Cod bo4 lag

karan1234

• Administrators

Quoting Netduma Admin:

Hi everyone. We have just made a large Cloud update. This will improve IP location of all devices and all games. These changes will automatically install on your router within the next 24 hours, but if you would like to force your Cloud to update, please do the following:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart your game

Don't worry if a server sometimes shows as a 'Peer' - there are still servers that we have not yet been categorised as servers. This will be something we tackle in the future but it is a purely visual benefit so don't sweat too hard if they're showing as peers.

We will announce this more publicly once we have feedback from you that things are looking good.

On 12/20/2018 at 4:44 AM, OMGiTzAlberTxD said:

Im playing on Cable atm. Getting Fiber in 3 months when they are done. Let me explain the problem I have. But Before I start, I do this. I Always check my Connection. I do test to see if its allright, I check my ping and bufferbloat, when its alright I start my ps4. I boot up the game, I search for a match. I join a match and I see I joined a "dedicated server". Lets say i have 30-35 in ping. Depends on what server it is. Well 30-35 sounds good right? But here's the thing. I join the lobby. Ok it seems good, the players are casual. Lets play this game. It feels good, smooth and my bullets are connecting. After playing a couple of games with the exact same people and same server my movement starts to feel slow, my bullets feels slow. I look at the kill cam (I know you are not suppose to trust the kill cam) But he already saw me like 0.5-1 Seconds and im already dead and I had no chance to react? They see me first and im getting insta smacked. Its even if they are noobs or pros dosnt matter. Can someone explain? Is it this router or is it the netcode or is it something else? I started to play on a gaming switch instead and I feelt my movement is much smoother. Is it any settings for this router? Their is alot of settings but i cant figure out out whats wrong. Can someone help? I spent alot of money trying to get the best gaming experience but im getting shit on sometimes.

i have learned that sometimes even if your in the same lobby after a few games you might be put on a different server that is even worse and you have to catch it before it screws you over. it might not be the same for you but it is just something i caught on to a few times

On 12/29/2018 at 8:38 PM, Demi said:

i have learned that sometimes even if your in the same lobby after a few games you might be put on a different server that is even worse and you have to catch it before it screws you over. it might not be the same for you but it is just something i caught on to a few times

Yes i have been also thinking about that. I 've feelt that i'm not having the same "good" connection when my bullets are not connecting. The servers are random in this game. I cant even trust the ping meter.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:26 AM, karan1234 said:

true brother i think buying net duma devices waste of money. on youtube they saying their system fix lag and when lag nt fixing they saying they cant fix broken game lol 

The router does everything it states it does, eliminate network congestion and puts you on a low ping server near you

• Netduma Staff
18 hours ago, OMGiTzAlberTxD said:

The router is very good yes. I think the problem is just the game. 

At this point, with the cloud optimised so heavily, the router shouldn't be the problem here. But it doesn't just have to be the game either! The problem could be your line quality, your location in relation to where the servers are, or something else. You could run a Pingplotter test to find out more about your line quality and go from there :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, Netduma Jack said:

At this point, with the cloud optimised so heavily, the router shouldn't be the problem here. But it doesn't just have to be the game either! The problem could be your line quality, your location in relation to where the servers are, or something else. You could run a Pingplotter test to find out more about your line quality and go from there :)

My ping is mostly fine i think its more about the lag-comp in this game.

Totally agree

I can play quite happily on the Paris server as it feels fair.

I normally default to London without the geo turned on and it feels horrible.

people shuddering and skipping across the screen and bullets not registering e.t.c

My base ping is 13ms but ping Paris at 20ms.

As a rule the next highest ping server should play better overall for most and this is why the geo Filter is a god send

I have been playing hard-core from bo4 came out can't get a decent game in the end I turn it of and went back to my bt router and at least some of the games work

Netduma has always struggled with games treyarch make 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Stickuin said:

I have been playing hard-core from bo4 came out can't get a decent game in the end I turn it of and went back to my bt router and at least some of the games work

Netduma has always struggled with games treyarch make 

I responded to the topic regarding your issue.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, Durty said:

All this clip shows us is your poor aim and positioning. Every single death the other person shoots at you first while you are sprinting around in the open. No router is going to make up for bad gameplay. 

This clip just shows how bad COD4's lag comp is as alot of the time he hits them buty dies quicker than the other player as he is playing hardcore and you can see he hits people b4 they hit him yet he dies, so has nothing to do poor aim and positioning at all. Know your game mode.

The DumaOS wont fix lag at all if the game has shit servers and even shitty players connections, then lag comp is going to be piss poor no router will fix this at all. Its simple the DumaOS is only good for seeing what servers your on an trying to connect you to local ones, yet if the game has less players hardly any servers will be close to you. If you play oither games online you will see from the ping stats that COD4 servers are sooo bad and in a word shite!

DumaOS is only good if you have a Saturated connection end of, or you share a hosue with aload of people who use the internet connection alot making the connection Saturated.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Sci0n said:

This clip just shows how bad COD4's lag comp is as alot of the time he hits them buty dies quicker than the other player as he is playing hardcore and you can see he hits people b4 they hit him yet he dies, so has nothing to do poor aim and positioning at all. Know your game mode.

The DumaOS wont fix lag at all if the game has shit servers and even shitty players connections, then lag comp is going to be piss poor no router will fix this at all. Its simple the DumaOS is only good for seeing what servers your on an trying to connect you to local ones, yet if the game has less players hardly any servers will be close to you. If you play oither games online you will see from the ping stats that COD4 servers are sooo bad and in a word shite!

DumaOS is only good if you have a Saturated connection end of, or you share a hosue with aload of people who use the internet connection alot making the connection Saturated.

I think anyone can see why having a lower ping to the game server is beneficial. Being able to control which host you get is equally beneficial, as is being able to block any server you want.

I agree with you on one point - DumaOS is great if you have a saturated connection. It's also great in many other use cases, including getting a great ping. Sure, lag comp / hackers / high ping players can sometimes screw over a lobby. You've still got complete control over the host of the game, you've still got a Geo-Filter, and it's still the best solution.

14 hours ago, Sci0n said:

Today I had the worst gaming experience ever. I’ve notice when I’ve low ping I get sh@t on. Lower Ping in this game makes me get clapped by I dont know? noobs, lagers or bullshit? I cant even react! Switched back to my gaming switch instead because I cant handle this bullshit anymore. The Xr500 is a very good router to see your ping and and what server you play on but in this game its broken. The geo-filter still tries connect to servers outside the filter. The PA works somehow if its set to 50MS. (I’m having good and bad games depends on what server I play on and how the lag comp is.) if the PA is to low like 30-40 it may try to connect to higher servers and I get lobby not joinable.  I will use the Xr500 as an AP instead for now on. Hope this works better in the next Call Of Duty game.

Edit: I’ve also noticed when I’m forcing servers and when its taking longer time to find lobbys its mostly like sh’t for me. The best GAMEPLAYS I had in this game is when I had PA 40ms with fast search and PA 50 ms without fast search or I insta join lobbys. The only downsight playing without this router is connection to a NA server.

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, Lajkasir said:

Today I had the worst gaming experience ever. I’ve notice when I’ve low ping I get sh@t on. Lower Ping in this game makes me get clapped by I dont know? noobs, lagers or bullshit? I cant even react! Switched back to my gaming switch instead because I cant handle this bullshit anymore. The Xr500 is a very good router to see your ping and and what server you play on but in this game its broken. The geo-filter still tries connect to servers outside the filter. The PA works somehow if its set to 50MS. (I’m having good and bad games depends on what server I play on and how the lag comp is.) if the PA is to low like 30-40 it may try to connect to higher servers and I get lobby not joinable.  I will use the Xr500 as an AP instead for now on. Hope this works better in the next Call Of Duty game.

Edit: I’ve also noticed when I’m forcing servers and when its taking longer time to find lobbys its mostly like sh’t for me. The best GAMEPLAYS I had in this game is when I had PA 40ms with fast search and PA 50 ms without fast search or I insta join lobbys. The only downsight playing without this router is connection to a NA server.

Lag compensation will affect you whether you use the XR500 or not. Would you rather have control over where you connect, as well as the ability to use QoS to reduce lag caused by your home devices, or not? I don't see how using it as an AP is going to solve anything - if you feel like you're having better games when you're not filtering, set it to Spectating Mode so at least you can see the quality of the servers you're getting and block the worst of them!

8 minutes ago, hq_1100 said:

I m not happy, i play Bo4 lag & fast ekia !!!!!!

x500 

ping 45

i try port 

itry dmz 

itry dns 

i try gaming (GOPN) vdsl

bad game with netduma , sorry , but true

BO4 is a lag fest - that's why we designed the Geo-Filter. You've got full control, which is more than any other router can offer. Keeping your ping low using the Geo-Filter is usually the best way to go for improving gameplay.

48 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Lag compensation will affect you whether you use the XR500 or not. Would you rather have control over where you connect, as well as the ability to use QoS to reduce lag caused by your home devices, or not? I don't see how using it as an AP is going to solve anything - if you feel like you're having better games when you're not filtering, set it to Spectating Mode so at least you can see the quality of the servers you're getting and block the worst of them!

BO4 is a lag fest - that's why we designed the Geo-Filter. You've got full control, which is more than any other router can offer. Keeping your ping low using the Geo-Filter is usually the best way to go for improving gameplay.

What I mean is I will play on my gaming switch instead and have the router set as an AP. I will connect my PS4 to the gaming switch and use all my wireless devices on the XR500. I've readed on the forums and it seems many people have problems with lag and stuff. I dont know if its something with the firmware or the hardware that cause this issue.  I feel the diffrence when I play between the Nighthawk S8000 and XR500 and my movement feels much more smoother on the gaming switch. Also the PA is acting weird sometimes. Having it set to 50 AND it will still block some ppl below 50 or connect to higher like 60-70. (it depends) and if fast serach is enabled it will connect me to 120 ping servers.And yes I'am not bullshiting, I cant send you guys proof, like print screens/videos if you want. Im serious. Im just trying to get this to work properly but things like this makes me upset.

• Administrators

This is a support forum so you will mostly see people with issues here but you don't see the 10's of thousands who don't have issues with it. Putting it in AP mode means you'll get none of the features of DumaOS. I'd hazard a guess that you haven't fine tuned your QoS which would greatly improve your experience, every connection is different. Take a look: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Are you pinging every single player? If it detects the ping was under the limit initially, even for just a second it would allow the connection even if later the ping went up. Same with fast search, it's more loose which is why the pings can be higher

On 1/29/2019 at 12:50 PM, Lajkasir said:

What I mean is I will play on my gaming switch instead and have the router set as an AP. I will connect my PS4 to the gaming switch and use all my wireless devices on the XR500. I've readed on the forums and it seems many people have problems with lag and stuff. I dont know if its something with the firmware or the hardware that cause this issue.  I feel the diffrence when I play between the Nighthawk S8000 and XR500 and my movement feels much more smoother on the gaming switch. Also the PA is acting weird sometimes. Having it set to 50 AND it will still block some ppl below 50 or connect to higher like 60-70. (it depends) and if fast serach is enabled it will connect me to 120 ping servers.And yes I'am not bullshiting, I cant send you guys proof, like print screens/videos if you want. Im serious. Im just trying to get this to work properly but things like this makes me upset.

The XR500 wont fix any issues and as for the 10's of thousands who don't have issues with it.... LMAO, I can easily say these are fad stats. The geo-filter is pretty pointless as yeah you can connect close to you but again if the game that you play on supports high ping players, which now is most games as before most game shighlighted to gamers their connection was shite.

As the guy said b4 when uve low ping you get sh@t on.. after trying so long with the XR500 I just took it out of the equation, I honestly dont use it as I find using your own router and making sure I got a hign ping allows me to play COD on what feels like a more even playing field, even on BFV I feel this is better. Now I am not saying dont use the XR500 as each to there own, but for me it was pointless using the XR500 on most games this gen.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:12 PM, Sci0n said:

The XR500 wont fix any issues and as for the 10's of thousands who don't have issues with it.... LMAO, I can easily say these are fad stats. The geo-filter is pretty pointless as yeah you can connect close to you but again if the game that you play on supports high ping players, which now is most games as before most game shighlighted to gamers their connection was shite.

As the guy said b4 when uve low ping you get sh@t on.. after trying so long with the XR500 I just took it out of the equation, I honestly dont use it as I find using your own router and making sure I got a hign ping allows me to play COD on what feels like a more even playing field, even on BFV I feel this is better. Now I am not saying dont use the XR500 as each to there own, but for me it was pointless using the XR500 on most games this gen.

This is what I mean Fraser.