cant get an open nat at all :(

Jettman

• Administrators

Hi Jettman - could you follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

Also remember that the most important NAT test is your console's network test. If it shows as Open on there then you're generally fine. The in-game BO4 test is not as reliable (assuming you're playing that). I'll move this thread to the XR500 support forum, although I'm not sure which router you're using right now.

21 hours ago, Jettman said:

im on a nighthawk d7000 atm. im getting nate type 3 on ps4. never had this before.its always been nat 2

Seeing as you are not using a netduma router or a nighthawk with dumaOS on it I suggest you go to Netgear forum for technical support instead of ths forum.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

Seeing as you are not using a netduma router or a nighthawk with dumaOS on it I suggest you go to Netgear forum for technical support instead of ths forum.

Could you do this please Jettman - this forum is obviously just for Netduma/DumaOS routers

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, Jettman said:

yes didnt work

In addition to the suggestions above, you could also put your console WAN IP into the XR500 DMZ section (since it has its own DMZ). One of the solutions above will resolve this, or at least in 99% of cases one of them would solve it. Make sure to reboot your router and console as well.

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Jettman said:

im on the duma now and i still get nat type 3 grrrrr this legit has never happen, need a 1 on 1 sesh

Just to clarify: What settings did you change to cause this issue, or did it happen without you touching a single setting in the last few days?

Since this happens on other routers and not solely one of them, it's clear that something has probably happened either with the console or your Modem. If you weren't even using the XR500 or R1 at the time this happened, it's pretty clear cut. Keep trying the suggestions above - on the XR500, port forward for the game you're playing and configure the DMZ on your Modem and on the XR500. Try UPnP as well. Disable the Geo-Filter and see if that helps (I doubt it will since it happened on a router that doesn't even have a Geo-Filter)

Make sure to reboot your console and your router / modem before testing your NAT again.

• Administrators
  1. Can you put your modem into modem mode or bridge mode?
  2. And remove any port forwarding rules and just enable UPNP.

Should really be open if you do both of these things.