Cod bo4 lag

karan1234

• Netduma Staff
On 2/5/2019 at 1:05 AM, Lajkasir said:

This is what I mean Fraser. 

It's such a misunderstanding, I'm not sure where to begin. First off, the Geo-Filter gives you complete control over the servers / hosts you connect to - whether the ping is high or low. You can force any ping you want; if for some reason you feel like a high ping host is favourable then go ahead. No router will ever allow you to prevent high ping players from joining your server, period. DumaOS gives you the maximum amount of control you can actually have over your game, meaning you have the best solutions within your grasp. Saying it's pointless because high ping players exist is completely misguided.

Using some other router and throwing the XR500 aside is beyond pointless; just disable the Geo-Filter and make use of the other features. With the Geo-Filter disabled it acts just like any other router, albeit with a better QoS solution for gaming.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:46 AM, Netduma Jack said:

It's such a misunderstanding, I'm not sure where to begin. First off, the Geo-Filter gives you complete control over the servers / hosts you connect to - whether the ping is high or low. You can force any ping you want; if for some reason you feel like a high ping host is favourable then go ahead. No router will ever allow you to prevent high ping players from joining your server, period. DumaOS gives you the maximum amount of control you can actually have over your game, meaning you have the best solutions within your grasp. Saying it's pointless because high ping players exist is completely misguided.

Using some other router and throwing the XR500 aside is beyond pointless; just disable the Geo-Filter and make use of the other features. With the Geo-Filter disabled it acts just like any other router, albeit with a better QoS solution for gaming.

A couple of days ago I tried out the older router (the R1) aaaannnnd its much better... I dont really had good experience with the xr500. I swear something nots right with the xr500 Maybe its the Dumaos? I dont know, I like more the older firmware. The R1 is the clearly winner anyway. For now on I will stay with the R1. 

• Administrators

I don't see how that would be when DumaOS is much more thorough and with better quality of features and technology behind it, of course the hardware is better to. Unless there is a huge discrepancy in ping you're getting between the two routers I can't see there being any issues with it over the R1. Whatever works for you though!

On 1/29/2019 at 1:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

This is a support forum so you will mostly see people with issues here but you don't see the 10's of thousands who don't have issues with it. Putting it in AP mode means you'll get none of the features of DumaOS. I'd hazard a guess that you haven't fine tuned your QoS which would greatly improve your experience, every connection is different. Take a look: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Are you pinging every single player? If it detects the ping was under the limit initially, even for just a second it would allow the connection even if later the ping went up. Same with fast search, it's more loose which is why the pings can be higher

Just to reiterate what fraser is saying. I was kinda of complaining about the dame stuff ya'll are. Just the consistentcy from lobby to lobby. I did do what he said and went to ping plotter and adjusted QOS sliders by 10s until I got the lowest jitter. Its all about the jitter. If you have ping spikes it'll just mess up your gaming. It's not 100% perfect but you can eliminate everything on your as a cause. Also, I turn off ipv6 in both wan and lan (R1) cause xbox and ps4 doesn't support this anyways. So it's pointless. I also have upnp turned off cause I just don't trust it and have all ports to bo4 open. Make sure your flower petal has been adjusted as well for console. I'm giving mine 18mg down and about 3.5 up. Hope this helps some folks for a better experience on bo4, Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Guest Cussiv
On 1/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, Lajkasir said:

What I mean is I will play on my gaming switch instead and have the router set as an AP. I will connect my PS4 to the gaming switch and use all my wireless devices on the XR500. I've readed on the forums and it seems many people have problems with lag and stuff. I dont know if its something with the firmware or the hardware that cause this issue.  I feel the diffrence when I play between the Nighthawk S8000 and XR500 and my movement feels much more smoother on the gaming switch. Also the PA is acting weird sometimes. Having it set to 50 AND it will still block some ppl below 50 or connect to higher like 60-70. (it depends) and if fast serach is enabled it will connect me to 120 ping servers.And yes I'am not bullshiting, I cant send you guys proof, like print screens/videos if you want. Im serious. Im just trying to get this to work properly but things like this makes me upset.

I feel you. I had the same issue. For some reason the R1 worked better for me. I don't think it's the hardware or the software. I think its the QOS model that acts weird when you play online. Netdumas QOS is strong yes but it need to get some work.Their are better QOS like "cake" and "piece of cake" that reduces your bufferbloat and make your gameplay more fluent. For best gaming experience I would use another router with OpenWRT and install SQM and use "cake" and "piece of cake" for better gaming experience - https://www.stoplagging.com/ <- Good site. Check it out. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Alpoti said:

I feel you. I had the same issue. For some reason the R1 worked better for me. I don't think it's the hardware or the software. I think its the QOS model that acts weird when you play online. Netdumas QOS is strong yes but it need to get some work.Their are better QOS like "cake" and "piece of cake" that reduces your bufferbloat and make your gameplay more fluent. For best gaming experience I would use another router with OpenWRT and install SQM and use "cake" and "piece of cake" for better gaming experience.

Have you fine tuned your QoS utilising the guide http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection and experimenting with different %? Our QoS is world class so I doubt that once you've tweaked it for your connection that you'll be unhappy with it. 

Also I've removed your link as it's essentially promoting other products and this is a support site for our routers/software.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, Alpoti said:

I feel you. I had the same issue. For some reason the R1 worked better for me. I don't think it's the hardware or the software. I think its the QOS model that acts weird when you play online. Netdumas QOS is strong yes but it need to get some work.Their are better QOS like "cake" and "piece of cake" that reduces your bufferbloat and make your gameplay more fluent. For best gaming experience I would use another router with OpenWRT and install SQM and use "cake" and "piece of cake" for better gaming experience - https://www.stoplagging.com/ <- Good site. Check it out. 

When I moved to my new appartment I tried Bo4 on my new PC and their is a diffrence. My connection was around 38-42 ping and bullet connected instantly. When I was playing on my PS4 I had around 40-50 ms ping. My bullets barely connect on 40 or even 50 ping so I switched to the Xbox One and my ping is now around 30-40 and my bullets connect instantly. I can even play on 110 ms server and the bullets connect with some lag. I dont know if its my Ps4 or the Psn Black Ops 4 servers. The game works great on PC and Xbox anyway.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:28 AM, karan1234 said:

I just watched your clip, dude seriously this has nothing Todo with lag.

Do you even use the mini map at all to spot enemies?

This is what I can say about this clip....

1. Your map awareness is ZERO, you have no map awareness of where enemies are on the map.

Enemy UAV was announced normally I stay back , keep out of the open or play smart obviously you and your team mates are going to be pinged on the mini map( shown on enemy radar has big red dots). Instead you kept running in the open.

Twice there was enemy Hell storm you still kept running in the open, jeeez who does that 😂😂😂 unless you have a death wish lol

2. Your reaction time is waaaaay to slow for your play style, I mean running around the map with no strategy or awareness.

3. You get destroyed because :

You see the enemy first but they gun you down first because they know you there also your reaction is slow plus I noticed you didn't heal after a gun fight you won. You rushed into another gunfight with 50% health no way on earth especially on bo4 you gonna win the next gun fight.

No offence im not bashing you but these are the things off the bat I saw watching your video, I'm afraid it has nothing todo with lag. NetdumaOS isn't going to make you a better player. This are just basic fundamentals any cod fan boy knows, just play better that's all.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:54 AM, Sci0n said:

This clip just shows how bad COD4's lag comp is as alot of the time he hits them buty dies quicker than the other player as he is playing hardcore and you can see he hits people b4 they hit him yet he dies, so has nothing to do poor aim and positioning at all. Know your game mode.

The DumaOS wont fix lag at all if the game has shit servers and even shitty players connections, then lag comp is going to be piss poor no router will fix this at all. Its simple the DumaOS is only good for seeing what servers your on an trying to connect you to local ones, yet if the game has less players hardly any servers will be close to you. If you play oither games online you will see from the ping stats that COD4 servers are sooo bad and in a word shite!

DumaOS is only good if you have a Saturated connection end of, or you share a hosue with aload of people who use the internet connection alot making the connection Saturated.

He isn’t playing hardcore. Did you even watch the clip. There isn’t one times he died where he shouldn’t have. He was using an ak before it was buffed. He was getting shot first almost every time. He got shot by more than one person a lot of the time. He flies around the map without any awareness. He misses shots. He’s running into lmgs that 3 shot kill, Maddox prepatch (best gun in the game), and the melt machine swordfish. Seriously, if you think he got joked in the clip, you probably aren’t that great either. You seriously thought this clip was hardcore. You’re lost. He’s trying to run and gun with an ak when he should be using a sub or maddox. At least use an elo instead of the red dot.