Cant get into NetDuma GUI

Kuhmear

So I'm having a little trouble accessing my NETDUMA. When I type in 192.168.88.1 all i get is this screen and wont let me into the GUI. If it helps any I have tried clearing cache along with releasing and renewing my IP address. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Untitled.thumb.png.b403f4a5025596355da3f14718b59d9a.png 

• Administrators

Hi there - is DumaOS installed? If so, then could you try using a different browser like Firefox or opening Chrome in incognito mode, and see if that works. Does it then load?

Also reboot your router if you haven't done so already.

Finally, do you have any strong Anti-Virus / Firewall software on your PC. Temporarily disable it to see if that then allows the page to load.

Why is this happening?

factory reset the other day, router still works somehow, but I can't log into the interface.  I tried to log into the interface, but it keeps rejecting the credentials

admin
netdumar

tried 3 browsers, tried from my mobile, WTF?

Why doesn't it just use admin/admin like any other router that gets factory reset?

Nyd

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, Kuhmear said:

Yes it is on DumaOS tried firefox, chrome, and internet explorer in incognito mode. Rebooted quite a few times along with turning off BitDefender on my PC all with no luck. 

Could you try the factory reset button on the back of the router? Seems like a really weird issue, maybe it's not installed the software properly.

10 hours ago, nyder said:

factory reset the other day, router still works somehow, but I can't log into the interface.  I tried to log into the interface, but it keeps rejecting the credentials

Your password will be 'password' if you're on DumaOS, not 'netdumar1' or any variant of that. I hope that works out :)

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Kuhmear said:

I tried the factory reset button with no luck. The weird thing about it is that it only shows that screen on chrome other internet browser will sit and have the loading wheel.

Ok, that's actually useful to know. When you factory reset using the reset at the button at the back, do all the lights switch on briefly and then the router resets? Or does nothing happen at all?

Either way, could you do this on a PC please:

1. Make sure you have wired your router into your PC 
  2. Open Command Prompt (use the start menu and type in cmd)
  3. Then type in ipconfig in the black window that appears
  4. Take a screenshot of your results and post here.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Kuhmear said:

All the lights come on for a second of two then it resets, but I will post my IP configuration screen shot when I get home 

Could be your power adapter. Let us know the IP config results and we'll go from there :)

On 12/19/2018 at 3:34 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Could you try the factory reset button on the back of the router? Seems like a really weird issue, maybe it's not installed the software properly.

Your password will be 'password' if you're on DumaOS, not 'netdumar1' or any variant of that. I hope that works out :)

Thanks man, I was losing my mind lol

So these are my results...looks normal to me. I gave my PC a static IP address, updated all drivers on my PC to make sure it wasn't something stupid. Along with change out the power source and got the same page. Its weird because this router was working since DumaOS came out.

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.246
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.1

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, Kuhmear said:

So these are my results...looks normal to me. I gave my PC a static IP address, updated all drivers on my PC to make sure it wasn't something stupid. Along with change out the power source and got the same page. Its weird because this router was working since DumaOS came out.

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.246
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.1

This is the first time I've ever seen the issue you have, it seems highly specific. I think something must have happened during the upgrade process that's caused it not to install properly. Just to clarify, were you ever able to use DumaOS? i.e how long after upgrading to DumaOS did this issue happen? You might need to email [email protected] so we can explore further steps :)

• Administrators
On 12/23/2018 at 8:45 PM, Kuhmear said:

It was like two weeks after I got the email for my upgrade to DumaOS I installed it and was working perfectly fine till now. It is on the first version that came out never got to install the latest rolled out version.

Ok, that's helpful to know. Could you email us at [email protected] if you haven't already and we'll take it from there (could you include a link to this thread too please).

• 2 weeks later...

What was the end result of this?  my Netduma R1 on the new dumaOS. is doing exactly the same thing as described in this posting. I mean EXACTLY. Chrome is the only browser that trys and only ends up displaying the white backgorund with the netduma image on the top left. Exactly like the attached image in this posting. 

I cant log into it from any other browser.  I tried IE and I get a infinite spinning circle with a black background. 

Please advise

PS...i too am emailing the address mentioned in the above posting