Netgear xr500 after the update to the latest firmware and factory reset i can't get to dumaOS Dashboard (DumaOS not loaded yet! message)

After the latest firmware update i can't get to the DumaOS dashboard!! It says DumaOS not loaded yet! It refreshes the page constantly but i get stuck on this message. I did hard reset the router but nothing is changing. Please help

did you do a factory reset? If not then do so by holding the reset pin for 15 seconds and release then leave it to go through setup process. After 2 mins go to your browser and try to connect to the router again.

Are you trying to connect wired or wirelessly?

13 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

did you do a factory reset? If not then do so by holding the reset pin for 15 seconds and release then leave it to go through setup process. After 2 mins go to your browser and try to connect to the router again.

Are you trying to connect wired or wirelessly?

I did all of that and nothing is helping. I tried wired and wireless and get stuck on that message DumaOS not loaded yet!

17 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

you can also go to command prompt in windows and tye  ipconfig to see what your gateway ip address is and enter what it says.

In command prompt it says my default getaway is 192.168.1.1 and when i enter this it comes to the same message

you said your gateway was always 192.168.88.1 and  now you are saying it is 192.168.1.1.  Nighthawk routers such as XR500 and XR700,  those 2 routers do not have a default of 88.1 so I am a little confused as theirs is 192.168.1.1 which is the default netgear ip address!

try this process:

open command prompt!

inconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flush dns

try to access the router with this ip address indicated when it is renewed!

Also, are your ethernet cables snugly fitted and not worked loose.

just go directly to the ip address in the browser vs the routerlogin domain ex. http://192.168.1.1/  might have to make changes to set it back to 88.1 if that is how you had it/want it

if still can't reach it plug directly into the router via Ethernet - only ur pc to the router via ethernet cable, make adjustments to LAN gateway address, etc., then put it back live /reboot

Guest Killhippie
4 minutes ago, mitja1980 said:

https://imgur.com/a/706w5DI

here is a video whats happening when i try to go to the DumaOS dashboard

Clear your browser cache, then Factory reset the router by sticking a paper clip in the reset hole on the back of the router hold for 20 seconds then let the router reboot. wait 2-3 mins then open the broswer and it should take you autmatically to the setup page. You don't have to type anything in. Then set the router up manually, not using a backup.

When i factory reset it takes me automatically to the setup page. I enter my router login password and wifi password, it detectes my internet speeds, register netgear product and when it should take me to the dumaOS dashboard and i type admin and selected password it happens that what i posted in the video.

Guest Killhippie
36 minutes ago, mitja1980 said:

When i factory reset it takes me automatically to the setup page. I enter my router login password and wifi password, it detectes my internet speeds, register netgear product and when it should take me to the dumaOS dashboard and i type admin and selected password it happens that what i posted in the video.

Okay so if its detected your internet speeds etc once you click out of the Netgear register part a window should open up and it asks for your password, then you should be at the DumaOS dashboard. Ive never seen we are redirecting you before.  Are you using an add blocker? Have you gone into your browser before doing any of this and cleared all the bowsers cache? Also can you try another computer to log in?

6 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Okay so if its detected your internet speeds and takes you to the dumOS dashboard why are you typing an URL in? You are already logged into the router if you are at the DumaOS dashboard.

I factory reset after the new firmware. So i'm in the setup menu like the first time when you bought the router. It says its connected to the internet, detectes my speeds and then you must set your password and wifi password. At this time you are really not yet in the real menu and when the setup is finished and it should take you to the dashboard than the message i posted in the video appears. I have reset my router 10 times now, cleared all cache and what everybody suggested but i'm still stuck on that message. 

Guest Killhippie
8 minutes ago, mitja1980 said:

I factory reset after the new firmware. So i'm in the setup menu like the first time when you bought the router. It says its connected to the internet, detectes my speeds and then you must set your password and wifi password. At this time you are really not yet in the real menu and when the setup is finished and it should take you to the dashboard than the message i posted in the video appears. I have reset my router 10 times now, cleared all cache and what everybody suggested but i'm still stuck on that message. 

I would suggest using maybe another browser to start with to see if this persists, also white list routerlogin.net and 192.168.1.1 if you use a Add blocker. Can you try with another computer by any chance? Also you are doing this hardwired I take it, not via Wi-Fi. Also it is possible you have a hardware fault possibly. The only thing I can think of is to try this, not sure how it will apply as its logging into DumaOS but it is a Netgear router so may be worth a try https://kb.netgear.com/61/How-to-disable-NETGEAR-configuration-assistant-welcome-screen-hijack-screen

• mitja1980 changed the title to Netgear xr500 after the update to the latest firmware and factory reset i can't get to dumaOS Dashboard (DumaOS not loaded yet! message)