PS4 not showing as online in device manager

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Likely not but post them here anyway and we can take a look.

Yes you can. What happens after the reboot? Are you able to access the interface? Do you use PPPoE?

Thanks Fraser.. What happens after reboot is the router never regains connectivity.. But I am still able to access the interface.. When its at about 70% during reboot is when connection is lost.. There is a message that pops up saying you have lost connection and page will refresh once connected.. But that never happens. But when I go into setup and look all my ISP info is there.. But it just doesn't seem to get applied.. Even when I try to click on the apply button nothing happens.. Also I don't have PPPoE. I have cable internet with Spectrum with modem to router..nothing else and no credentials needed.. Just PnP..

How do I send you my logs? Is there any info in the log that I shouldn't post?  

Thanks Fraser! :)

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for clarifying Zippy. There isn't anything in the log you wouldn't want to post, but feel free to DM them to Fraser and this account if you prefer!

Thanks for all your help! I do have a bit of a silly question. How do I download my logs? I see download logs but once I click that what else do I do?  Sorry again for this.. Its funny how I cant seem to understand a simple task like this..lol..  

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should then have downloaded to your computer and then you can attach it to your forum post/PM

Well that is strange.. Its not going to my computer.. The only thing that happens when I click download log is the text changes from white to black and is a little harder to read. But that's it.. Nothing else.. Is there something else I also need to enable on my router for this process to work? Again sorry for all the issue guys! I do have errors in my log that might tell you something.. One that seems to reoccur often is as follows..

DumaOS  Error parsing line in ARP table..   I will look up a few more and post them here..

DumaOS  R-App store cloud sync failed..

DumaOS  HTTP download failed with code 404...

DumaOS  Cloudsync themes result "false" all mirrors are down..

DumaOS  Cloudsync DPI results "false" all mirrors are down...

DumaOS  Error parsing line in ARP table..

DumaOS  Ubus object attempting to bind...pending...

Thanks again! Zippy..

• Administrators

That might be to do with the browser you're trying to do it from. Chrome should definitely allow you to download it. If not then just copy and paste the whole thing. Thats a normal entry so I wouldn't think that would be the cause, once we have the whole thing we can see properly

Guest Killhippie
10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That might be to do with the browser you're trying to do it from. Chrome should definitely allow you to download it. If not then just copy and paste the whole thing. Thats a normal entry so I wouldn't think that would be the cause, once we have the whole thing we can see properly

You should not have to use a specific browser though for 'best results' All should work, but if not the outliers like Brave, at least the main ones like Opera, Safari, Firefox and Edge etc (which is turning into chrome) should all work the same and not have issues.

Guest Killhippie

Just noticed my iPad had changed to a phone in device manager, most odd. This version seems more buggy in the GUI department, also why would the classification of a device change on its own? Talking of which what happened to the list of new devices that are going to be added? Maybe you should have "Media Devices" as a listing to cover speakers, soundbars and wireless speakers etc. And "Home" or something similar for IoT devices like Alexa and other talking nightmares ;) and smart gizmos in the home like lightbulbs and central heating thermostats. Keeping it simple but they cover a lot of bases. 

• Administrators
  • Planning on adding more device types etc soon, but that's a good idea to have a catch all device type
  • If we don't immediately recognize the device type, we can determine the type based on the traffic going through it e.g. a PS4 can be identified based on the Playstation Network. I suspect you used your iPad for something usually a phone would do - it shouldn't have changed at this point though, so we probably need to put a time limit on device type changes
  • We put a lot of effort into being compatible across all the main browsers - but it's possible a rarely used feature might have been missed across every browser type

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks Fraser.. I am using Microsoft edge windows 10.. It isn't the browser but errors in the script on the routers homepage.. Errors on html possible.. syntax errors.. The reason Edge flags this is because of security.. While other browsers are more lenient in this.. It isn't a browser issue per say.. Here are some screen shots of the errors 404..401.. Maybe this will help.. I can also try and take a few screen shots of my logs in the router.. 404 shows there as well..

1075045375_Screenshot(27).thumb.png.225490c9ba340e5ceae807f57dd8827b.png31201467_Screenshot(26).thumb.png.0763e7bd6085af31fb02d015439127d3.png

Here are a couple more that maybe will help... These shots are taking from the MS Debug tool.. Hope you can read these.. 

820490090_Screenshot(29).thumb.png.fcdb54dac16de707847b5e978d781492.png1818034303_Screenshot(30).thumb.png.94279c9f759572ae632c89ae350eda28.png

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh I see, they are fine we're aware of that as long as the interface still loads properly?

The interface does finally load but if someone is to do say a reboot I believe we get a timeout error and the interface then wont reload.. Thus losing connection..  Does that make sense at all?  I do have a log screen shot but it does have some of my info I don't think I should post on an open forum.. If I post it and you see it could you delete it after? Its just a small shot of my router logs.. I also get a 404 download error in my router logs.. That's why I cant download my log file to you.. My only way seems to be through screen shots..

Okay interesting, do you get this slow loading regardless of the browser? If you could just omit the identifying information yourself before posting if you're copy and pasting should be pretty easy

Here are some screenshots of my logs.. Hopefully you will be able to read them.. Let me know!

2130592340_Screenshot(35).thumb.png.10a226e27101e482de13205ef49babeb.png544757538_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.68ed275e5cd286bed9b578e399003865.png402098004_Screenshot(33).thumb.png.2022ae1ebbadd6d13e7d5d8fd0df9451.png

Guest Killhippie
7 hours ago, Zippy said:

Here are some screenshots of my logs.. Hopefully you will be able to read them.. Let me know!

2130592340_Screenshot(35).thumb.png.10a226e27101e482de13205ef49babeb.png544757538_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.68ed275e5cd286bed9b578e399003865.png402098004_Screenshot(33).thumb.png.2022ae1ebbadd6d13e7d5d8fd0df9451.png

Maybe copy and paste the appropriate part of the logs, the router generates so many and screenshots at least from my end don't help, as I cant read them at all. Have yoiu tried downloading another browser (shouldn't have to really) but have you tried just to see if it helps? Also I cant remember but have you disabled any adbliocking software for routerlogin.com/routerlogin.net and 192.168.1.1 or whatever you have used as default IP wise?

You could try this,  power the router down via the power button on the back, unplug it at the mains, give it 10 minutes unplugged (leave WAN port plugged in)  go have a cuppa or something, make sure all the power is gone from the router by pressing the power button back in when unplugged to make sure there is no residual power left, if nothing lights up briefly press the power button so its off again, plug the power back in then press the power button of the router. Try to have Wi-Fi and wired devices you have offline when it boots so the router can do its thing without it assigning any IP's and give it couple of minutes after powering up for it to load its dependencies in the background. Then turn on your LAN devices on by one. That's how I do it, yes its long winded but it does seem to work and not confuse the router while its booting up.

• Administrators

Could you downgrade back to the previous firmware and reinstall the latest firmware again?

Also, is this just on Edge or all browsers?

5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Could you downgrade back to the previous firmware and reinstall the latest firmware again?

Also, is this just on Edge or all browsers?

Hello and thanks for your reply! I could try to downgrade and then reinstall the latest firmware again.. I just need to make time because when I downgrade and then reinstall my XR500 has a very hard time to reestablish a connection.. It takes numerous times of power cycling the router.. Ive tried power cycling both cable modem and router which doesn't help... When I say it takes time it takes hours trying to make a connection.. My fear is that one of these times it wont reestablish a connection at all.. I am using MS Edge browser. It is the only browser I have and the only browser ive tried..  Heres some other info I want to share.. Currently my router is being shown in my network profile as Public and not Private.. Is that correct? The reason I ask this is because I think this is a firewall issue because it says that my connection to that website isn't encrypted. Which is routerlogin.net..  I do have another question though.. One that doesn't seem to really get answered.. So are we saying that this router isn't compatible with MS Edge browser?  Thanks again for your reply and help..  Zippy.. 

13 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Maybe copy and paste the appropriate part of the logs, the router generates so many and screenshots at least from my end don't help, as I cant read them at all. Have yoiu tried downloading another browser (shouldn't have to really) but have you tried just to see if it helps? Also I cant remember but have you disabled any adbliocking software for routerlogin.com/routerlogin.net and 192.168.1.1 or whatever you have used as default IP wise?

You could try this,  power the router down via the power button on the back, unplug it at the mains, give it 10 minutes unplugged (leave WAN port plugged in)  go have a cuppa or something, make sure all the power is gone from the router by pressing the power button back in when unplugged to make sure there is no residual power left, if nothing lights up briefly press the power button so its off again, plug the power back in then press the power button of the router. Try to have Wi-Fi and wired devices you have offline when it boots so the router can do its thing without it assigning any IP's and give it couple of minutes after powering up for it to load its dependencies in the background. Then turn on your LAN devices on by one. That's how I do it, yes its long winded but it does seem to work and not confuse the router while its booting up.

Hey Killhippie.. You know your profile name looks very familiar! You on any other tech sites? Anyways thanks also for your help I will give this a go also.. My main goal is just to get this router stable.. Maybe your method will also help my issues with the Device Manager.. Ive been having similar issues with that as well. As luck would have it last night I had another issue pop up.. My QoS quit working all together and the only way I could get that to work again was toggle the QoS off and on.. Seems like I do have some inner working demons going on with my router.. Heck maybe the only way I will get this to work is call a priest over to do an exorcism on it!! LOL  ha ha ive had such horrible luck my friend.. 😕 Thanks again for your suggestions! :)

Zippy. 

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Hello and thanks for your reply! I could try to downgrade and then reinstall the latest firmware again.. I just need to make time because when I downgrade and then reinstall my XR500 has a very hard time to reestablish a connection.. It takes numerous times of power cycling the router.. Ive tried power cycling both cable modem and router which doesn't help... When I say it takes time it takes hours trying to make a connection.. My fear is that one of these times it wont reestablish a connection at all.. I am using MS Edge browser. It is the only browser I have and the only browser ive tried..  Heres some other info I want to share.. Currently my router is being shown in my network profile as Public and not Private.. Is that correct? The reason I ask this is because I think this is a firewall issue because it says that my connection to that website isn't encrypted. Which is routerlogin.net..  I do have another question though.. One that doesn't seem to really get answered.. So are we saying that this router isn't compatible with MS Edge browser?  Thanks again for your reply and help..  Zippy.. 

Could you download Google Chrome and try with that please so we can see whether the browser is the issue? Are you trying to connect through HTTPS by any chance? We're not saying it's not compatible, we test with each browser but Google Chrome is our recommended browser to use. Are you referring to what it shows on windows? If so that's something you need to change on Windows itself.

Could you download Google Chrome and try with that please so we can see whether the browser is the issue? Are you trying to connect through HTTPS by any chance? We're not saying it's not compatible, we test with each browser but Google Chrome is our recommended browser to use. Are you referring to what it shows on windows? If so that's something you need to change on Windows itself.

Hello Fraser, No im not connecting through HTTPS.. At least not to my knowledge.. And yes I was referring to what it shows in Windows 10. What bothers me is Windows is saying that website routerlogin.net is not encrypted and is vulnerable for someone to steal sensitive info.. And this message is also showing when logging into your sight here. forum.netduma.com.. Im just concerned a bit about that.. Im not bucking you about trying another browser but ive never had two browsers on one computer before so I just want to make sure that I do that correctly also.. It maybe easy as 123 to have a second browser but for someone like me that has never had a second browser it might not be.. I just don't want Google Chrome to become my main browser because I have everything linked through MS Edge already.. I just want to make sure when I set up a second browser it doesn't become my main.. Again I am concerned about this security of not being encrypted.. I will read up on google chrome for a second browser.. Im just not at all happy about this..

• Administrators

Routerlogin.net showing as not secure is fine because you never put any sensitive information through the interface, it is also a local site anyway so cannot be accessed from the internet unless you have access from WAN enabled. In terms of the forum I think it is fine as netduma.com itself is secure and the forum is just a subdomain but not 100% on that. 

Yes it's really easy, it won't take over as your main browser, when you're installing it, it will ask you if you want it to become your main browser, just say no. I understand, we're just trying to rule out if its a browser specific issue.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Routerlogin.net showing as not secure is fine because you never put any sensitive information through the interface, it is also a local site anyway so cannot be accessed from the internet unless you have access from WAN enabled. In terms of the forum I think it is fine as netduma.com itself is secure and the forum is just a subdomain but not 100% on that. 

Yes it's really easy, it won't take over as your main browser, when you're installing it, it will ask you if you want it to become your main browser, just say no. I understand, we're just trying to rule out if its a browser specific issue.

Hey Fraser I did finally download Google Chrome and Google is also flagging routerlogin.net and netdumafourum.com as not secure. I took some screenshots of what it is saying when signed into my router.. And it lists the things that it is blocking.. See what you think..

116923892_Screenshot(38).thumb.png.6e1623f7d7a32c8d8d174093dc24c2d2.png1042097803_Screenshot(39).thumb.png.b7065c784ac544e78c828a8f6cb991e1.png

My guess is this maybe the reason why my router is acting like it is.. Id bet this is blocking proper updates.. Also I wonder if this is also causing the Geo Filter to not work correctly.. The reason I say this is because im sure its blocking the R apps to update properly.. Cloud sync and things as such.. Here are a few more screen shots just FYI..894009444_Screenshot(40).thumb.png.2cc1cad10d5caaca8748defa45561700.png963617248_Screenshot(41).thumb.png.3ff4365955282f4e5b39ba6f18dd1de0.png