Hybrid VPN RPC validation error

XR500 V2.3.2.40

When I try to add a service for "Do not VPN these services" to any of the devices I've applied the Hybrid VPN to, I get the error code below. When adding the service, I've tried both the "Basic" and "Advanced" options with both the Source and Destination ports filled out. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to get around it?

RPC error 'ERROR_VALIDATION': Validation failed for 'sport'

• Administrators

From a dev: 

1. What have you added e.g. port numbers, protocol etc?
  2. Could you share a screen shot of the configuration box / copy and paste the config file you are using here

Thanks.

On 1/7/2019 at 5:41 AM, Netduma Admin said:

1. What have you added e.g. port numbers, protocol etc?

I haven't been able to add any ports or protocols to any of the devices I have the Hybrid VPN applied to.

On 1/7/2019 at 5:41 AM, Netduma Admin said:

2. Could you share a screen shot of the configuration box / copy and paste the config file you are using here

Attached config file EDIT: attached the wrong file, correct file attached below

• Administrators

Thanks. Could you take a screenshot of the service(s) you are trying to add as you said you were trying to add it through basic and advanced, so we would like to know the service you were you trying to add? 

16 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks. Could you take a screenshot of the service(s) you are trying to add as you said you were trying to add it through basic and advanced, so we would like to know the service you were you trying to add? 

I'm trying to "Do not VPN these services" for the World of Tanks ports on my computer which has the Hybrid VPN applied to it. I've tried adding them different ways by changing the port ranges and protocols but keep running into the RPC error. I tried the Basic services as well just to see what would happen but they all produce the RPC error as well.

TCP Range 80, 443, 5222.

UDP Range 53, 3432, 3478, 3479, 5060, 5062, 9987, 12000-29999, 30443, and 32800-32900

image.png.a0e6bbdbbb2262ad25e3d9936b5a3d76.pngimage.png.167a9c49407b6de86bcee49c9138794a.pngimage.png.76f6d349c4dd94df3a27b57ad11f6db9.pngimage.png.fc46a3ed7d2f9f60047759ea5a0e2b21.png

• Administrators

You've provided us with the config file to restore the router with, we meant the VPN config file that you're using. 

It sounds like it's got itself into a weird state, do you have any devices added at all (regardless if a service is selected)? If so please delete them all, then just try adding one device and then one basic service, does that work?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You've provided us with the config file to restore the router with, we meant the VPN config file that you're using. 

Woops,😅 here's the VPN config file I'm using

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

do you have any devices added at all (regardless if a service is selected)? If so please delete them all, then just try adding one device and then one basic service, does that work?

Yes, I was able to add several devices without configuring any services on them (Playstation 4, Samsung TV, HD HomeRun Connect 4, etc). I tried removing all of the devices and adding just one (Windows laptop) and applying a basic service (Skype) but still get the RPC error. I tried the same thing with just the PS4 and then again with just the Samsung TV but got the RPC both time, regardless of whether I tried to select a basic or advanced service.

us-tx-03.protonvpn.com.udp.ovpn

I tried that file but the VPN fails to connect. I tried changing the port from 5060 to 80, 443, 4569, and 1194 individually, but the VPN failed to connect in each case. I'm in the process of trying several different VPN config files from my VPN provider to see if using a different one will make a difference. If those don't work, I think I'll try resetting my router.

• 3 weeks later...

After removing all of the VPN configuration information and turning off HybridVPN for several weeks, the issue seems to have resolved itself. I turned HybridVPN back on today and was able to add services (both basic and advanced) without running into the RPC error.