New user with a couple questions

Dina1229

I bought an xr500 today. I exclusively game on Xbox one. The router software seems to work as advertised for Black ops 4, but I'm beginning to wonder why I just spent the money for this software. Maybe someone with more knowledge can educate me.

I live in Central Maine. Essentially I extend my filter to cover all the way down to include all of New York state. We are talking about a lot of people playing call of duty in this area. I simply can't get a peer to peer match. All I see are a bunch of people all over the country being blocked. 

My only option is to connect to what appears to be an Amazon server bank way the heck down on the border of Virginia and North Carolina. When I extend the filter, it connects to these dedicated servers, but the pings I get at that range aren't really optimal and are much less than what anyone would want for a first person shooter. 

My takeaway so far is that this software really isn't doing much for me if I have to connect to server banks that far down the east coast. I also did some experimenting with my other shooters and also found that they wanted to connect to server banks in the same area. 

If there is anything I'm missing, perhaps someone can she'd some light on my analysis of this software. Thanks.

• Administrators

Hi Dina - I recommend you use your Ping Assist feature as a Ping Filter. This will guarantee you get a low ping every single game (which no other router in the world can do). See the bottom half of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

Make sure you've also got your QoS setup optimally:  http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos