Extended amount of lag via Wi-Fi

So got the router and a new modem (xr500 with netgear 3.1 docsis) set up was fine pc is connected via lan cat 7 cable. However my smart tv, laptop and phone are experiencing abnormal amount of lag vs my crappy old lynksys ea6350 before I could press an app and it and all content is loaded, now say I open speed test it will take up to 2 min to detect I have Cox internet and another 16 seconds average to find a server. Opening youtube will do the same app opens but it hangs on a blank page for an excessive amount of time before showing me content. I have ipv6 set up ip address is dynamic given by Isp, I have used ips dns and used dns benchmark to find the best dns servers (google, time Warner then 1.1.1.) I have two filter set up only for my pc and antibuffer scores a consistent A+ ping to Google is 25 ms I'm using 90% of 550 mbps data and I have tried giving Wi-Fi devices 50% or the auto 20% speeds yet speed test always says a device reaches 400 mbps (via wifi) I just don't know what I can do about it. Any suggestions anyone else have this problem. My phone now runs faster and more reliable with one bar of LTE....

• Administrators

Hi there,

I assume all these devices are connecting wirelessly? If so, I recommend you try tweaking a few things to see if that improves your connection:

1. Go to >Settings >Wireless Setup - is Smart Connect enabled? Perhaps try disabling it and then connecting all the devices that are slow to your 5G band
  2. Then change the 5G band to a different channel - it's possible the current one is congested
  3. Follow this guide to make sure DumaOS is set to max your bandwidth speeds: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maxmimum-bandwidth-speeds
  4. Turn the wireless off on your modem (if it's not already disabled)

See if that improves things. One thing to keep in mind is you will lose some bandwidth speed on wireless if your devices are far away from your router, or there's obstructions. However, I wouldn't expect that to cause delay in opening apps up etc.

Problem is completely fixed I just got annoyed with it I did a complete factory reset, all my qos settings I had the same, dns the same, I did not use smart connect as 2.4 ghz I use for guests idk what changed because I set it up the same but it's fixed. My only guess is I ran into some bug that was blocking packets to everything that is not my gaming pc.