New XR500 Firmware Version V2.3.2.40

19 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Disable your QoS then run a PingPlotter test and see if you are getting spikes. If you are then it suggests you may have congestion (or a general line problem). This guide explains everything: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Have done a pingplotter test and these are the results, seems I have got few spikes every few often, should it be of a concern?

pingplotter test qtv.qa.png

Test was done over a wireless connection from my laptop to the router

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Z.Janahi said:

Have done a pingplotter test and these are the results, seems I have got few spikes every few often, should it be of a concern?

Test was done over a wireless connection from my laptop to the router

This line doesn't concern me, especially since you did it over WiFi! You should always test using a wired connection - you'd probably get 0 spikes if you did. Still, everything looks perfect here so I wouldn't worry :)

Hi guys,

Today trying deactivating PA on my XR500 and reverting back to GeoFilter only

The way I have done it is that I have set my PA to 200ms (max) and moved the home marker to the location I want it to be

However, after couple of restarts to the Xr500 & my console (PS4), it seems that the XR500 is not responding to the changes I made. So it keeps connecting me to the one server I used to connect to. I have tried getting the server in my block list however, didnt work as well.

Screenshot is attached fyi.

DumaXr500 PA to server.jpg

8 hours ago, Durty said:

Do I leave strict mode on or off if i plan to use ping assist? I was thinking make the geo filter as small as possible and just using ping assist to find games. Will this work?

Yes, that will work, you can either set the radius as small as it will go or set your location in the ocean. Leave strict mode on. 

16 hours ago, Z.Janahi said:

Hi guys,

Today trying deactivating PA on my XR500 and reverting back to GeoFilter only

The way I have done it is that I have set my PA to 200ms (max) and moved the home marker to the location I want it to be

However, after couple of restarts to the Xr500 & my console (PS4), it seems that the XR500 is not responding to the changes I made. So it keeps connecting me to the one server I used to connect to. I have tried getting the server in my block list however, didnt work as well.

Screenshot is attached fyi.

DumaXr500 PA to server.jpg

To deactivate ping assist you need to set it to 0. Setting it to 200ms will allow you to connect to any server with a ping less than 200ms.

• Administrators
On 12/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, Durty said:

Do I leave strict mode on or off if i plan to use ping assist? I was thinking make the geo filter as small as possible and just using ping assist to find games. Will this work?

Here’s a guide on how to do this (bottom half of the guide): http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

On 12/14/2018 at 4:40 AM, santa78 said:

Hello Team,

It's possible to roll back to the old firmware ?

The update is done automatically at home and my network does not work externally.

If I restart it works a few minutes then does not work again, I have this problem since the maj is done yesterday: /

Only my local network works, it is very problematic because I have a file server / NAS on my network with a lot of service on it 😕

Thanks you

I've been having a similar problem on my XR500- specifically though only when I configure the Hybrid VPN. "Disabling HybridVPN" as a fix for this is a pretty absurd thing to suggest long-term, but I can understand it being an issue with the current (first) version it's implemented on. It's a core function I think many users actually chose DumaOS for over other options on other routers out there.

I configured my custom VPN for use, it worked pretty great at first, I configured a few of my devices to run the VPN traffic and the rest to run standard dirty WAN traffic. Then I started noticing strange symptoms after about a day, like my local devices weren't getting any internet access anymore (my Roku, my Philips Hue bridge, my Alexa's) and they weren't configured to be running VPN traffic anyway. So I disconnect and disable HybridVPN to see if that'll help (and make sure the 'block traffic if VPN disconnects' isn't on), and my entire WAN goes down. As in, it could not pull a public IP from my modem anymore. It was constantly just 0.0.0.0. So I restarted the router, restarted the modem, completely removed the custom VPN config, and reverted all changes I'd made since it last worked. Nothing fixed this. I tried this about 5 times, until I troubleshot with my old Netgear R7000 to see if it may have been a modem issue not registering the router's MAC/pulling an IP. The R7000 worked like a charm as it always has. I ended up having to reset the XR500 router completely and restoring the last-working config. I'm a bit afraid to try this again as I really don't enjoy resetting the router and disconnecting everyone from the internet for extended periods.

I have one other question too (unrelated),. the 'Network Monitor' function looked amazing in screenshots, but in real world use it's not only barebones but almost unusable. Traffic is always live so you have no way to historically identify anything, charts are always dynamically moving as they update so it's hard to even click on traffic and get a glimpse of what's going on... is this being worked on to be more robust in a future update?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would have to see your VPN page to accurately say whether what you're experiencing is a misunderstanding of the feature or if it's actually causing an issue. Could you provide a screenshot please? 

The top graph you should have enough time to click on the bars to have the application breakdowns of what is being used. Historical data is something we'll look at doing in future.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, santa78 said:

Hello,

For me disable the Hybrid vpn as solved my network problem :)

Thanks - what was your problem exactly? Were you using Hybrid VPN before or was it just default set to enabled?

Guest Killhippie
On 12/30/2018 at 5:46 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would have to see your VPN page to accurately say whether what you're experiencing is a misunderstanding of the feature or if it's actually causing an issue. Could you provide a screenshot please? 

The top graph you should have enough time to click on the bars to have the application breakdowns of what is being used. Historical data is something we'll look at doing in future.

I found the same issues Fraser with the bars, they move so fast with lots  of Wi-Fi traffic and wired traffic its hard to click on one. To be able grab a snapshot you can click on would be great, right now it can get hard work, even if you just select up or downstream only, some devices are checking in the background quite fast and the bars move very fast.

• Administrators

What problems specifically? It is very stable, as well as having more features of course. Across the tens of thousands of users, it's not unusual for a handful of people to have issues. Often this is not actually firmware related, but something else going on.

You can always downgrade back if you're not satisfied!

I just updated with the image file anyway after my router auto updated itself. The hybrid VPN feature isn't showing on the side panel or anywhere for that matter. Did factory reset and cleared browser cache. What am I doing wrong? FYI I'm in China right now and my XR500 is bought through a local retailer if that makes any difference.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, maynardsdick said:

I just updated with the image file anyway after my router auto updated itself. The hybrid VPN feature isn't showing on the side panel or anywhere for that matter. Did factory reset and cleared browser cache. What am I doing wrong? FYI I'm in China right now and my XR500 is bought through a local retailer if that makes any difference.

I believe in China you instead have a VPN in Settings called Funshuj (sorry can't remember how to spell it) and therefore VPN Hybrid is removed for China

• 3 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, SturmButcher said:

Guys any news about a new version for the xr500, new features in future, roadmap?

It's in the works; there's always a new version in development. We might drop it a bit like Apex Legends or an Eminem album; nobody will see it coming ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated with v2.3.2.40 and now I do not have internet access. I have installed fw and factory reset multiple times but still no internet. Internet is working as I am able to connect ethernet directly to pc and connection works just not with router. 

Update: issue is resolved.