Profiles and Active Service

Blue777

Hello Everyone at the R1 DoS forum

I would like to know more  information on how do Profiles and Active Services work

For example

There is an Unreal Engine Profile

Also there is an Unreal Engine Traffic Service

Do I have to enable both options in order for them to work smoothly?

I do realized that I can Activate Fortnite Profile and have Game Console service active, but doing this doesnt affect performance it is as if they actually do nothing

Also I can enable Halo profile and have unreal engine active service 

I initially thought that enabling Unreal Engine profile would enable Unreal Engine Service Automatically but it doesnt 

I started to get kinda confused so can someone give me some in depth information on how this actually works and how each affects the games I play

Thanks!!!

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Not to worry, I'll explain the differences :)

Each of the elements you've mentioned work separately. So if you change a profile or service, it won't change any of the other services / profiles.

Profiles on the Geo-Filter are just an easier way to configure the Geo-Filter radius, Strict Mode and Ping Assist. The profiles will change these settings just to make it easier to know what an optimal setup would look like for that game. For example, on Destiny you'd need Strict Mode disabled, and you might not have known that unless you selected the profile!

Services deal with ports rather than settings. For example, if you're using the 'DumaOS Classified Games' service in Traffic Prioritisation, that should prioritise any game you play because it's prioritising all the ports you'd need. I recommend using that service and not even touching Traffic Prioritisation; that service will work automatically.

You're doing everything right it seems. When you play Fortnite, do you see hosts appear on the map? Does it work as expected?