Geo-filter doesn't block peers

Hi, 

I have a problem with Geo-filter as follow:

1- when I deny a peer or server, it doesn't actually block him, and I can still play with him, rested many time the router, and still the problem exists

2- still I can see servers and peers in location which are not supposed to be. I made some dns lookup for the hosts and it shows different locations

3- Geo-filter doesn't connect to all servers available in FIFA games, and alway always connect me to 1 or 2 servers at most despite I apply the geo-filter in a location that has a server in it. 

therefore, please please give us a cure for this Geo-filter. I've got frustrated from waiting hybrid VPN update that still hasn't come yet, and this Geo-filter Issues 

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, mohands said:

Hi, 

I have a problem with Geo-filter as follow:

1- when I deny a peer or server, it doesn't actually block him, and I can still play with him, rested many time the router, and still the problem exists

2- still I can see servers and peers in location which are not supposed to be. I made some dns lookup for the hosts and it shows different locations

3- Geo-filter doesn't connect to all servers available in FIFA games, and alway always connect me to 1 or 2 servers at most despite I apply the geo-filter in a location that has a server in it. 

therefore, please please give us a cure for this Geo-filter. I've got frustrated from waiting hybrid VPN update that still hasn't come yet, and this Geo-filter Issues 

Hi Mohands, thanks for letting us know. The issues with the Deny feature are known, and I believe a fix is in the works. I can't give you details about any of this since I don't work for Netgear, but I'm confident that all these things will be sorted out soon :)

4 hours ago, mohands said:

thank you brother, but when since last update it has been more than 3 months since the last release 

As @Netduma Fraser stated there's a new firmware for the XR500 so check for update through the router as Netgear have not updated their website yet to show there's a new firmware release.