VPN Whitelist

I just got my XR500 yesterday, updated the firmware in the dumaOS and went through all the settings to have the router to my likings.

I already own a vpn, which is NordVPN and it’s currently not available in dumaOS, I bought pureVPN so I can have all my family protected, but my issue is that the hybrid VPN is blocking a web request, basically in order to play Minecraft, the launcher requests an authentication session, but Mojang (Minecraft’s company studios) has VPNs blocked from all their authentication servers.

I would love to request for dumaOS to have a whitelist that users can manually populate with IPs/URLs so it can go through without the VPN.

It would be a feature that users can even whitelist websites they trust and don’t need a VPN for or for websites that break with the usage of VPNs

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You could have used NordVPN with the advanced section of the VPN Hybrid. That's a good idea but I would suggest you put everything through the VPN other than Minecraft and that would resolve your issue, would also be better latency wise if you did this.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You could have used NordVPN with the advanced section of the VPN Hybrid. That's a good idea but I would suggest you put everything through the VPN other than Minecraft and that would resolve your issue, would also be better latency wise if you did this.

I’ll try adding nord. The thing with Minecraft is that I don’t see how to have it forced out of the VPN because sure Minecraft uses a port, BUT before opening a port it requests a session to http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver.jsp?user (I think, I’m posting from my phone), and when it requests the session it’s blocked because of the VPN.

Currently I have my VPN set to anything that’s not a video game. Because I felt like it would less secure and more hassle to manually add what should go into the VPN instead of what shouldn’t be going through the VPN.

Edit: I was able to add nordVPN and now Minecraft seems to be working, seems like pureVPN and Minecraft services don’t work together very well. I guess my issues are fixed, would be nice still to have the Whitelist by IP/URLs.

Thank you Fraser.