DHCP OPTION 60 61

Hello. 

I would really like to invest in this router but I am on Sky Fibre which requires DHCP OPTION 61 credentials to actually acquire an active IP. 

At this time I run a Vigor 130 modem and Asus RTAC3200 (Merlin Firmware) which runs fine, I do not want to have about 2 routers one in DMZ and all that jazz.

Have the devs had any thought of including this in a non beta firmware from what I've been reading or will it never happen? 

• Administrators

Hi there - I’m actually on Sky Fibre myself. It’s very easy to setup, just had to connect my XR500 to the modem. I also used the DMZ option on the modem - is there a reason you would not want to do this? It’s a very simple solution of preventing double NAT issues given the Sky modem can not be put into modem mode or bridge mode. 

Also - which router were you thinking of getting? The XR500, XR700 or the R1?

1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi there - I’m actually on Sky Fibre myself. It’s very easy to setup, just had to connect my XR500 to the modem. I also used the DMZ option on the modem - is there a reason you would not want to do this? It’s a very simple solution of preventing double NAT issues given the Sky modem can not be put into modem mode or bridge mode. 

Also - which router were you thinking of getting? The XR500, XR700 or the R1?

XR500. I was looking at previous 2018 posts where some Fibre users has beta firmware with that option in. The only reason is I don't like that setup, is because it seems a mess nothing against yourself or other fibre users. I don't see why DHCP 60 or 61 isn't implemented into the current firmware, hence why I want to ditch the Asus router and just have my modem and the XR500 and have that pick up the IP. 

Is it some sort of legal issues because I've read that Sky allow non Sky routers just having some way of implementing DHCP 60 AND 61 into the DumaOS code, I mean is that even possible to put into code and have it in a future release? I would really like the XR500 but just puts me off the fact I can't use it without having basically two routers hooked up using DMZ. 

My setup is Vigor 130 (Bridge mode) - Asus RTAC3200 (Running Merlin, with the DHCP OPTION in gui) no Sky equipment. Hence why I wanted just to use the XR500 if I bought one, it is possible to ditch Sky equipment all together. 

2 hours ago, xr500user said:

hey guy,

xr500 has option 61 in settings, internet options ---  but not 60

I'm sure they can implement 60 too, web interface only allowing 61 though, can probably do 60 manually

image.png.9745515ee43379d58a56cfb93b5241dd.png

Ahhhh sweet that's all I wanted to know. Is in the retail firmware or BETA?