Firmware for netduma r1

starlord2687

Hi I just got a netduma r1 I checked the firmware and it says firmware version R1 2.1.3.29 is this the latest firmware? I also need help setting it up as I can't see no server hosts and also how do I check and see where the other players are? As I can't see anyone on the interface. I also need help how to get my sky router into modem mode. Thank you I would gratefully appreciate the help thanks 

Yes, that's the latest version available. For your configuration problems, I already answered in another previous publication that you did about it, I gave you some guides to follow it and configure your R1 more optimally. Please review your previous publication.
a greeting

• Administrators

Hi Starlord - as Tito said you’re on the latest firmware. 

You need to add your gaming device to the top of the geo-filter in the Device panel. Which games are you mostly playing and on which device (e.g. PS4 etc)

Sky routers don’t have modem mode unfortunately. So the best thing to do is port forward every possible port on your sky router to your Netduma. Let us know if you’re not sure how to do this. 

hi, thanks for your help, is it ports from the sky router i have to port forward? or is it ports from psn network i have to port forward? i dont know to much about this , but i have port forwarded the uncharted psn network ports to my sky router before. so i know how to do tht. but im not sure how to port forward my sky router ports to the netduma r1??

hi again, i also dont know how tro put in the game uncharted 4 that im playing into the netduma

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

hi again, i also dont know how tro put in the game uncharted 4 that im playing into the netduma

Hi Starlord, welcome to the forum :)

First off, do you have an open NAT? I might have missed something here, but you may not need to forward any more ports or anything if you already have an open NAT (Type 2 on PS4). It seems like the main issue here is not being able to see hosts on the Geo-Filter - if everything else is working fine, I wouldn't worry!

Have you added the right device to the Geo-Filter? If you have, don't worry about adding the game itself; the Geo-Filter will work if you've added your PS4 to the Geo-Filter.

On Spectator Mode, do you see any servers appear on the map? Are you zoomed out all the way?

hi, thank you for helping.  i can see them now when im in game but im seeing nothing in spectator mode, and i have it soomed all the way out? i did see one once that flashed uo as a like square looking box and then went. i switched of use router as dhcp server in my sky router. is this correct? becaus ei heard that u cant have 2 dhcp so is this the correct thing i did? also my download and upload speeds have halfed when i do the test internet connection on my ps4. i also need help with the sliders for qos filtering. i just want the best speeds for gaming. thanks for your reply

hi again jack i have my netdum,a set to allow tech support to access via remote, is anyone able to connect to have a look to see if everything is set correctly? thanks

hi  jack oh yes sorry, i do have an open NAT its NAT type 2, i have port forwarded all of the psn ports into the netduma. when connected to just my sky router i get 60mbps download and around 17-20 mbps upload but connected through the netduma im getting like 17-21.5 download and varies sometimes to 34mbps and upload has dropped fro 17-20 to 2-9 upload speeds that vary between thos numbers. all my lan cables are cat 7 so i know im not losing anything from the cables im using. also do i have to have ipv6 checked or unckecked on lan settings in the network settings on netduma? thanks

• Administrators

Hi there,

Type 2 is an open NAT so looks like everything is setup well there.

As for speeds, could you follow this guide please and let us know if you're back to full speeds: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maxmimum-bandwidth-speeds

Finally, could you take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and post it here so we can take a look at your settings. 

Thanks.

hi these are the screen shots ive taken for you to have a look at . i i have taken some of the wan dhcp, static amd pppoe aswell i dont thiink these have to have anything in or be used but ill show you just incase,

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

ill send you a couple of screen shots of my service provider router, of a few seetings so you can please tell me if i have to check or uncheck anything, thanks your a star

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

there i think thats all now . if you can tell me if all these are ok or not. thankl you so so much for your help, your a star you all are.

Screenshot (13).png

yes i want tp use it for playstation 4 for all games and also uncharted. as i want the best speeds and ping for my gaming

as you see my dhcp in wan and static and pppoe are all blank, and all switched to off also is this right or not? should there be anything in them? thanks

this is my speed test. now ill show you wat mt console speed says

Screenshot (15).png

My console fluctuates between 12mbos download and 2 mbps upload  to 59 download to 19 upload everytime I do a console speed test it changes from one minute high and good to then very low is this normal? That it fluctuates? I just did another test and download was 81mbps when I'm only supposed to get top 60 but it just always different when I test sometimes very low sometimes high. I tried to just send pics showing the changes but for some reason I can't send from my phone 

• Administrators

I'd change Anti-Bufferbloat sliders to 70% each, this will lower the speed test you get on the console as well. When set to 100% do you get the expected speeds on a PC? On Skyhub I'd disable IPv6 on the LAN side. You don't need to blur out the IP addresses in the screenshots, they're local IPs. WAN IP for the R1 should be in the DMZ you can see that in System Information. WiFi should be disabled in the Skyhub. Leave R1 WAN Settings as is, that's fine. 

Console speed tests can be inaccurate (even says it on the test) so wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you get full speeds on a PC.

cool thanks,  2 last questions,  i blocked a few players that had really bad ping but later they was still able to join still  how is this? also you see the wan and static and pppoe is all blank is that ok and all how it should be? thanks for all yours help its much apreciated.

• Administrators

If you were connecting to a dedicated server rather than P2P then that explains it as they would have connected through the server to you, we can't influence how other people connect. If it was P2P then they would be blocked directly. You still have the advantage with the server being closest to you. Yes thats all fine, no need to change anything there.

Great thanks, would I be able to add those people and then connect to them in lobby p2p and block them , and then once they are blocked would they then be able  to connect to me again through a server?  Oh that reminds me, what is the best dns server in UK to use on ps4 with the netduma. Thanks 

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

Great thanks, would I be able to add those people and then connect to them in lobby p2p and block them , and then once they are blocked would they then be able  to connect to me again through a server?  Oh that reminds me, what is the best dns server in UK to use on ps4 with the netduma. Thanks 

Check out this site for the best PS4 DNS server: https://ps4dns.com/fastest-dns-servers-ps4/. It very rarely makes a difference, and certainly doesn't make any difference at all to gameplay, but nonetheless it's worth checking out.

In terms of connecting to denied players, this is still possible. Denying a peer only means you'll never be hosted by them again, but you can still meet them again if you're both put on the same server. If it wasn't this way then Deny would be causing issues for thousands of players!

Thank you Jack, you guys at netduma are fantastic and always quick to help. Tell ya what I've never in my life seen better customer service than what I've recieved and witnesses through all my messeges and pics which I must say you guys must get all the time, a d me being the biggest pain in there rear lol. you guys really do deserve a medal. And I'll definitely always be sticking to netduma now. Not just because the netduma is great but because the guys at netduma are greater. Thanks again guys. And have a  hapy Christmas. Ho Ho Ho 

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, starlord2687 said:

Thank you Jack, you guys at netduma are fantastic and always quick to help. Tell ya what I've never in my life seen better customer service than what I've recieved and witnesses through all my messeges and pics which I must say you guys must get all the time, a d me being the biggest pain in there rear lol. you guys really do deserve a medal. And I'll definitely always be sticking to netduma now. Not just because the netduma is great but because the guys at netduma are greater. Thanks again guys. And have a  hapy Christmas. Ho Ho Ho 

Haha wicked, thanks for the kind words Starlord. We're a pretty small team but we do the best we can. I'm glad you're having fun, merry Christmas from everyone at Netduma :)

Your welcome Jack, only stating the truth, for a small team, you guys sure do alot to help many and with such easy to follow info that don't make it to complicated for us to understand. And with quick response time to, I can imagine yous are busy guys to. Anyway I'm going to sign off now, and thanks again guys, keep up the good work. All the best. 

only meeeeeee.   hi guys im so sorry but i have a question that i forgot to ask. do i have to have my primary and secondary dns AS 192.168.88.1 in my ps4 as thats what its putting in when i do automatic set up. also when in net duma i set the ping assist to 50 but it still let people in with like 180-200 ping is this right? or should i have set the distance to zero in the middle of the ocean and then used the ping assist then so the distance didnt override ithe ping assist? and if i was to change the dns in ps4 from 192.168.88.1 would i not be able to use the functions of the geo filter and qos?  thanks guys ps oops sorry i think thats about 4 questiuons there .

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

only meeeeeee.   hi guys im so sorry but i have a question that i forgot to ask. do i have to have my primary and secondary dns AS 192.168.88.1 in my ps4 as thats what its putting in when i do automatic set up. also when in net duma i set the ping assist to 50 but it still let people in with like 180-200 ping is this right? or should i have set the distance to zero in the middle of the ocean and then used the ping assist then so the distance didnt override ithe ping assist? and if i was to change the dns in ps4 from 192.168.88.1 would i not be able to use the functions of the geo filter and qos?  thanks guys ps oops sorry i think thats about 4 questiuons there .

Hi Starlord - I think you've misunderstood DNS, but not to worry :D DNS only slightly affects your browsing / searching speed online, that's really the only point in changing it unless you're into advanced stuff. It shouldn't be the same as your IP address - your IP is used to access your router.

I'd recommend using 8.8.8.8 as your primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary. That means you're using the Google DNS server, which is a really common one to use and probably the fastest too. You'd be safe using that :)

I reckon you're right about Ping Assist, could be you're connecting to a server in your radius with a really high ping. Some servers are in the wrong locations at the minute, so if you end up connecting to a really high ping server that looks nearby (or the other way around - a low ping server that's miles away) then let us know and we'll check it out!