XR700 WAN port disconnection

I've been getting lag spikes when i'm playing any online game. I did multiple router resets, modem, and console and it was still occurring. A few days later I took a look at the statistics of each port. As I was playing games, I noticed the that wan port up time would reset every 4-5 minutes. I changed out the CAT 7 cable with a new one and its still happening. Doesn't this mean that the wan port is disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet that's causing me to lag?  Or is this a software problem?

Capture_netduma.PNG

• Administrators

Is your modem resetting by any chance? That would be more likely than a cable issue.

Is your modem in 'modem mode' or 'bridge mode'? If not, try putting it into this mode to see if that solves the problem.

Also - this could be a false flag and the spikes are elsewhere e.g. with your overall Internet line. I recommend running a Ping Plotter test on your line to test the quality. Here is a guide: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

After posting this, I looked on the Netgear community to see if anyone else was having the same issue. I found that multiple XR700 users had the same problem.  It seems like the latest firmware of the XR700 is bugged, because after downgrading to 1.0.0.20 my connection has been stable for about 8 hours. Hopefully 1.3 fixes this. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Xr700-disconnects/m-p/1663472221975075_Capturenetdumaupdated.thumb.PNG.316c76b1927997eec550361eb6542340.PNG

Here's a update on how everything looks. The lag spikes completely stopped when gaming and no more interruption when surfing the web also. I really want hybrid VPN back but I would rather have my connection stable. I would love to beta test future software updates for the XR700 to report bugs. That would be awesome!

XR700 capture update.PNG