Understanding QOS

Good Evening.

I am having issues trying to get the QOS to work correctly. I know it will be something I am not doing correctly!

My son watches Netflix and I then lag quite a bit on the Xbox, I have increased my TV bandwidth to allow more but I seem to lag.

See my image attached. Do I have all this set up incorrectly?

Thank you.

QOS.png

I was in a scenario where i want to play on pc ( league of legends ) but my mom hogs the bandwidth with netflix on a 20mb down 1 mb up line. The xr500 actually fixed this for me and maintains the quality on her stream to full hd np . Try these settings : antibufferbloat download slider : 75% upload slider 50%  then reset your qos for dowload and upload. On download qos for your gaming device set to 50% and the netflix device to 25% rest keep as is click apply. On the upload qos set your gaming device to 70% rest as is and click apply. 

This should work out for you and with time you can tweak it to match your bandwidth capability. Enjoy, this should help you out for the holiday season at least. :) 

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, alex.devine said:

Hi there. I had a go and it helped a lot. It seems I need to update a few other devices which is taking bandwidth like YouTube.

Thank you.

Looks like you've received some great advice above, that's awesome :D I'd agree with everything he said. If you encounter any issues with that setup just let us know and we'll see if there's anything else to do.