i got banned for using this router

• Administrators

Hi Justin - could you explain more what has happened please?

No one has ever been banned for using a router powered by our software

• Administrators
Just now, gasman442 said:

i started up a match and it times out, when i try to start another match it states i have been banned for 30 minutes

Are you a different poster or OP on a different account? 

if you got dc, then maybe. or maybe someone reported you, either because of connection's stability or because of you being new to the game/their team. I get that a lot on XBL. not specifically in Gow but in games that either have a penalty for getting dc too often or where angry gamers report you a lot for pretty much no good reason.

• Administrators

Very odd - how strict are you Geo-Filter settings e.g. distance etc? Probably easier if you take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and we can take a look.

Also - was this during normal matchmaking i.e. not a specific tournament or event?

Just signed up to help answer this. Gears 4 has quit penalties. It also has server issues and you will sometimes get kicked while searching for matches and then served a quit penalty. I've had days where I go to play and get a quit penalty without having even played a match. 

This router causes NO problems with this game and I've got hundreds of matches in to verify that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to chime in it could be coincidence but I recently started playing gears 4 again and 1st few games with geo filter on it was fine but after that received a 30 minute suspension then again the next day. I don't get these with the filter off though.

• Administrators
On 1/19/2019 at 2:30 AM, slugg said:

Just to chime in it could be coincidence but I recently started playing gears 4 again and 1st few games with geo filter on it was fine but after that received a 30 minute suspension then again the next day. I don't get these with the filter off though.

Might be worth relaxing your range a little bit so it’s less strict. See if it then no longer gives you the message. 

Gears 4 now uses "QOS" (quality of service) matchmaking which doesn't go by region, but attempts to put you on the server that gives you the lowest ping. Sometimes that's not possible but it does a good job for the most part. I've only heard of people having problems when enabling geo filters, like some not being able to find matches at all. Might as well leave it off for Gears 4.

• Netduma Staff
21 hours ago, Bowie said:

Gears 4 now uses "QOS" (quality of service) matchmaking which doesn't go by region, but attempts to put you on the server that gives you the lowest ping. Sometimes that's not possible but it does a good job for the most part. I've only heard of people having problems when enabling geo filters, like some not being able to find matches at all. Might as well leave it off for Gears 4.

Interesting stuff! Maybe that's the future of matchmaking, who knows. There's always Spectating Mode if you prefer letting the game do its thing without restricting it - that way you can just keep an eye on what's going on, and block any server that's really bad :)