R1 on DumaOS 1.3 can’t handle IKEv2 VPN traffic

George

• Administrators

I can't see why you would have trouble accessing the interface or have slower speeds just by doing the tasks you're doing. You said you haven't done a factory reset since upgrading so I would suggest doing so, as the upgrade was a major overhaul there could be legacy issues there. Do you have devices connected upstream of the router?

Fraser, if you remember I am having this same issue.  When Im on the old OS it works with Turbo mode OFF.  With Turbo mode ON it fails.  with the New OS, I am unable to connect at all.  Is there a plan to add the removal of turbo mode button on the new OS?  I am unable to use the OS until that happens.  

• Administrators
4 hours ago, vip3rr said:

Fraser, if you remember I am having this same issue.  When Im on the old OS it works with Turbo mode OFF.  With Turbo mode ON it fails.  with the New OS, I am unable to connect at all.  Is there a plan to add the removal of turbo mode button on the new OS?  I am unable to use the OS until that happens.  

That option is effectively still there if you Disable QoS completely. The option for this is in Anti-Bufferbloat's Advanced Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel) and then check the option to Disable QoS. Click Proceed at the warning message. Then see if that resolves your problem.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:58 PM, Netduma Admin said:

That option is effectively still there if you Disable QoS completely. The option for this is in Anti-Bufferbloat's Advanced Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel) and then check the option to Disable QoS. Click Proceed at the warning message. Then see if that resolves your problem.

I tried this solution and the problem for me is still there.  I had a previous thread opened about it and I still cannot use my work VPN on the new OS. The old OS i just had to disable turbo mode and then i could connect

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Got a theory, re-enable QoS and put your speeds in as 50/50 despite it potentially being higher. Apply then drop QoS by a % each way. Does the VPN work then?

I just attempted this and it failed.   I will need to find time to get a packet capture and see why its not connecting. 

• Administrators

Okay that's disappointing, thought it might trick turbo mode into not triggering. I think that would be really helpful thank you, then we can give that directly to the developers to see what is happening. A copy of the router logs when it fails to connect may also help.

• 1 month later...

Any development on the vpn issue? It’s been months when I first submitted the problem and even though it seems other people face similar issues there is no response from netduma on then matter. Did you identify the issue? Found the root cause? Is there a fix on the way?

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi George, I haven't heard anything but I'll check in with the team for you.

Still nothing? I have raised this issue since December 2018...

OK George... I solved the problem with VPN on my own - after i spend bit of time why it isnt working with VPN app on iphone/ipad and I realise... and i forget to mention here, to be honest i am somewhat disappointing with new Duma OS.. itself it's not the issue R1, because old R1 was working everything... So i've tried to explain what works what not works, that need to be issue resolve, so then Duma OS can be great, otherwise i am being force myself to go back to old R1... 

So you need to change the R1 router as main.. because iphone/ipad vpn couldnt get it VPN properly because its looking for gateaway address or WAN which is simply doesn't exist.. 

Basically what I mean is change your R1 to MAIN router along with Openreach modem, using fibre account sign in.
Guess what - it had been working ever since, VPN works beautifully. 

I changed R1 as secondary router - without Openreach modem, plugged the supplied fibre router from ISP... 
It just SIMPLY doesnt not work. It's always Duma OS issue.

So if you dont have got openreach, you're out of luck, so you need to buy openreach modem on Ebay and use fibre account, Trust me it'll work on iphone/ipad VPN, because it had been working for 5 months! (it only works with Duma OS) or restore back to old R1, it'll work as secondary router.

The old R1 does not have that issue - with openreach modem or without it, it simply works.

I believe it's the Turbo setting that push Vpn out or something.

I know Ive tried to explain Fraser and Ive tried to help get the issue but i do have technical experience with deafness - as the english isnt my strong point trying to explain to you.

The old R1 - it used to be fast but i do like Duma OS - the bandwidth control is messed up. It just simply cannot get full speed of 100 down (i tested different methods) and tested normal ISP router. 

I will not put the list issue here because ive spend long time gathering issue/resource/difference, Factory reset done etc... So Fraser if you want to know you need to hear me out so then Duma OS can be improve.

R1 member for around 5 years or so.

Hi Fraser.

The speed isn't do with VPN'd on or off - I did even get full speed VPN - 80mb down on supplied ISP router. It's long list issue to sort it out on DumaOS, so i know it bring awesome again when it's update another version.

On DumaOS vpn'd i did get 7mb/s down (70mb/s) but it only on work PC vpn, not the Iphone/ipad what George have got the issue with secondary R1 router. But without VPN'd it get half of speed. 

I know it's easy to be get loop around - i.e. have you done factory reset - yes, etc and evnually i found its the issue, so i decided last week ive stopped using R1 and using supplied router temporary, till I sort the R1 out.

Please hear me out, i do have great experience with networking, in the some old topic that i did post.

Thanks for quick respond.

George, can you please get it back to me and let me know how you getting on changing R1 as primary with PPPOE connection fibre login with openreach ?  or roll back to old R1 (stay the same network layout)

So then your iphone/ipad VPN will work... 

many thanks