Sliders set to 100 up & down!?

CrossFitKila717

Hey all,

ive got the original R1/original firmware (no dumaos) & was fiddling with settings ever since playing for months. I mostly used the 70/70.......is it odd that ever since I tried both up & down sliders set to 100, that I’ve been having amazing gameplay??? It’s not placebo either since it’s been an accumulation of days, different times, hours & countless rooms/hosts. Seems like just the Geo-Filter is what counts most for me at least....been getting 12-14ms for both BO4 & WW2. 

• Administrators

Well it won't be preventing local congestion but if there is no one at home but you using the connection then assuming you don't get any spikes from auto updates/web browsing then it shouldn't cause you any lag but I wouldn't expect it to be better. Though as long as you have a good connection its whatever works best for you!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well it won't be preventing local congestion but if there is no one at home but you using the connection then assuming you don't get any spikes from auto updates/web browsing then it shouldn't cause you any lag but I wouldn't expect it to be better. Though as long as you have a good connection its whatever works best for you!

The only thing else that’s going on is my wife using WiFi at most, scrolling through FB. I’ve gone back & forth between all different slider settings & even when DSL Reports show pretty ideal bars (under the “results” page), it doesn’t seem to positively impact my play. I’m monitoring PingPlotter as I’m playing & it’s within 2ms within the 10min graphs with sliders at 100....again just as good if not better than any congestion control applied. Laptop hardwired to duma of course. Is it possible in some cases that throttling could hamper performance if not needed?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No I wouldn't have thought so. Are you going by feel or ping when you're comparing QoS on vs off?

Feel mostly......but watching PingPlotter, the graph is just as smooth if not smoother (less jitter) with the sliders at 100. This is consistent with both BO4 & WW2. Definitely NOT complaining but just trying to understand. Lol 😂