FIFA Server Locations

Mackam

Hello is there any plans to sort the FIFA server locations out, is it even possible? Had the R1 for a long time now and the server location was always wrong for what I suspect are UK/Close EU servers (15ms ping approx) but are shown as West Coast America. There was a long list of server id's posted by myself and others but they never got updated. From the ID are you able to find where is really is or is that not possible?

I know I can just use Ping Assist and have to for FIFA but they have been like this for the whole time I have had R1 (all for FIFA 18 and now FIFA 19 so far which is well over a year). You get odd one in Germany showing up but EVERY single one of my quicker hosts is West Coast America. Connection is a massive sore point in FIFA community and if we could find a way with DumaOs to make it a lot better it would make it very popular in that community. 

Example below and few ID's of others 

7d9f632e3c1c9499

c755b07bf266bec3

7d9f5f2a3c1c9499

See below Whiote dot in UK is a general EA connection point which comes and goes even outside match making but the Trianlge in West Coast America is the game server, it also says Peer not sure why as its Dedicated for FUT Champs and Rivals now so think thats also wrong, the Allow Deny list all the Peer are FUT Champs servers so dedicated the one that says Dedicated is the UK General server, that make sense?

Server.thumb.png.c8a87ac16680f847398f575761e9fc4e.png

See below the 

• Administrators

Thanks for letting us know. We have a new cloud update coming in the new year which will hopefully correctly locate all these servers. Could you let us know in a few weeks if things have improved or if need to do further optimisation. 

Do you know when? There was a post last week about a cloud update but that didnt fix it and this has been an issue for over a year, is this update have specific FIFA servers planned to fix or is this a maybe? 

As you can imagine I am doubtful as its been mentioned a lot for over a year but never fixed and means the GEO filter is useless and can only use Ping Assist.

Thanks good to hear the FIFA Servers will be addressed soon, FYI none of the previous releases have moved any servers I connected to (20ms ping) they are all in West Coast America so be good to finally see where I am connecting to. May help sort out why some are terrible and some are ok. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers I will be honest had this R1 over a year and the FIFA servers location is still showing West Coast America despite several complaints and giving server info. This isnt what I bought this for its not good enough, this router/software is sold one filtering server location but if the servers are misplaced then its pointless. You cant just use PING as EA use initial ping then bounce to another server 

FIFA server location is massive issue and lot of chat about it currently as its makes MASSIVE difference and not just the inital Ping as EA sort that there is latency spikes all over the place. If its not improved for FIFA the DumaOS is pointless for that game. 

Some discussions on it in link below in reddit, on DumaOs it only offers initial Ping and from experience DumaOs makes no odds whatsoever its waste of money. 

• 1 month later...

Any news on this i like the router i feel like it could be helpfull for lots of games but same here my main reason for purchase was fifa and honestly i feel ripped off i am getting connected to same servers on west coast even tho i live over 2000 miles away 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There was a cloud update recently though I'm unsure if this included FIFA, I'll check with the team. I'd suggest flushing the cloud on the Geo-Filter map and see if it's improved.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There was a cloud update recently though I'm unsure if this included FIFA, I'll check with the team. I'd suggest flushing the cloud on the Geo-Filter map and see if it's improved.

I just purchased it few days ago i was playing with it and trying to figure out but kept connecting to same location in i believe california (same location as his screen shots ) occosianal south america player but not a single match in midwest,south or east coast i am very dissapointed but hopefully its gonna get solved soon. 

Wasnt any better at weekend but hadnt flushed the server locations, I have tried a few times to do it but all I get is "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App."

Am I doing something wrong??

3 hours ago, Mackam said:

Wasnt any better at weekend but hadnt flushed the server locations, I have tried a few times to do it but all I get is "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App."

Mine flushes but no change whatsoever if i play online single matches i get connected to people near me but everything else runs of the server on west coast which is over 2000 miles from me 

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, Mackam said:

Factory resetting the router should resolve that issue; it's unusual to see that error, but I'm certain a reset will get rid of it.

11 hours ago, Seid said:

Mine flushes but no change whatsoever if i play online single matches i get connected to people near me but everything else runs of the server on west coast which is over 2000 miles from me 

Could you screenshot what you're seeing? It's possible that the server on the west coast is not the host of the game, but rather a background server. If it's got a white circle around it then that's definitely the case, and it won't affect your gameplay.

I noticed that Fraser mentioned that flush fault in another forum post see below so it must be known issue. 

As for the server location in FIFA its been like this for the whole time I have had the NetDuma (about 2 years). It doesn't get the dedicated server locations correctly. I am in UK and have Ping Assist set to 17ms and I get 15ms servers but it always shows them in West Coast America and I am in England. I have attached another screenshot here below

You can see the ping is ms and the server is in America yet I am in UK. The way FIFA works is Single Match games are Peer to Peer so works fine showing where the server is but Rivals and FUT Champs modes are dedicated servers and they always come up in America with the odd one coming up in Europe but they are 35ms and show as Amazon Server. All the 15 - 20ms servers for me are America yet I am in UK. As you can see below its a white circle but the opening post I made is a triangle but that is the only server that comes up and as soon as the game is finished it goes away. My connection is no better using the Net Duma on FIFA which is disappointing and I just dont know what to do with it now as its not worked for me. 

There is a lot people talking on FIFA community due to connection issues and if we could sort this using Duma and make it the best it could be there could be a lot of interest in the Net Duma from that market. 

FIFA Server.jpg

• Administrators

As you're getting amazing pings using Ping Assist surely it's giving you a great experience? Also helps out with the incorrect locations so not as troublesome as before to get games. I have let the team know to do a FIFA cloud but I'll raise it again with them.

You would think so but it really doesnt, gameplay a lot of the time feels so delayed its not playable its so frustrating. Could just be a EA server thing I dont know but end result is game you cant play as its too delayed.