DumaOS Geo-Filter Issue

Good question, for which I'd like an answer too. Those are ping assist icons (players allowed by ping assist rather than the radius), which makes no sense as yours is set to zero. 

I set mine to 8ms last night and kept getting hosts in the middle east, when I live in the UK... Screenshot_20181229-070738.thumb.png.65f980e7caedc50fd74e3ee223019d9a.pngScreenshot_20181229-070847.thumb.png.be9573664a1924f35b9f87d9c6789d30.png_20181229_070939.JPG.fd522ff4bf85f57a2ca0d897c4c1c5e4.JPG

• Administrators

lethaz was yours on the bootup of the game? If so when you go to search normally does it work as expected.

Both of you, did you make ping assist changes while on the game? If you had active connections they will stay ping assisted. Quit the game to dashboard after making the change and then wait 2 minutes and boot up the game.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

lethaz was yours on the bootup of the game? If so when you go to search normally does it work as expected.

Both of you, did you make ping assist changes while on the game? If you had active connections they will stay ping assisted. Quit the game to dashboard after making the change and then wait 2 minutes and boot up the game.

Nope, I set mine up before I get on. I rebooted the R1 and reloaded the game but still, people all over the world were getting these ping assist icons. 

There was one lobby search where everyone outside of my radius was correctly marked with one of those exclamation mark triangles, but only one. 

• Administrators

Hard turn off the console, delete the device from the Geo-Filter, flush the cloud and if the message appears that its taking too long just refresh the page after a minute. Then re-add your device, double check settings are as you want them then boot up the console and the game and try again please.

Weird. I rebooted my router yesterday (I started having a weird issue with moderate NAT when my R1 has the same, single possible WAN IP from my ISP hub and is still in its DMZ with my PS4 having the same IP and same forwarded ports) and when I just went back into the GUI, I was getting those tip pop ups for certain features again - those I'd already ticked don't show again for. On the geofilter page auto ping host was ticked (I unticked it yesterday after realising checking the ping to the server was futile) and my zoom setting wasn't staying put. Ping assist was the same though... 

Anyway I just deleted the PS4 from the filter, flushed the cloud, reset my ping assist back to 8ms (just to check it'll be working, since it should be pretty obvious at 8ms) and readded the PS4 to the filter. I'll report back in a little while when it's late enough to find a decent number of games. I wanted to keep testing yesterday but every game was giving me packet loss icons and lag spikes of hundreds of milliseconds while the geofilter and PingPlotter said I was maintaining flat low pings and zero packet loss. I swapped cables between the PS4 and laptop, and PingPlotter still showed no packet loss to these IPs while I still had constant icons in game...

And those were the two best games of the morning LOL. Same thing was happening against bots in custom games but without the icons... 

Icons are unusual for me. When games were at their worst for the most part of two years, before switching from BT to TalkTalk, I never saw icons unless I was in custom games or the online game I was playing was player hosted. I had never seen them playing on servers before. I got on yesterday to keep testing since I was finding one good responsive connection every 200 games on the same single server if I was lucky, but now apparently there's some form of packet loss in the mix too. 

I turned off my geofilter, disabled QoS and deleted traffic prio rules yesterday and I'm immediately thrown into the most normal looking game I've had for months? No icons? Same 7ms server, with a connection that actually felt like low latency... 

Maybe it's time for me to start testing without the R1 after all this time ☹️

Edit: wow, it just occurred to me... while that one game was amazing in relation to the others I've played lately, there was still a good 90-120ms delay on shots registering. That's wild hahaha 🙄 in my "typical" game on the UK server for example, it's normally a good 10-15 frames worth of delay (167-250ms) with it getting exponentially worse if I play on a server further out. Ironically my most responsive games used to play out on servers based in countries like Denmark and Poland, with instant local game like hit detection, but sadly I was never able to take full advantage of the R1's best feature to force those lobbies more often because for some reason they were rarely populated. The UK and French servers always seemed to act as black holes for anyone between Ireland and Pakistan 😂

Edit: nvm, nothing is wrong with my R1 now. I was on my PS4, sending someone a message and screenshot and it said I'd lost connection to the server. Eventually the WiFi icon on my phone got the x next to it indicating there was no connection. I tried setting up my PS4 network again and it wasn't going through. I thought there must be something up with the modem or it was rebooting itself, but the modem network light was on. I switched on its WiFi and all was fine again. So I went back to the R1's WiFi on my phone to connect to the GUI and all it says is this:

Screenshot_20181230-073152.thumb.png.6d24a60ec7176f1da6ce334b27e57dcd.png

I can click the buttons down the left hand side (nothing happens, the same message remains on screen) but I can't click those at the top to reboot/reset/upgrade. So I pulled the power from the R1 and when it turned on and I reconnected to the WiFi, there's still no connection. 

Edit 2: I used the pinhole reset button and apparently I'm back online but the GUI is utterly broken. It just doesn't respond to anything and I still have this message despite getting a connection again:

Screenshot_20181230-074436.thumb.png.51d729f11159b3fb38a229e068ab38a9.png

As you can see the x has gone but the GUI is unusable. Please help... I'm losing the will to live 😭

That could be it. I've never seen that before but it makes sense. It's not that big a deal though since there isn't much you can save with cookies anyway. 

I haven't tried accessing the GUI with anything other than the links I already have in my history. For example if I type in QoS, 192.168.88.1/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.qos pops up and that's what I've always got onto the GUI with. 

It still doesn't explain why I couldn't get a connection through the R1 though 🤔

My geo filter doesn't seem to want to work either, I was going to start a post but saw this. I've been using p.a. since it came out but this weekend wanted to force an Italian server I liked playing on (which I found out is in Holland). On XR500 playing bops4 so I do reset the game if I make any changes to geo filter but no matter where I place it now it just decides where it wants me to play. P.a. set to zero, cloud flushed and router rebooted but nothing seems to help, any ideas?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, lllRL said:

That could be it. I've never seen that before but it makes sense. It's not that big a deal though since there isn't much you can save with cookies anyway. 

I haven't tried accessing the GUI with anything other than the links I already have in my history. For example if I type in QoS, 192.168.88.1/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.qos pops up and that's what I've always got onto the GUI with. 

It still doesn't explain why I couldn't get a connection through the R1 though 🤔

Ahh okay, because your screenshot says R1, after your reset you can't access using IP? It may have been a DHCP lease renewal. Set it to the highest amount of hours which I think is 168hrs, does that prevent it happening again?

12 minutes ago, Vroomfondel1965 said:

My geo filter doesn't seem to want to work either, I was going to start a post but saw this. I've been using p.a. since it came out but this weekend wanted to force an Italian server I liked playing on (which I found out is in Holland). On XR500 playing bops4 so I do reset the game if I make any changes to geo filter but no matter where I place it now it just decides where it wants me to play. P.a. set to zero, cloud flushed and router rebooted but nothing seems to help, any ideas?

It would be helpful if you could start your own topic as it's easier for us to follow and know what advice we've given out already to whom. Yes you should quit game to dashboard, change your settings, wait 2 minutes then boot it up again. Could you include a screenshot please?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh okay, because your screenshot says R1, after your reset you can't access using IP? It may have been a DHCP lease renewal. Set it to the highest amount of hours which I think is 168hrs, does that prevent it happening again?

I've always been able to access the DumaOS GUI with either R1, http://r1, 192.168.88.1 or one of the full links like the above. "R1" seems tied to DumaOS whereas links with "cgi-bin" are for the old firmware, like this:

Screenshot_20181230-170246.thumb.png.d823851ece0e1c0e446acfb3e3cd241b.png

I already had the time limit set to the max of 7 days but I can't get into network settings or any other page now anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I should add I've never had any issues with IPs before, regardless of whether the settings are default or customised with a longer or shorter time limit, smaller IP range or manually allocated IPs, so I doubt that would be the cause. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try accessing on a hardwired PC if possible please? 

Huh, no need. After many many hours of constantly trying it finally prompted me for my username and password and let me on.

Big fat question mark? 😂