Improvements to the Forum

Yebs sounds good. But then you get customers that at first are very happy about the router and need i fix later if you know what i mean.

I know that may be to much but in the curent lay out you have to be tricky. What is what people sew first first few subforums. I think herenisnthe whole trick to have a catching names for sub forum like. Optimise you gaming expirence and under that links to fine tuning guide etc. If you know what i mean

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to ask about making the font a bit bigger for the optically challenged amongst us.... (me) and then by the wonder of modern tecnology

I pushed my fingers on the pad and low and behold I could see big letters again!

So please disregard any posts regarding Bigger Fonts..........

I was going to ask about making the font a bit bigger for the optically challenged amongst us.... (me) and then by the wonder of modern tecnology

I pushed my fingers on the pad and low and behold I could see big letters again!

So please disregard any posts regarding Bigger Fonts..........

Macca press and hold ctrl and then scroll upwards with your mouse or press + on the keyboard works on any web page.

Pretty happy with thing just now. I even like the mobile board (a rarity for me!).

But I'm sure any changes will be sympathetic so unlikely to annoy me :)

• Netduma Staff

Pretty happy with thing just now. I even like the mobile board (a rarity for me!).

Yeah, I like the mobile board too. The best thing about it for me is that it loads over gprs connection - you don't have to have 3G. So f there is anything you don't change, please let it me the mobile version as I guess if it looks nice and flashy, it will need 3G to load :D

• Administrators

Just a thought but how about "Netduma Radio"? Back in the day on my favourite forum I loved listening to the radio they had. It could be DJ's from the community playing music they want (I know theres some of you out there!), you could make music requests, could be great for podcasts/gaming discussions etc just an idea let me know what you think :)

• Netduma Staff

Just a thought but how about "Netduma Radio"? Back in the day on my favourite forum I loved listening to the radio they had. It could be DJ's from the community playing music they want (I know theres some of you out there!), you could make music requests, could be great for podcasts/gaming discussions etc just an idea let me know what you think :)

Podcasts sounds like a cool idea :)

Another idea, you could change the emoji pack that the forum uses. The emojis here at the moment have got a bit boring --> :)

Drama Queen sub forum could be a good idea,

A section that allows the few drama queens a place to rant and rave and troll and generally come in with a whole load of negative attitude before turning back into a normal person and asking for help in the correct manner in one of the normal help sections.

This way it would keep all the useless rants that just turn into a willy waving contest war of words that "he said" "she said" "actually I said" "well that means" could be kept in one place where if you are so inclined you can go and roll your eyes in wonder at how some people actually manage to still function in the real world.

If any posts of this nature are put into the normal helpful forum threads they can be simply picked up and dropped into the Drama Queen section thus eliminating the need for the members to start yet another thread complaining about censorship etc.

I mean there is a section about how to behave on the forum which is pretty much commonsense but I fear that is a quality which is sadly missing in many people in this day and age.

Just a thought.

Drama Queen sub forum could be a good idea,

A section that allows the few drama queens a place to rant and rave and troll and generally come in with a whole load of negative attitude before turning back into a normal person and asking for help in the correct manner in one of the normal help sections.

This way it would keep all the useless rants that just turn into a willy waving contest war of words that "he said" "she said" "actually I said" "well that means" could be kept in one place where if you are so inclined you can go and roll your eyes in wonder at how some people actually manage to still function in the real world.

If any posts of this nature are put into the normal helpful forum threads they can be simply picked up and dropped into the Drama Queen section thus eliminating the need for the members to start yet another thread complaining about censorship etc.

I mean there is a section about how to behave on the forum which is pretty much commonsense but I fear that is a quality which is sadly missing in many people in this day and age.

Just a thought.

- LOL

Or call it; The Duma retirement farm for trolling assholes!   :D

I think trying to update the forum design to be more like the main site would be nice. Not exactly like the main site though, otherwise it would be too bright.

But maybe just try to match more of the style, things such as:

• CSS elements: buttons, section headings, pagination (use the bootstrap-style you have going)
  • Include the main site header at the top, or re-design the header to include the forum sections as a sub-menu beneath it when on the forums

Just browsed a little more, can we get these changes implemented:

- Split the 'General' category into two:

- Netduma

- General

Netduma will contain the Feedback & Suggestions & News & Announcements.& a Misc section.

General will include the different language forums & the General & Off Topic & TechnoBabble etcetc.

Add a description to the General forum - at the moment I don't know if it is for anyhing General, or for anything related to Netduma. If it is for anything general, then surely that makes Off Topic redundant?

This will make it MUCH easier to know what each section is for.

• Netduma Staff

I think it would be good if the minimum search length was decreased to maybe two characters instead of four (which is what it is at the moment). Currently, you can only search for 4 characters or more, but on a forum like this where loads of acronyms (mostly networking ones) are used suck as LAN, WAN, IP, CAT, ISP, MAC, NAT, WPA, AW, BO3, BO2 (you get the idea) I think the option to search for 2 characters or more would be good.

I remember this was asked ages ago but it required server side changes to implement. I believe this can now be done from the ACP :)

• Netduma Staff

I've just changed that Crossy as I know its super annoying! For some reason searching yields nothing for those short search terms for some reason :wacko:

I think disabling 'full text searching' might fix that. If not (and if it is installed) try using sphinx.

• 2 weeks later...

For me the suggestion about having regional sub sections would help. I am only new, so from a new person's perspective I find it challenging to know how to set up the duma as I live in Australia - Which is a huge country and the towns are very spread out (About 1000km from Syd to Melbourne - and thats considered close). We are an isolated country and our population is very small compared to the size, our internet is pretty rubbish. As you can see, very unique sets of circumstances.

I was thinking about doing a youtube help video once I worked it all out as currently I cant find any info about how to best use the duma in such an environment.

I realise that all the users on here are very helpful and we can ask for help at any time, but some people are shy and wont ask... It was the first thing I looked for in the forum FWIW. Even if you just had one sub forum titled - regional specific, and then had stickies for each major area ie Aus/NZ etc. It would also be a good place to find others in your region if you wanted to ask specific questions of members privately etc.

Just my perspective from being a newbie (2 days now) down under.

Archived