Improvements to the Forum

• Administrators

Hey guys, so we've had the forum for quite awhile now and it hasn't changed too much. So what would you like to see on here? 

We have thought about changing up some sub forums, maybe smaller support forums and everything will go into just a few categories. Also maybe dedicated sub forums for games? CoD one, Destiny, Halo etc

Please let me know your thoughts so we can continually improve the forum :) 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Specific forums for games sound good - areas of technical detail, gameplay footage etc.

I also think the option to start netduma clans for games could be good as well.

In other areas of the forum it would be good to have a section dedicated to newbie guides that people just registered get a link to in their PM's? lots of first questions seem to be around net speeds (just like mine was!!) and this may help to alleviate it. I know all the info is already there on the forum but people tend not to search.

Also, a live chat box on the front header or an IRC channel might be nice?

If any of these already exist its because I'm a n00b and didnt use the search function ;)

Not a big change but maybe give users the ability to delete a post they made? Also like Jae-3soteric stated game sub forums would be great. 

Also I play ESO on the PS4 my guild is called "Amazon Prime" we as a team have 289 members right now. Building a huge ESO market for players to sell!

PSN-Trolling_Farm

Can you improve upon perfection? :lol:  I <3 the forums as is, but trust you guys will make the right choices to make it at least <32.  

If I did have one, teeny weeny, suggestion, it'd be to tweak the Forum Rules and CoC.

I can't see it happening, but just say, for example, an argumentative, or attention seeking troll ever lost its way, and ended up here.  Having a few tools in place to help deal with any such eventuality might save you guys some valuable time, and help keep the boards neat and tidy.   :)

Maybe add some subsection for netduma users based on geographical location? This would mean people get to know each other inside their respective games or inside their geofilter radii. 

complete black forum with white letters, a lot more eye friendly :)

also increase the recent topics window on the front page of the forum to 10 or 15 entries maybe, the activity of the forum is a lot higher than when it launched, the 5 new topics it shows usually are all created within an hour which showcases 5 is not enough

sumarize the foreign forum boards into one big international board with sub forums placed at the bottom of the forum, those foreign boards arent used very often right now so a bottom place should be fine too to give more frequent boards a higher place

Maybe add some subsection for netduma users based on geographical location? This would mean people get to know each other inside their respective games or inside their geofilter radii. 

I really like this idea, but would caution against getting "too specific" with regions.  I was on a forum one time where they made a sub forum for every state in the US & every province in Canada.  It was terrible and took up a huge amount of real estate.

I love Od1n's idea about "ranking" the active forums higher on the default forum page.  If everything could move according to interest, it may help tailor information needed for planning purposes like future enhancements.  See that tech support has moved to the 2nd overall position, and looking to see 6/10 threads posted all tie to the same misunderstood feature, would go a long ways towards time saving for Crossy and Zennon and Fraser.

But really, I like how the forum has grown to date.  It's been organic as needed and hasn't been rushed.  It hasn't felt like a cash grab forum where the only intent was to hit a certain membership level to be able to start putting ads everywhere.

I say as good ideas role in, evaluate and promote as necessary.  No sense adding 20 features, just to say you did it.

• Administrators

Thanks Dillinger some great ideas there, and happy to see you like the way the forum is heading. I saw the option for putting ads on the forum whilst perusing the admin panel today and it is not and will not be my intention to put ads on here. This place is a nice retreat for our customers, we don't want to ruin that.

Thanks Dillinger some great ideas there, and happy to see you like the way the forum is heading. I saw the option for putting ads on the forum whilst perusing the admin panel today and it is not and will not be my intention to put ads on here. This place is a nice retreat for our customers, we don't want to ruin that.

true, therefore id definitely keep the support section as big as it is right now, dont summarize anything

this gives a new customer the impression that the amount of support is huge and is really taken care of

I am always a believer in if it aint broke don't fix, it has been working out well up to now , small changes here and there yeah , dont go over board fella's ;)

its funny i have never notice that until you guys sad that this forum has always been clean of ads wow that is a big thing in those days grate stuff  

I am always a believer in if it aint broke don't fix, it has been working out well up to now , small changes here and there yeah , dont go over board fella's ;)

here with you on same page Zennon I feel exact smae. Though that idea of expanding new topics displayed sounds legit

It would be cool if there was a cookie that remembers where you are in the thread so when you return to it, the page skips to the first unread post in the thread.

I know this can be done as it is in use on thinkbroadband forum.

I like the idea of a game sub forum even though it's been mentioned several times by others doesn't hurt to recognize a good idea . Even though I am relatively new to this forum I do make sure to look through it quite a bit , I will even give a reply here and there.

Hey guys, so we've had the forum for quite awhile now and it hasn't changed too much. So what would you like to see on here? 

We have thought about changing up some sub forums, maybe smaller support forums and everything will go into just a few categories. Also maybe dedicated sub forums for games? CoD one, Destiny, Halo etc

Please let me know your thoughts so we can continually improve the forum :)

A jailbreaking forum for sure... That's pretty obvious.

+1

It would be cool if there was a cookie that remembers where you are in the thread so when you return to it, the page skips to the first unread post in the thread.

I know this can be done as it is in use on thinkbroadband forum.

Great suggestion Zennon.   Would that mean we can link to a particular post on a page?  Or can we already do that?  

How about some new themes for the board. Be nice to have the option of white text on black background, or just to mix it up a bit.  This Animate one looks cool.

Moar smilies :) or at least a  x7Qbn7v.gif  Many times IRL, i found the raising of a single digit often gets the point across

• Administrators

You can already link to a specific post if you click the button to the right of the post number it will give you a link :) Yes some themes would be great, maybe the duma background for the forum as well? :)

Ahh...yes, it's so obvious now.  I never noticed the button before, lol.  Many thanks Fraser :)

Duma theme would be sweet. I'm sure a few of our more artistic members would have some ideas if you're considering custom skins. 

Custom is probably more expensive, but IPS do free quotes so definitely worth a look.

• Administrators

Haha I've never really used it to be honest so but its always there in the corner of my eye...taunting me...you're welcome :) 

Yeah that would be great, I'll take a look into it :)

Well was just thinking that just small one abou the wiki Fqa etc.

Maybe there is way of sort of make them more standing out on that fornt page of the forum. Not shure how to do that though.

I think wiki and fine tune guied etc. Its very useful like most problem are solved by linking directly for wiki etc.

So many times people are not aware of this grate tool.

Thats just why i kinda came with this idea.

• Administrators

Yeah thats definitely a good one lukasz, its in our green box already but I don't think people look at it, it also gets sent in a PM to them when they sign up but again don't think they look at that either. I don't know the plausibility of this but perhaps when you go to the forum a popup comes up saying "Hey we notice this is your first time here, if you need support our comprehensive Wiki can answer most questions quickly with step by step instructions click here to go to the wiki, or click here to continue to the forum" thoughts?

Archived