Future features

I just thought I’d share some future suggestions. I feel that the xr500 is in a pretty decent spot now. I think some future features should include a fully functional mobile app, more access and control over features (ie a table to adjust hierarchy of qos devices, ability to set bandwidth allocation on specific devices while share excess amongst the rest), full ipv6 functionally, r app for speed tests that automatically picks optimum server and adjusts router to be in its fully optimized state for speed test (disable qos/bufferbloat/allocation parameters) without having to change settings on the router manually for every Speedtest (would also remove the issue of people testing over wifi) maybe an r-app that works like ping plotter to test line stability directly from router to ensure people aren’t testing over WiFi, a wifi signal/channel analyzer r-app that shows all the channels being used around you and your optimum WiFi channels to use, and an r-app or window in the geofilter that does both TCP and icmp traceroutes. Thanks for your time and support!

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Durty said:

I just thought I’d share some future suggestions. I feel that the xr500 is in a pretty decent spot now. I think some future features should include a fully functional mobile app, more access and control over features (ie a table to adjust hierarchy of qos devices, ability to set bandwidth allocation on specific devices while share excess amongst the rest), full ipv6 functionally, r app for speed tests that automatically picks optimum server and adjusts router to be in its fully optimized state for speed test (disable qos/bufferbloat/allocation parameters) without having to change settings on the router manually for every Speedtest (would also remove the issue of people testing over wifi) maybe an r-app that works like ping plotter to test line stability directly from router to ensure people aren’t testing over WiFi, a wifi signal/channel analyzer r-app that shows all the channels being used around you and your optimum WiFi channels to use, and an r-app or window in the geofilter that does both TCP and icmp traceroutes. Thanks for your time and support!

These are some fantastic suggestions, thanks for sharing. We plan to blow minds in 2019, there's a lot lined up. I wish I could tell you exactly what's coming, but that'd be telling ;)

I think in 2019 you can expect R-apps to come to the forefront of DumaOS, and the power behind them should become much more apparent. Thanks for the feedback :D

One thing that comes to mind for a suggestion is when selecting device bandwidth in QoS, when adjusting one device to say, 5mbs and another to 20mb for example, it takes the overall percentage from devices ive already set to have a specific amount, and not change the percentage of other devices, i understand the principal behind it, but would be nice to have a variable there for an option to have a "Fixed" selection that doesnt change and if i have a total bandwidth of say 100% (100mbs) for example and i want 5 wifi devices (Kids ipads streaming youtube videos) to have both ipads set to not exceed 2mbs at that time, then when im finished downloading or gaming etc, i can then set them to about 5mbs without it subtracting a percentage from my main important devices  , and a "variable" selection that will change the QoS percentage as needed (like what it does now). Then if the "Fixed" option is selected, and only 7 devices out of 20 have a bandwidth allocation and the others still have a 0.00mbs or 0%, i can then divide the remaining 13 devices to have 0.50mbs of bandwidth, whilst the 7 important ones can be allocated a higher amount that doesnt affect the others. 

i Spend ages tinkering with percentages, then when i change one device, it changes every devices percentages to accommodate the new change, which can be frustrating at times. Especially when ya like where it currently is and need to make an adjustment to one device that might need a touch more bandwidth.

Hope that makes sense, it did im my head haha, but i believe my description has made it more difficult to understand what im trying to say haha. 

• Administrators

Hi Andy - it does make sense and this is something we are looking to do very soon - thank you for taking the time to share this idea.