selecting host

matt

• Administrators

Hi Matt - could you explain exactly what you mean by 'pick a server'? Do you mean clicking it to ping, or do you mean filtering to force a local server? If that latter, some people have found that some server regions play better for them compared to others. For example, a lot of UK players like to play on the French server. So the great thing about the Geo-Filter is you can move your home location over that preferred server to guarantee you always play on it.

• Administrators

So you're saying if you're playing a game and you don't ping it then it will play much better than if you were in the exact same game/server and were pinging it using the Geo-Filter ping? I don't really see how that is possible as it wouldn't have an affect on your ping at all.

Good luck Matt.... this game is broken. Here is a snap of my ping to the jersey server, and guess what... I still face laggy players. For years COD has been bad, I just haven't found a way to use my xr500 to combat that. But its still a good router, my whole family can browse and surf the web with not interference. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 6.04.00 PM.png

• Administrators
13 hours ago, A1_Boston said:

Good luck Matt.... this game is broken. Here is a snap of my ping to the jersey server, and guess what... I still face laggy players. For years COD has been bad, I just haven't found a way to use my xr500 to combat that. But its still a good router, my whole family can browse and surf the web with not interference. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 6.04.00 PM.png

You might want to try moving your Geo-Filter home to a different server location. Some of the UK guys on here prefer to play on the French server instead of the UK server. The great thing is with the Geo-Filter you have full control.

• Netduma Staff
On 1/10/2019 at 4:07 PM, A1_Boston said:

Thanks admin, I will try that! It makes sense... and to think at the beginning I thought y'all was bluffing... but this device does so much wonder for my house, and I have totally and continue to learn more about Duma! Thanks for the advice! 

Awesome :D welcome to the forum. We're always here if you need a hand, I'd recommend chatting to folks on here or taking a look on our knowledge base / blogs for great tips on using DumaOS!