PPPoE issue

Rampage

Hello, NetDuma Team

I recently updated to 2.1.3.29 and am not able to to connect through PPPoE I have two other routers ASUS RTN66U.& TPLINK I try on tht it's connect instantly. I have mac open from my isp end so I can change to any routers without mac reset I check logs it say authentication failed log in incorrect how it could be possible I think R1 providing wrong details bcuz as I said I tested on two other router with same PPPoE log in it's connect within 5 seconds and there is no option to set service name which almost every other single router have bcuz it's initial from ISP server to communicate router or customer end as fast as possible I think I already said about service name option may b 2 years ago or when I purchased R1 bcuz I didn't find that option on previous R1 firmware version and in this new DumaOS I can't see what am typing in PPPoE password section I also did factory reset but issue didn't solve right now am using my ASUS router and R1 connected through DHCP I attached log files snapshots just in case if you needed

Yours Thankfully

Screenshot_2019-01-04-06-27-05.png

For PPPoE set-up it's WAN Rj45 from isp to > R1 WAN port but right now am using my ASUS router as a main router and R1 is hooked up with it :

ISP WAN >ASUS ROUTER WAN>ASUS ROUTER LAN>R1 WAN DHCP

• Administrators

If that's the setup then you won't want to enter PPPoE details in the R1. Ideally you should put them in the modem, but if that's not possible, put them into the Asus router.

Then make sure the R1 WAN is set to dynamically received the WAN IP. Internet should then work great.

I think you get it wrong what I mean is I have wan rj45 from my isp > wan r1 

Then I put pppoe user details before dumaos but after recent update am not able to connect through pppoe..

That's why am using my asus router at the moment .. 

• Administrators

Ah ok, got you now. When you say ISP > WAN R1 - where are you getting the WAN from exactly? Your own modem or some centralised modem e.g. for a set of apartments?

The reason I ask is PPPoE runs quite slowly through the R1, so may restrict your bandwidth speeds.

So leave everything because you on some different track just tell me how to connect through pppoe .. is this simple question to answer?

What am saying am not able to connect through PPPoE anymore after this 2.1.3.29 update and I already given log details...

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, Rampage said:

What am saying am not able to connect through PPPoE anymore after this 2.1.3.29 update and I already given log details...

You've done the right thing - we're aware of your issue so if it turns out to be an issue with the R1, we can test for it. Just to clarify exactly what you're doing and the issue itself: you've entered your PPPoE details into the fields on the WAN > Network > PPPoE page, but you can't access the Internet over Ethernet or WiFi? Is that correct?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What does "wan rj45 from my isp > wan r1"  mean? Is the cable coming from the wall and straight into the R1 or from a modem/router provided by your ISP? 

What does" means? Are you guys playing with me ? I said multiple times that pppoe is not working ... In whole post are you reading anything what I said in post I don't think so ..

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Rampage said:

What does" means? Are you guys playing with me ? I said multiple times that pppoe is not working ... In whole post are you reading anything what I said in post I don't think so ..

Yes I understand that the issue is to do with PPPoE. I'm trying to ascertain what your physical setup is. I'm not being difficult, I need to know in order to help you correctly. The cable from your ISP that connects to the R1 is that from a wall, a box outside your house, a router provided by your ISP?

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, Rampage said:

This is the fiber optic  media converter from ISP and straight connected to R1

About Frasers comment before where he said 'What does" - there's text after that, but it's all coloured white so we can't see it. Fraser is using the dark theme on the forum which colours text white, so he did that by accident just to clarify what happened there! (You can highlight the text and see what it said)

Looking at the box you've got, I can't imagine it has any sort of interface which is unfortunate. You said earlier that PPPoE worked on the old firmware... Could you downgrade, enter your PPPoE details in the old software, then upgrade again and see if your PPPoE details are still working / valid using DumaOS?

We'll investigate this on our end, but it seems like nobody else is having this issue which makes your case all the more weird!

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Rampage said:

Ok Ill downgrade to old firmware and check & let you know thanks for the support

Great :) let us know how it goes. Thank you for your patience.

So, Here it is today i did downgrade to previous DumaOS as u said , but i forgot to take logs file and setup details for pppoe, So i upgrade back to 2.1.3.29 again and after upgrade i found the page is lil slow and unresponsive so i turned off R1 and remove power cable also from electrical socket and turned ON R1 after 10 minutes its Finally Connected To Internet (ISP), So what i found there might b a bug not sure which not providing PPPoE user detail from R1 to ISP end thats why Its not connecting , If it is possible for NETDUMA TEAM , try to add more initial setup which almost every ISP required example SERVICE NAME which R1 dont have , and etc.

its my advise to development team to improve DumaOS

and here is another issue after update am not able to see WAN IP in DUMAOS and i play Fortnite to test every thing is fine i saw am getting 5-10-20% plus packet loss in game ping HUD and game is unplayable i don't setup geo filter , not using any pre installed profile by DumaOS, etc. i attched logfile and some snap that might b help, to understand from where its issue ISP or R1.

Yours Thankfully

pppoe.PNG

no wan ip.PNG

log-1547985362059.txt

• Administrators

Thanks for all the info and the feedback. 

Youre getting Internet through the router now right? If so, I can only think the reason the WAN IP is not showing is due to PPPoE. So we’ll need to look into why. 

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, Rampage said:

Yeah I straight connected to through ISP cable no modem ..

Thank you so much for the previous post. This will be super helpful for our developers moving forwards. As I say, we plan to keep upgrading and upgrading DumaOS well into the future, and PPPoE is bound to get a lot of attention at some point. It's still a very new operating system, so there's a lot of places we can go with it.

It's definitely unusual behaviour, so I'll pass this straight to the developers to have a look at. Adding the ability to change your service name seems like something we'll be able to do in the future :)

today i restarted router through router page and its stuck on same thing again it might be some serious bug going on my R1 i waited for while and not able to connect , its work whole day till i restart the router, So i decided to downgrade to previous DumaOS version , After downgrade i wait while and its connected to Internet Somehow its never take that much time to connect Before DumaOS because on Original R1 firmware i try restart factory etc. and its connected instantly like other routers but After DumaOS whole thing is change for me its like i need to setup my router whole day plus i already harassed my internet service provider which in this case there is no fault from their side .. i attached again log file which of both Firmware Version , and ill see how many days its able to connected to Internet..:( before downgrade 2.1.3.29 log-1548187376644.txt   after downgrade and currently on 2.1.2.10 log-1548187881408.txt , log-1548188068867.txt