you all had partnered with Asus, I know sus has their AsusWRT FIrmware, but I think the DumaOS would have Kickeda** on their router,😉😉😉

• Administrators

Is there any specific time where you notice the interface is inaccessible such as after a large download or changing a setting? That VPN speed on the router is expected so no issues in that regard. I think we'll look to see if we can increase the speed but as the Hybrid system enables you to apply it to specific services in most cases it shouldn't be too much of an issue

yea, I'll only have it enable only for 1 PC with no downloads or uploads a going as far as the HybridVPN is concerned, now so far since the last time i've rebooted the router it hasn't done what it was doing which is odd😕 gotta see if it does it again though, i know that when this issue occurs, it kills all wifi completely in the house since this is the only router I have going and where I live is in a house far away from anytype of interference. I tell ya this whole thing has got me puzzled completely😕😩😩😩

4 hours ago, TheWraith said:

I really wish you all had partnered with Asus, I know sus has their AsusWRT FIrmware, but I think the DumaOS would have Kickeda** on their router,😉😉😉

I almost fell on the floor when I read this. I am so happy that they went with Netgear their routers have been very reliable over the years. I have had both brands Asus and Netgear. The only time Asus beat Netgear in range was when they got in trouble for going over the power limit that is required by FCC for wireless. Also as a company it took them forever to release new firmware it took someone else to solve their issue before they would fix the thing.

3 hours ago, Xalint1 said:

I almost fell on the floor when I read this. I am so happy that they went with Netgear their routers have been very reliable over the years. I have had both brands Asus and Netgear. The only time Asus beat Netgear in range was when they got in trouble for going over the power limit that is required by FCC for wireless. Also as a company it took them forever to release new firmware it took someone else to solve their issue before they would fix the thing.

Just to be fair ASUS makes good products as well.. And so does Netgear.. But neither of those two can make decent firmware.. Third party firmware is what saves both of them..

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm assuming the VOIP phone is marked correctly in device manager? Disable DumaOS Classified Games and then add the console manually. Does that resolve the issue? Also have you port forwarded the phone?

well I rebooted the router and after just rebooting it, the OBI1032 VOIP phone reconnected back, I have port forwarding enabled for the phone, also have it set with a static IP address

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay let us know how you get on now with it after the above suggestions

Well I guess I spoke to soon, had to power off and power back on the router due to far as I could get  to being able to log into the router it pulled up the username and password box pulled up in order to log into the router after that it just said waiting with a blank screen like it was doing in my previous screenshots😕😕😕 I disabled QOS or the Anti BufferBloat to see if that's what causing the issue, I go into the log section, and this is all I see when it's disabled:

[DumaOS] Using disabled(NOP) QoS subclass, Monday, February 25, 2019 04:30:16
[DumaOS] Using disabled(NOP) QoS subclass, Monday, February 25, 2019 04:30:15
[DumaOS] Using disabled(NOP) QoS subclass, Monday, February 25, 2019 04:02:26

• Netduma Staff
49 minutes ago, TheWraith said:

Now, Is this suppose to do this when disabled? And It Keeps going and going, And going...😲😲😲

It will be supposed to happen, yes. Pay no attention to the logs - they're intended for developers. There will be very good reason these entries are being made in the logs - if you aren't seeing major issues happening when you're using DumaOS, the log information will be comprised of normal behaviour :)

On 2/25/2019 at 5:28 AM, Netduma Jack said:

It will be supposed to happen, yes. Pay no attention to the logs - they're intended for developers. There will be very good reason these entries are being made in the logs - if you aren't seeing major issues happening when you're using DumaOS, the log information will be comprised of normal behaviour :)

image.thumb.png.1993278254223f43f9ef0c1906e05dce.png

This is the what I'm having to deal with currently on a dailey, and I mean DAILY basis😒😒😒, when it does this it kills the wifi completely this is the screen I get when I try to log into the router just right after I've noticed that my Google Home is telling me that there is a Network Problem.All Wired connections are working perfectly so far, my VOIP OBI1032 is not giving me any error messages.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The screenshot doesn't appear to have loaded correctly. Could you re-upload it please for us to have a look?

Hopefully this one loads up, this is basically what you get when the wireless function on the router stops all together, I can get the username and password box to popup but after that, that's is far as you'll be able to get in the router interface, basically a blank dark red or maroon screen interface.

Image2.jpg

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Still can't see it unfortunately. Log doesn't appear to have any unusual entries. Could you try enabling the guest network, connecting devices to that and seeing if it still occurs please?

I have guest network already enabled, and it even had the same connect issue, the only way to correct the issue is to completely power off the router for about 1 min then power it back on in which it restored the interface completely as well as the wireless portion it restored as well.