PS4 not showing as online in device manager

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's fine, it's for the same reason I explained above. What about the slow loading on the interface?

It is still slow loading.. But would you want me to try and do a reset and see if it loses connection and never reestablishes a connection.. My only concern is it may take sometime to report back if I lose total connection.. Once that happens it can take hours..

Guest Killhippie
On 1/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, Zippy said:

Hey Killhippie.. You know your profile name looks very familiar! You on any other tech sites? Anyways thanks also for your help I will give this a go also.. My main goal is just to get this router stable.. Maybe your method will also help my issues with the Device Manager.. Ive been having similar issues with that as well. As luck would have it last night I had another issue pop up.. My QoS quit working all together and the only way I could get that to work again was toggle the QoS off and on.. Seems like I do have some inner working demons going on with my router.. Heck maybe the only way I will get this to work is call a priest over to do an exorcism on it!! LOL  ha ha ive had such horrible luck my friend.. 😕 Thanks again for your suggestions! :)

Zippy. 

Yes Ive used this pseudonym on a loads of sites from, Netgear, Kapsersky, Apple forums MacRumours etc over the years so you may have seen it. Probably on smallnetbuilder if you go there at all.

The length of time your router is taking to load the home screen or connect is not right at all. What's your Firewall and AV? Do you have adblockers? Sorry if I have mentioned these before. For safety if you need to disconnect your system from the internet, then shut down the AV and Firewall and see how it behaves when logging in, also make sure to accept first party cookies, on Firefox you can block third party tracking cookies but blocking all third party cookies can break sites, I dont know if Netduma uses third party cookies maybe someone could clarify. Definitely clear your browser cache.(remember to reactivate them after testing) Also some add ons like Ghostery, most adblockers etc can mess with some sites so if you have an adblocker white list the login for the router, I think Edge has adblock plus available to download so if you have installed it, that's worth a try. Are all your Ethernet drivers up to date for your PC? (from the actual vendors sites not from Microsoft's updates)

My XR500 takes about a minute maybe slightly more to do its boot up sequence, I leave it for a few more as the netduma stuff seems sometimes to take longer. Still never over one minute for boot up, then leave it for another minute to do its thing in the background., Power down, leave for 2 minutes (make sure the router has fully drained itself of power) then boot up.

Have you tried flushing your DNS resolver cache? On Windows 10 (I take it thats what you are using) right click on the start Icon,  click on Command Prompt. hold down the Windows key and press “R” to bring up the Run dialog box. Type ipconfig /flushdns then press “Enter“. (be sure there is a space before the slash) You should receive the a message that says "Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"  The reason to do this is it deletes any invalid old records and forces your computer to repopulate those addresses the next time you try accessing websites. Just a thought.

• Administrators

The ‘not secure’ are all normal messages that everyone else will have so not to worry.

Is the UI loading slowly through Chrome as well then?

Do you have any settings at all that could be disabling cache?

Is your CPU graph maxed out in System Information?

I do not see a solution to the original post, I am having the same issue.

Both my PS4's(connected Lan) are registering as 'offline' plus my MacBook Pro(connected wireless and reading the router interface from) is registering as 'offline'.

All other applications are registering as online(iPhones, iPads).

I have only seen a comment on downloading an older FW, but have not read if that has worked. 

This may seem like a rude question, but after reading several posts about this same issue and not seeing even a hint of hope(other than download an older FW)...do you admin guys use this router? have the latest FW update? and have it connected to multiple counsels/computers?

Again, not trying to be rude, but I can only assume you use this product and are testing it...

8 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

The ‘not secure’ are all normal messages that everyone else will have so not to worry.

Is the UI loading slowly through Chrome as well then?

Do you have any settings at all that could be disabling cache?

Is your CPU graph maxed out in System Information?

The loading time between Google Chrome and MS Edge seems the same..

Im not aware of any settings that would be disabling cache.. 

My CPU graph isn't maxed out.. It usually settles below 50%.. Maybe once in awhile it may spike at 100%.. But if it does I would consider that normal..

Would it be best that I start a new thread myself and not continue to post under this?  Seems a bit confusing and is not fair to the Op..and others that have issues pertaining to it.. Even though I have similar issues.. 

16 minutes ago, JPat said:

This may seem like a rude question, but after reading several posts about this same issue and not seeing even a hint of hope(other than download an older FW)...do you admin guys use this router? have the latest FW update? and have it connected to multiple counsels/computers?

Again, not trying to be rude, but I can only assume you use this product and are testing it...

JPat, When I originally posted here I had the same issue as yourself.. And as far as im aware of im not sure there is a fix yet to what your having.. It just seems as time goes on for myself more issues arise or I uncover.. Ive chased down a lot of rabbit holes with no such luck! lol.. Hope you have better luck.. Im guessing there going to tell you to downgrade your firmware and see if that works.. Just a guess but likely what they will say.. Im not sure myself if that will even cure the issue.. With all the other things I have going on that is the last thing I can try.. Again good luck!

Zippy..

13 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Yes Ive used this pseudonym on a loads of sites from, Netgear, Kapsersky, Apple forums MacRumours etc over the years so you may have seen it. Probably on smallnetbuilder if you go there at all.

The length of time your router is taking to load the home screen or connect is not right at all. What's your Firewall and AV? Do you have adblockers? Sorry if I have mentioned these before. For safety if you need to disconnect your system from the internet, then shut down the AV and Firewall and see how it behaves when logging in, also make sure to accept first party cookies, on Firefox you can block third party tracking cookies but blocking all third party cookies can break sites, I dont know if Netduma uses third party cookies maybe someone could clarify. Definitely clear your browser cache.(remember to reactivate them after testing) Also some add ons like Ghostery, most adblockers etc can mess with some sites so if you have an adblocker white list the login for the router, I think Edge has adblock plus available to download so if you have installed it, that's worth a try. Are all your Ethernet drivers up to date for your PC? (from the actual vendors sites not from Microsoft's updates)

My XR500 takes about a minute maybe slightly more to do its boot up sequence, I leave it for a few more as the netduma stuff seems sometimes to take longer. Still never over one minute for boot up, then leave it for another minute to do its thing in the background., Power down, leave for 2 minutes (make sure the router has fully drained itself of power) then boot up.

Have you tried flushing your DNS resolver cache? On Windows 10 (I take it thats what you are using) right click on the start Icon,  click on Command Prompt. hold down the Windows key and press “R” to bring up the Run dialog box. Type ipconfig /flushdns then press “Enter“. (be sure there is a space before the slash) You should receive the a message that says "Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"  The reason to do this is it deletes any invalid old records and forces your computer to repopulate those addresses the next time you try accessing websites. Just a thought.

Hey Killhippie, Yep im on smallnetbuilder.. I knew there was someplace ive seen the profile name.. I personally thought it was and ad blocker or something of that type..But I thought Fraser said that wouldn't cause it.. I did load screenshots of what Google Chrome is disabling in the web browser a few posts back.. As far as most everything else ive done what you have mentioned.. Im really at a total loss..and don't even know what to try.. Ive gone more then beyond what one should have to for a router I feel..  What browser are you currently using? Thanks again my friend! 

Zippy.

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hey Killhippie, Yep im on smallnetbuilder.. I knew there was someplace ive seen the profile name.. I personally thought it was and ad blocker or something of that type..But I thought Fraser said that wouldn't cause it.. I did load screenshots of what Google Chrome is disabling in the web browser a few posts back.. As far as most everything else ive done what you have mentioned.. Im really at a total loss..and don't even know what to try.. Ive gone more then beyond what one should have to for a router I feel..  What browser are you currently using? Thanks again my friend! 

Zippy.

Hi Zippy, makes sense about smallnetbuilder :) Have you added routerlogin.net routerlogin.com and the IP you use to login to Adblock Plus's whitelist? I would do that anyway. I have mine white listed, if you have easy list and easy privacy it is possible I would have thought that both lists especially easy privacy could interfere with JavaScript on the GUI page. I'm sure I saw somewhere to whitelist the GUI in adblockers. I would add them then clear the cache and logging in again. I use Firefox 64.0.2 on a iMac running 10.14.2. I also white list the GUI in Firefox so no cookies are blocked by its third party cookie tracking protection feature.

• Netduma Staff
13 hours ago, JPat said:

Hi JPat - we certainly do use it, and we have a dedicated testing team that is constantly working to get to the bottom of every issue that's raised. This particular issue with devices showing as offline or labelled incorrectly has been raised in another forum post. Our developers and testing team are fully aware of it, and are working on investigating it :)

Whenever potential bugs are brought to our attention, they go through a big process to get them sorted. I'm hopeful that this particular one can get fixed in the next firmware, but there's no certainty on that. I hope this helps to clarify the process.

This was a new purchase and my first dumaOs product, so I was weary that I wasted money...but other than this issue the router is fantastic.

Update from my end: I have set IP address' for both my wired PS4's and reset the router, so far(15 hours) they have remained 'online'. However, my MacBook Pro(wireless connection) still reads as 'offline'. This looks to be a cosmetic bug as it is obviously not effecting any performance. High Traffic Priority still lights up red when it should and geo filters work also...Good luck with the fix! 

My workaround for the PS4 disappearing from the device manager list over the last 3 weeks or so has been to put my PS4 in rest mode instead of a full power down and so far it's been rock solid. I was waiting to see if anyone else had luck going back to the previous FW before I tried it. I'm liking the added features of the latest FW so I'll just keep doin what I'm doin. 

I just noticed mine is experiencing the same bug with the .40. In my case my wireless devices that are online are showing up as "online" which is correct.  My "wired" devices that are online and showing up "offline".  My 2 devices that are hardwired are my xbox and a windows PC.

Update

So I went to my advanced setting and decided to enable "Enable blinking on Internet LED, LAN LED, Wireless LED and USB LED when data traffic is detected" previous setting was Turn off all LEDs except Power LED. After making this change my router lost all connections which I thought was very strange and not a normal behavior.

I rebooted the router and all my devices are now showing up online. I will continue to watch this to see if anything changes over this week.

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, Bmann said:

I just noticed mine is experiencing the same bug with the .40. In my case my wireless devices that are online are showing up as "online" which is correct.  My "wired" devices that are online and showing up "offline".  My 2 devices that are hardwired are my xbox and a windows PC.

Update

So I went to my advanced setting and decided to enable "Enable blinking on Internet LED, LAN LED, Wireless LED and USB LED when data traffic is detected" previous setting was Turn off all LEDs except Power LED. After making this change my router lost all connections which I thought was very strange and not a normal behavior.

I rebooted the router and all my devices are now showing up online. I will continue to watch this to see if anything changes over this week.

That definitely doesn't sound like normal behaviour. I know that Netgear programmed that particular feature but I'll make sure our developers are aware of this.

Could be worth seeking Netgear support on their own forum, since that's definitely a feature they deal with.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this topic back up but I've been having the same issue. I was able to fix it by changing the "Router MAC Address" setting in internet setup from "Use Default Address" to "Use This MAC Address" instead. This field was already populated with the router's MAC address so all I did was switch to it. I'll keep you guys posted if it craps out again but it's working as it should for now.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, fourg63 said:

Sorry to bring this topic back up but I've been having the same issue. I was able to fix it by changing the "Router MAC Address" setting in internet setup from "Use Default Address" to "Use This MAC Address" instead. This field was already populated with the router's MAC address so all I did was switch to it. I'll keep you guys posted if it craps out again but it's working as it should for now.

Thanks for sharing your solution - definitely let us know if it conks out again, but that seems promising.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, fourg63 said:

Well that was short lived. It's broken again.

Which firmware do you have installed? Click the 'i' in the top right corner to find out.

• Administrators

Have you tried bmann’s potential fix written a few posts above? 

If that’s not worked then either downgrade to the previous firmware or .32 or if it’s not causing you much bother, hold tight while NETGEAR work on a fix

• 8 months later...

This router is garbage I can’t believe this form is a-year-old and this is the same issue that is going on right now I’m having the same problem with my PS4 Pro and Xbox one X and both of my gaming PC’s all hardwired. I started a new form about this then I seen this form a-year-old and just shook my head and can’t believe they never addressed this issue as big of a problem as it is. Literally $300 wasted because this so-called engineer team can’t put out a stable firmware. Do it I did get the new Asus ROG router zero issues in pretty good customer service that doesn’t BS around a problem if you’re having one. 

• Administrators
On 12/5/2019 at 4:52 PM, Hartsgrove said:

This router is garbage I can’t believe this form is a-year-old and this is the same issue that is going on right now I’m having the same problem with my PS4 Pro and Xbox one X and both of my gaming PC’s all hardwired. I started a new form about this then I seen this form a-year-old and just shook my head and can’t believe they never addressed this issue as big of a problem as it is. Literally $300 wasted because this so-called engineer team can’t put out a stable firmware. Do it I did get the new Asus ROG router zero issues in pretty good customer service that doesn’t BS around a problem if you’re having one. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We apologise for the inconvinience caused, we do take it seriously and will get a fix out as soon as that's possible. Current workaround at the moment would be to do a reboot or downgrade to the previous firmware.