Suggestions on setup

Rosco

Ok, so my carrier wifi box garbage. So I use my R1 for wifi. We all know thats fairly limited as well. So I've got a eeros system coming on Tuesday for wifi. I need a few extra lan ports for smarthings hub, hue hub, etc. 

So can I go Modem > Eeros > R1 > Ps4/hubs? 

What specific changes to the R1 software do I do besides disabling wifi? 

Edit..my network is 150/10 if that matters 

• Administrators

I'd recommend putting the Eros after the R1 if possible as you'll lose the effectiveness of QoS being able to control all devices and disabling it's WiFi. Then I would just leave all other settings as you have them already. If you're going to have consoles behind the Eros though then it would be a good idea to simulate a DMZ by port forwarding 1-65535 to the Eros in the R1.

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd recommend putting the Eros after the R1 if possible as you'll lose the effectiveness of QoS being able to control all devices and disabling it's WiFi. Then I would just leave all other settings as you have them already. If you're going to have consoles behind the Eros though then it would be a good idea to simulate a DMZ by port forwarding 1-65535 to the Eros in the R1.

This seems a bit over my pay grade so we'll go with option 1 lol

• Administrators

Haha it's not too bad, it's also the same option. If the consoles will be connected to the Eros go to port forwarding on the R1 and port forward to the Eros IP (can find in device manager) the ports 1-65535 TCP/UDP that should prevent any NAT issues if consoles aren't connected to R1 directly

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Haha it's not too bad, it's also the same option. If the consoles will be connected to the Eros go to port forwarding on the R1 and port forward to the Eros IP (can find in device manager) the ports 1-65535 TCP/UDP that should prevent any NAT issues if consoles aren't connected to R1 directly

Ok, so kinda split it. Modem > r1 then off that, the eeros, but also the PS4 and hubs? 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Modem > R1 > Eeros is recommended then It's up to you, whatever works best for your setup. If you were to do consoles from the Eeros would do the port forwarding.

Ok so in this situation I run the PS4 off the r1? 

Basically I'm just turning off the wifi in the r1, and adding the PS4 and the eeros to one of the lan ports on the r1?