Constant reset and WiFi issues since update

Ever since the update I have to reset my router everyday. I have factory reset (twice) as i do ever update. Also, everything is constantly buffering. Netflix, YouTube, webpages, you name it. My isp swears I should get my full 1000 mb download speed and the only limitations are my hardware. However when I run the test on the router, my download never goes over 500, rarely over 460. Im still unsure if my isp is providing me with subpar service or if there is a limitation on the router. I think my WiFi buffering issues are related to smart connect or 20/40 coexistence. Whenever I disable those features I get a lot less buffering and higher resolution.  Thanks for your time!

• Administrators

Hi there - which router do you own? Have you factory reset yet?

Regardless, lets get the speeds sorted first and we can go from there. Could you follow this guide and let us know if you’re now getting max speeds:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maxmimum-bandwidth-speeds

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Durty said:

Xr500. And yes as I stated in the original post I factory reset twice. 

By 'reset' I wasnt' sure if you meant reboot or full factory reset.

Could you follow the guide I linked above and see if that improves things please. Also - do you know if you get full speeds on a wired connection?

Same issue here I have 1000 Mbps connection however on my wired desktop I am only topping out at around 275 Mbps sometimes 300 Mbps.

I don't believe I had this issue before the V2.3.2.40 update and I factory reset the XR500 and rebooted the modem before running these wired tests. 

When I do a speedtest from the cable modem I am getting 945 Mbps sometimes early in the morning 1.2 Gbps on wired connection directly connected to my cable modem. 

Guest Killhippie

Not having this issue here in the UK. No buffering and I get speeds a lot less than you guys. If you have 1gigabit lines you don't need QoS on as It would be really hard to saturate your connection. Also what settings have you got QoS set to?  Try just turning it off, do you get your speeds back? If I can watch a 4K hdr movie with 52Mbps on latest firmware you should with those speeds unless your latency is all over the place. If you turn QoS off does the red prioritisation indicator go when you are not gaming? 

Guest Killhippie
6 hours ago, Durty said:

Orange internet light just flashes on the router. 

I was talking about the GUI, there is a red dot in QoS that shows if Antibufferbloat is on. Can you tell me what way you have set the QoS and Antibufferbloat settings too, or provide a screenshot that would really help figuring out what's going on. :) 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I was talking about the GUI, there is a red dot in QoS that shows if Antibufferbloat is on. Can you tell me what way you have set the QoS and Antibufferbloat settings are, or provide a screenshot that would really help figuring out what's going on. :) 

Could you do this please Durty?

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, Killhippie said:

Not having this issue here in the UK. No buffering and I get speeds a lot less than you guys. If you have 1gigabit lines you don't need QoS on as It would be really hard to saturate your connection. Also what settings have you got QoS set to?  Try just turning it off, do you get your speeds back? If I can watch a 4K hdr movie with 52Mbps on latest firmware you should with those speeds unless your latency is all over the place. If you turn QoS off does the red prioritisation indicator go when you are not gaming? 

Right now I have QOS turned off and I do not get my speeds back and yes the red prioritization light does not go on when not gaming

Guest Killhippie
5 hours ago, neo2070 said:

Right now I have QOS turned off and I do not get my speeds back and yes the red prioritization light does not go on when not gaming

So the sliders are at 100%?  QoSt is set to never? Are you using a VPN at all?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, neo2070 said:

Turned off in Anti-Bufferbloat settings where it says Disable QoS? Have you checked on the device itself when connected to the XR500 that its running at 1gps full duplex? 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Durty said:

Sorry for the late reply. Had to factory reset again. Idk what I did wrong the first two times but it fixed the issue. It also fixs an issue with this update where the geo filter shows no activity. 

Factory reset to the rescue! I'm glad that solved the issue for you. If it starts up again just let us know and we'll try and sort it out again. Cheers for letting us know your solution :)