Host, Client tick, Send, and Receive rate

DollaB1ll

16 minutes ago, xolhid said:

I'm getting the same issue as well where the XR500 router is reporting a tick rate, upload, and download stats that alternate inconsistently. The game is still running smooth. This issue does not happen on my R1.

I was given a reason as to why tick rate, upload, and download stats that alternate inconsistently, Unless you have a router that can check the stats like DumaOS we cant say those stats are wrong, as I have played on Halo 5 and seen the stats more levelled out and not spiking loads during games but then that was only like the two servers I tried.

The lag comp in games is just to high now, I have a clip where I was shooting a guy, only for him to start shooting back and kill me. Yet when I watched the kill cam he was actually shooting like 3-4 seconds before I shot at him

• Administrators
4 hours ago, xolhid said:

I'm getting the same issue as well where the XR500 router is reporting a tick rate, upload, and download stats that alternate inconsistently. The game is still running smooth. This issue does not happen on my R1.

Both routers use the exact same code for this feature and all they do is represent the connection information, so it's most likely just variance in server quality. Let us know if this continues though (and grab a screenshot if you can!). Thanks.

6 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Both routers use the exact same code for this feature and all they do is represent the connection information, so it's most likely just variance in server quality. Let us know if this continues though (and grab a screenshot if you can!). Thanks.

No, it isn't variances in server quality. Saying that both routers use the exact same code doesn't mean jack when they both don't have the same hardware. Like I said there is no difference in gaming performance. The XR500 doesn't seem to update reports as fast as the R1. Tick rate, send rate and receive rate seem to calculate the info inconsistently. Tick rate will report 60ish every other report and 120ish the other reports. It is obviously not reporting correctly.

10 hours ago, Sci0n said:

I was given a reason as to why tick rate, upload, and download stats that alternate inconsistently, Unless you have a router that can check the stats like DumaOS we cant say those stats are wrong, as I have played on Halo 5 and seen the stats more levelled out and not spiking loads during games but then that was only like the two servers I tried.

The lag comp in games is just to high now, I have a clip where I was shooting a guy, only for him to start shooting back and kill me. Yet when I watched the kill cam he was actually shooting like 3-4 seconds before I shot at him

The reason you were given is false. I have both the R1 and the XR500. the R1 reports consistent results while the XR500 is reporting incorrectly. The XR500 is combining 2 reads into 1 report. The issue has nothing to do with lag comp at all. There isn't a single game that has a tick rate of 120+

On 12/25/2018 at 4:50 AM, xolhid said:

The reason you were given is false. I have both the R1 and the XR500. the R1 reports consistent results while the XR500 is reporting incorrectly. The XR500 is combining 2 reads into 1 report. The issue has nothing to do with lag comp at all. There isn't a single game that has a tick rate of 120+

Sorry you are wrong CSGO has 120 tick rate servers! Also I have both the R1 and XR500, I never said lag comp was the issue at all you clearly ignored my reply.  I said ' Unless you have a router that can check the stats like DumaOS' which you dont as the R1 runs on the same software.

Yes its clear the DumaOS has mis info as I get that no game goes from a 30hz server to a 90hz server etc in the space of 20 seconds. Yet this is the software showing this info, you only need to use the BFV in game network chart to see the DumaOS is way off in its stats.

Ill say it more clear, The lag comp in games is just to high now, this is why no router or software will fix this issue - end of.

Its crazy cause when the tick rate in everything else is normal the game runs very smooth but when its spiking i'm a second behind, hitmarkers delay and slow movement , you can feel the difference. last night I played on 5 different servers, it was very laggy and the tick rate was 120+ the whole match never drop below 120. 

• Administrators

Interesting - could you grab a screenshot of your ping stats please the next time you get a server like this. Sounds like it's all server side issues, but it'd be helpful to see that screenshot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There is no set number/range that is should be so I can't really advise on that. Receive rate will probably vary the most depending on what's occurring on the game at the time. Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth so they will be quite low.